Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter... more
Be A Member!find out more
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
- Beauty for a Cause
- Beauty Tips and Tricks
- Best Of
- Celebrity Looks
- Cheap and Fabulous
- Contributor Articles
- Friday Top 5
- Get The Look
- Holiday Gift Sets
- Makeup Artist Tips
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Wars!
- New Products
- New York Fashion Week
- Reader Spotlight
- The Beauty Blog Network Weekend Read
- The Beauty Club
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Weekly Beauty Tips
- The Makeup Sessions Membership
- Cargo Eyelighter
- Face Filter 3 Pro
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Makeup Tips For Travel
- Lip Colors That Brighten Your Teeth
- How To: False Eyelashes and Lash Extensions
- How to Help Heal Your Skin After Blowing Your Nose Too Much
- Previse SunSheer Sunscreen SuperChill
- Return To Origins Recycling Program
- How to Do a Tight Line With Cream Liner
- Fast and Fabulous Hair Fixes
- How to Conceal Under-Eye Imperfections Without Foundation
- German Nivea Creme
Product of the Month
How to Conceal Under-Eye Imperfections Without Foundation -- powered by ehow
The first trick is to make sure that you have a product that is an eye brightener and an eye enhancer. You're looking for something with a peach undertone that has light-reflecting qualities to it. This will really help to brighten up the eye and to help the fact that you won't have to use as much foundation or concealer. As you can see from the video above, the products have a peach-champagne tone base with a bit of light-reflecting qualities to it.
- When put over the eye, they help to diffuse fine lines and dark circles and give the eye a wide awake and fresh look.
- You're going to want to put this where your darkest circles are and that's right in this triangle. I like to pat it in with my fingers to warm up the product and really help to have it soak into the skin.
- If you prefer to use a sponge or a brush, make sure that you pat it into the skin so that it stays on and isn't wiped away. You can instantly see how this brightened up the eye.
- If you feel that you still need coverage, you can use an eye brightening or illuminating concealer with a little bit of a yellow base. Put it, once again, right there where the dark circles are. For this, I would use a light feather brush to help finish blending. This gives a really beautiful, natural glow to the eye area without the cakiness of foundation.
So, there you go. Look for products that say illuminating and eye brightening. Those things will help you to naturally diffuse the look of dark circles or puffiness under the eyes and give you the coverage you need without foundation.
By Aly Walansky for Life & Beauty Weekly
Spring: The time of flings, fun, and a lot of time running around in the sun. You obviously want to look your best at this playful time of year -- but with as little time and effort as possible!
We asked some of our favorite celebrity stylists for their top hairstyle tutorials for great, simple -- and hot! -- looks for the steamy season.
“Beachy waves can instantly glam up any style when you opt for a textured tail,” says Fernando Salas, renowned master stylist and founder of the White Sands corporation. To create this look, forget typical roller sets and opt for adjustable, no-pull Velcro strips to fashion loosely sculpted curls.
1. To get lift with a slight texture on the ends, start with wet hair and take 2-inch sections of hair. Spritz each section with styling spray, then lay a Velcro strip underneath. Roll the Velcro strip toward your head into a roller. Repeat until all your hair is rolled, using clips to hold in place.
2. Let hair air dry or apply a dryer for roughly 4-5 minutes, allowing the new
desired texture to cool before removing the clips.
3. Take out the clips and Velcro strips, combing the style out if needed
to loosen the waves.
4. Use your hands to gently sweep your tresses up into a ponytail, bringing down layers to frame your face if desired.
5. Spray with a flexible hold hairspray for a shiny, touchable style that lasts.
The High Bun
Variations of the classic bun have been popular with everyone from ballerinas to CEOs. Recently, women have combined the elements of the “messy bun” with the coiffed look of the chignon to create what is known as a high bun.
The Hot Weather is Finally Hitting Bay and Here are Some Styles and Beauty Tips and Secrets From Around The Web That Will Help You Looking Smoking All Summer While Keeping You Cool: by Erika Sun
Sleek, Effortless Celebrity Inspired Ponytails:
Want to stay cool, but look easy and breezy this summer? Soften up a sleek high pony by curling a few face-framing, loose strands or romanticize a super loose side pony with small sectional braids of any kind (i.e: snake, fishtail, invert, chain, etc). Have fun and make your ponytail unique to your personality!
Fun and Easy Updos:
These are some sexy, voguish hairstyles that are perfect for going out on a date, going to work, or even lounging around with some friends. Make yourself look glam or cute effortless with these tips. You can give a trendy kick to a typical high-swept bun by adding in a set of luscious eye-grazing bangs, a mixed, edgy perk to a loose side bun with piecey bangs, or even a glamorous look by adding a vibrant-colored jeweled clip.
Kim Kardashian Inspired High Pouf Ponytail:
Ever wonder how Kim Kardashian achieves her sky-high sleek pouf ponytail? Her thick, luscious pony is achieved by adding in natural-looking extensions and the pouf is achieved by teasing the front hair section. Watch this video to see how to properly clip in hair extensions, tease the front hair section, and smooth flyaways.
I hate nothing more than checking out pictures only to discover my skin was splotchy or a big pimple popped up on my chin. Everything else looks great, but somehow all I can do is stare at my flaws. Something even worse is taking head shots that never turn out right. Don't you wish you could fix photos or learn how to photoshop so you always looked your best? FaceFilter3 from Reallusion puts professional photo editing tools at your fingertips.
Designed for Beauty
FaceFilter3 isn't just another PhotoShop clone. Instead, the program focuses on beauty. From makeup to facial reshaping, it does a little of everything. What I personally like best is the constant “before” and “after” photos side by side throughout the editing process so you see exactly how much of a difference your changes make.
Hundreds of Uses
Whether the photo didn't take right (think random shadows or glare) or you have blemishes and wrinkles you'd rather not have memorialized in a photo, FaceFilter3 will fix the problem. You can enhance your skin tone to get the healthiest look and a natural glow, erase blemishes completely and even use layers to clear away wrinkles.
Perhaps you're having some puffiness or your smile isn't shaped quite like you would like. I couldn't believe the difference that a few tweaks could make in making you look younger or more even. Cute, chubby cheeks can be slimmed down to create a new vision of you.
Now for my favorite use – makeup. With lipstick, eye makeup and contouring, you can see exactly what your face would look like with different colors and styles before buying or using makeup at home. I love trying out new combinations and just going wild. It's also fun to share the “after” photos to make friends' jaws drop.
If beauty isn't your thing, FaceFilter3 has you covered. With stunning smart editing, you can turn a plain photo into a true life-like memory. Bring out every color and erase imperfections. Add in lens effects and DSLR effects even after a photo's been taken.
What's The Difference
Okay, so I know there are hundreds of tools that claim to do the same thing. Frankly, I think FaceFilter3 is one of those rare programs that delivers without being overly complicated. Easy to use menus and tools make it easy for beginners to start editing. Plus, Reallusion provides detailed tutorials to accustom you to menus and common edits.
Since I loved the makeup portion so much, I really loved the set of 51 free makeup elements you get just for registering. Plus, the program caters to every type of facial editing you could imagine, not just makeup or skin tone. It does it all for an affordable price. The Standard version is only $29.95, but you don't get all features. For all features (PRO), the price goes up to $79.95. I'd recommend taking the PRO version for trial run before buying.
Honestly, I've never seen a single tool offer so much versatility and stunning results. Whether you want to try out new styles, edit a family photo or create stunningly professional head shots for resumes, you'll only need a single program.
by Sian Bitner Kearney
Whether it’s her eccentric role as Gloria on Modern Family or her recent character as sous chef Ava in the New Year’s Eve, you have to admit this Columbian cutie has loads of personality and looks. For the 2013 SAG Awards, Vergara kept her makeup simple but sexy, channeling one of the great sex symbols of the past, Sofia Loren.
- Much like a great painting, true beauty starts with a great canvas.
- For skin that is flawless and glowing without too much shine, apply Diorskin Forever Flawless foundation to face with a foundation brush.
- Create a glow that lasts all night with a coral cream blush like Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Tuscan Spell.
- Apply to apples of cheeks with your fingertips and then blend with a brush as needed.
- Much like Loren, Vergara’s look is all about the eyes. To create a smoky but naturally sexy look, avoid dark black shadows and opt for a subtler brown like this one from Beauty is Life.
- Apply to lids and use as a liner for the bottom lash line.
- Next, apply a black gel liner to the top lash line, staying as close to the lashes as possible and then create a slightly dramatic wing at the corners.
- We like Smashbox Jetset Waterproof liner for a look that lasts right on through the after party!
- Finish the eyes with several coats of black lengthening mascara like this one from Napoleon Perdis for eyes that are flirty and fabulous!
- With the rest of the look being so neutral, the lips are a great place to add a pop of color. Try a medium pink for a perfect pout like Coral Pink from Koh Gen Do.
- Top your look with some sexy waves and a daring dress and you’ve mastered a look that no paparazzi can resist!
For today's membership artist interview, I felt very privileged to be able to hear from Kim Bower, whose artistry has graced many pages of the blog.
Kim has collaborated with many highly revered photographers from Antoine Verglas and Marcus Klinko to Patrick Hoelcke. Her work has been featured in publications such as German GQ, Numero, and Flaunt. Her celebrity clients include Julianna Margulies, Cynthia Nixon, Christina Hendricks, Kerry Washington, Jane Krakowski, Maggie Grace, and Jennifer Morrison to name a few.Kim is most sought after for her light touch, her focus being on creating a dewy flawless skin above all else. Very detail oriented, her aesthetic revolves around the features that embody individual beauty: the particular flush of the cheek matching the lip, a highlight on the tip of the nose, the curve of a lip. She is known for being a careful listener and a calm yet creative force on set. Enjoy!