Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter.... more
Online Makeup School
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Best of Lips!
Amazing Eye Palettes!
- Tria Age Defying Laser Review and Results
- How to Wear Makeup at 40 to Look 20
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Beauty Deals at Nordstrom Rack
- India Lee Homemade Java Fix
- Cosmetics to Conceal a Dark Circle
- The Makeup Bloggers top picks
- Beauty Essentials – Concealer
- Organic Skin Care Benefits
Best of Bronze!
Around the Web!
If you're looking for that youthful, young glow, the trick is a lovely peach blush, which brightens up the face, a little bit of highlighter on the cheekbones and, then, the perfect peachy-nude lipstick.
All of these will help to brighten up the skin and make you appear youthful and vibrant.
For this look, I'm going to use this beautiful soft peach, which is matte, and then top it with a highlighter that is a lovely champagne color.
- Going from the apples of the cheeks, softly blend up. As you can see in the video above, I'm using round, circular motions, that helps to blend and apply at the same time.
- You don't want to streak up the face because that will leave a harsh look. You want it to be soft and glow-y. As you can see in the video above, this is already brightening up the skin.
- Next, I'm going to take the champagne highlighter and pop it on the top of the cheekbones to really give a lit from within glow.
- Another trick is you can take that same champagne highlighter and put a little bit right there on the top of the cheekbones.
- Next, we're going to use a lovely peach-colored lip gloss to brighten up the face.
- To look youthful, you want to make sure that you're using softer colors. Dark colors can sometimes appear very harsh and actually age the look. By using a bright peach or apricot color, you're still getting a vibrancy to the face but you're keeping it softer, more voluptuous and sensual and not creating a hard cast.
- To get that vibrant, youthful look, you want to keep to softer, warmer colors such as peaches, apricots, champagne colors; these will lift the skin, brighten them up and create that glow that you're looking for.
I am consistently asked about makeup schools that I would recommend to new artists, but I also want to add that ANY makeup artist needs to continue her education and also learn the ins and outs of the makeup industry and how to run your own business. ENTER The Val Garland school of make-up. I am beyond thrilled to recommend this online course, and encourage new and veteran artists across the world to look into this amazing course. You can participate from your home, and get a world class education that teaches you not only about artistry, but gives you the business skills you need to thrive.
Val Garland has created looks for every major fashion magazine and fashion brand in the world, from Vogue to i-D, MAC to Lanvin. Now, alongside some of her peers in the industry, she's giving you the skills and opportunities to do the same.
Guest experts include: i-D, Vivienne Westwood, Nick Knight, journalist Sali Hughes, NARS and many more. This is an unrivalled opportunity to get insider insight into how make-up artists can navigate the fashion industry from the world’s most respected artists and brands.
Plus, you'll learn alongside the most exciting make-up artists from across the world. Together, develop your creative skills to the level demanded from lead artists, and create an industry-relevant portfolio seen by the people you need to impress.
This isn’t the standard ‘how-to’. It’s a course for ambitious MUAs who want to work at the top of the fashion industry. Think of it as a three-month apprenticeship with Val, her team and her network of fashion legends. The only way you’d get more personal experience would be to be her assistant!
- The chance to be profiled by i-D
- Editors from the world’s most exciting fashion magazine will be scouting for talent in the online classroom. They will choose a handful of their favourite MUAs to profile on i-D.com
- Access to a line-up of fashion legends
- Everyone from iconic photographer Nick Knight to fashion legend Vivienne Westwood will be giving live Q&As throughout the course. Wherever you are in the world, you’ll have the opportunity to ask them questions and have your work seen by the people who matter.
- Lifetime access to a structured syllabus
Each week will consist of the release of new videos, live Q&As and projects that help you build your knowledge and experience of make-up in the fashion industry. You’ll keep all materials for life, for career-long support, and automatically join the Mastered alumni programme.
How you’ll learn
Each week we’ll deliver fresh and engaging video, taking you backstage and into the ateliers and lives of our industry leaders.
Every course includes weekly online class discussions, forums, and projects for you to complete and get feedback on.
Anytime, anywhere, forever
Access course materials around the clock from anywhere in the world, and for as long as you need after the course has ended to refresh your skills.
In this three-month online course, starting May 15, priced at US$1350 (£995), iconic make-up artist Val Garland shares lessons from years at the top of the fashion industry to help you get ahead in your own career. Applications will close May 10th. Payment plans available. Don’t miss out.
Spring: The time of flings, fun, and a lot of time running around in the sun. You obviously want to look your best at this playful time of year -- but with as little time and effort as possible!
We asked some of our favorite celebrity stylists for their top hairstyle tutorials for great, simple -- and hot! -- looks for the steamy season.
“Beachy waves can instantly glam up any style when you opt for a textured tail,” says Fernando Salas, renowned master stylist and founder of the White Sands corporation. To create this look, forget typical roller sets and opt for adjustable, no-pull Velcro strips to fashion loosely sculpted curls.
1. To get lift with a slight texture on the ends, start with wet hair and take 2-inch sections of hair. Spritz each section with styling spray, then lay a Velcro strip underneath. Roll the Velcro strip toward your head into a roller. Repeat until all your hair is rolled, using clips to hold in place.
2. Let hair air dry or apply a dryer for roughly 4-5 minutes, allowing the new
desired texture to cool before removing the clips.
3. Take out the clips and Velcro strips, combing the style out if needed
to loosen the waves.
4. Use your hands to gently sweep your tresses up into a ponytail, bringing down layers to frame your face if desired.
5. Spray with a flexible hold hairspray for a shiny, touchable style that lasts.
The High Bun
Variations of the classic bun have been popular with everyone from ballerinas to CEOs. Recently, women have combined the elements of the “messy bun” with the coiffed look of the chignon to create what is known as a high bun.
“High buns require little time, and they are easy to achieve with your natural hair, braids and extensions, which makes it the perfect style for those hot summer days,” says Mary Malave, owner of Brooklyn-based Salon Malave. Try these tips to create this look:
Today we're gonna be talking about cosmetics to conceal a dark circle. Now dark circles can really be a frustration for those of us that suffer from them. I know, I'm one of them. They can instantly make you look really tired and just kind of take down the look vibrancy of your face. It's one of my biggest frustrations. But, the good thing is there are a lot of amazing concealers and correctors out there that can make you look wide awake and absolutely banish those dark circles. These are a few of my favorites. I absolutely love It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. I mean the name just says it all. It's very dense, it has a great amount of coverage, and the colors are all a peach base, which is the key to banishing those blue undertones of your dark circles. Another one that I love is new NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It has a light reflecting quality to it, once again a beautiful peach base, really really wonderful for those days when you don't need as heavy as a coverage, but still want to make sure that you have that brightness under the eye. And last but not least, I absolutely love SmashBox Cosmetics Photo Op Under Eye Brightener for midday touch ups. It has a really nice kind of shimmer to it that's not too overwhelming and helps to really brighten up the look of the eyes during the day when you might be getting a little bit tired and those circles tend to pop back up. So I hope that helps, and I hope that you try out these cosmetics to help your dark circles.
My newest skincare obsession has been oils. Anything oils. Contrary to popular belief, they do not clog up your pores, or enhance your oily skin. Instead, they sink into the skin, add suppleness, and smooth out the skin in ways that no moisturizer can.
Recently, I was introduced to Lina Hanson Global Face Serum and promptly fell in love. I smother it all over my skin whenever I get the chance! The thing that I adore about the serum is the stunning combination of oils from around the world. The scents are intoxicating, and the oils instantly absorb into the skin and create an epic glow.
Lina Hanson, the celebrity artist behind the serum, shares her inspiration by sayin:
“In my travels as a makeup artist, I’ve worked with people of all skin types and skin issues. The one thing that we can all agree on is the importance of flawless skin. Achieving that perfect complexion is what we all strive for. We spend so much money on luxurious creams and procedures to achieve it, not realizing the products we use are filled with dangerous toxins that harm our skin. I believe using pure and natural ingredients derived from the earth will help your skin get the nutrients it needs to look its best."
Lina Hanson Global Face Serum will benefit your skin in the following ways:
* Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
* Reduces inflammation and skin irritation
* Improves complexion and restores elasticity
* Absorbs quickly into the skin
1) Estee Lauder 'Double Wear' Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer: Looks flawless for 15 hours!! Feels comfortable, never dry and stays seamlessly without creasing. The lightweight, transfer-resistant cream formula is infused with minerals and emollients to condition skin and make blending easy for a luminous finish that lasts. Water-, perspiration- and humidity-resistant. Thank you!
2) Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer Honey: A makeup-artist favorite, Cle de Peau Beaute concealer continues to win major awards year after year. Why? It is the best! Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections. Tip: For lighter skin tones, the Honey shade can be used underneath your matching concealer as a color corrector for truly dark areas
3)Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Sc-4: The best one-two punch for discoloration and dark circles. Secret Camouflage contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin's depth of color and one to match the skin's undertone. It helps to conceal redness, blemishes and age spots for a more even appearance.
4) MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Concealer 345 Dark Beige: The perfect peach.This concealer creates a soft-focus effect, brightening the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, radiant look. Perfect even under the harsh light of HD cameras.
5) Orlane Highlighter: A highlighting complexion pen that needs to be kept in your purse at all times! Areas of shadow and signs of fatigue are chased away for instant light diffusion. The formula is enriched with smoothing, draining and filtering active ingredients with a soft focus effect.