Here is another one of my makeup artist secrets.....Jolen creme bleach. Celebrating its 50th birthday (this brand first hit shelves in 1964!) and still going strong as an at-home beauty staple for millions of women, including myself!
I have been using Jolen both professionally and personally for the past 16 years. I was first introduced to it by my makeup teacher, who suggested we always have it on hand when working with actresses or models. This has become one of the best tips I have ever received. Not only is it simple, and fast, but it won't irritate the skin, which is essential when I am on set. Jolen saves me when I need to soften the look of a darker eyebrow, dark arm hair, or even the upper lip. We all have something! Personally, I have loved using Jolen to lighten those few dark stray hairs on my lady mustache that always seem to pop up!
Jolen was originally created to be used as a facial bleach, especially for the lip and chin area, yet beauty enthusiasts have discovered that it works miracles on arms, thighs, and body hair as well! Bleaching is one of the safest ways to cope with unruly, or embarrassing dark hair.
THE BENEFITS OF BLEACHING
• Used as facial bleach for the lip, cheeks and chin area, Jolen is also recommended for lightening hair on arms, thighs, stomach and other body hair. (Note: not recommended for use on the pubic area).
• Jolen Creme Bleach is gentle to skin and leaves it soft and smooth.
• Easy to use at home, Jole Creme Bleach takes just 10 minutes for results that last up to four weeks.
• Jolen Creme Bleach formulas can be found in stores nationwide, including CVS, Harmon, Rite Aid, ULTA, Walgreens and Walmart, as well as online.
Some of my other makeup artist friends also love adding some soft highlights to their hair with Jolen since the formula is so gentle!
If you would like to try out Jolen for yourself, why not enter their giveway! And tweet away your experiences with Jolen by using the hashtag #GoConfidently
Jolen™ 50th Giveaway:
• LIKE Jolen’s new Facebook page at for glam, giveaways and beauty tricks from celebrity makeup artists!
• Now through November 14, 2014, enter the Jolen 50th Giveaway for a chance to win $50 gift cards to Jolen retailers, as well as Jolen Creme Bleach product. More than 50 winners!
• To enter, visit here!
Disclaimer: This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received both Jolen Creme Bleach formulas and a Conair 3X/1X Illuminated LED Mirror for my own personal use. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.