I don't know why, but as I have gotten older my skin has gone from somewhat dry to alligator dry! It is often tight, itchy and dull. Not pretty at all. I have become stuck in a skincare rut, with some products doing ok and others just not working at all.
So, when I got the chance to try out a new skincare set for dry skin, I said "why not!". I was glad I did. I have been hearing about Paula's Choice skincare for some time, but never made the jump to try it out. For me, the best thing about these products was the simplicity. It never irritated my skin, or clogged my pores. I liked them so much that I even took these with me on my honeymoon! If that is not trusting your skincare, than I don't know what is.
Paula's Choice provides you with access to a skincare expert who can go through your concerns with you and recommend products that would be best suited to your needs. After having a consultation, I was referred to the Skin Recovery line for dry skin with the addition of the Resist Moisture Renewal Oil. Now, I will admit that some of the products didn't blow my mind (I have never been a toner gal), but I ADORED the concentrate serum, gel exfoliant, replenishing moisturizer and the oil. LOVE LOVE LOVE mixing the oil with my replenishing moisturizer. It is an amazing combo that never left me feeling greasy or lacking in moisture.
Here are the details:
Products in the Skin Recovery Advanced Kit Include:
- Skin Recovery Softening Cream Cleanser:
- Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner:
- Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant:
- This lightweight gel increases skin cell turnover rate, revealing a smooth, firm and radiant appearance.
- Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum:
- a gentle alternative to retinol
- Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30:
- Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer:
- Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask:
- borage seed oil
- Aloe barbadensis
- ceramide NS, and vitamin E
- Chamomilla recutita flower extract,
- coenzyme Q10, and licorice extract
- macadamia nut oil, and grape seed extract
- soy oil, vitamin C, beta-glucan, olive oil/olive fruit oil
- cucumber extract, apricot kernel oil
Now you can try out these sets for yourself (and don't forget my personal favorite, Resist Moisture Renewal Oil)