I love it when I am able to find out what a fellow makeup artist used for a video shoot, and this next look is just fantastic. Not only am I currently obsessed with Jordin Sparks new song "Battlefield", but I also love her curvy confidance and booming voice.
Makeup artist Myla as she gives you an exclusive behind the scenes peek at how she created Jordin’s gorgeous look for her new S.O.S video. Exclusively using Mark cosmetics, she gave Jordin a sultry new take on the smokey eye/neutral lip. This is a look I will be trying out on my photo shoots, and on myself for a night out on the town!
- “To get her look, I started by applying mark Get Bright Hook Up Highlighter in Golden to her upper eyelids and on the high points of her cheekbones.
- Then I applied mark Good Riddance Hook Up Concealer in Medium/Deep under her eyes and around her nose blending with my fingers.
- Next, I applied mark Just Pinched Instant Blush Tint in Sunny to the apples of her cheeks and blended outward towards her hairline.
- Once the creams were applied, I set everything by dusting mark Powder Buff Natural Skin Foundation in Natural with a powder brush.”
- “For her eyes, I started by blending mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow in Magic from the lashline upward with the mark Blending Brush to create a nice, warm nude eye.
- I then added mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow in Nomadic with the mark Eyeshadow Brush to the inner corner of her eyes to create brightness and mark I-Mark Custom Pick Eyeshadow in Tough Luxemark Angled Eyeshadow Brush.
- Then I lined the top lashline and lower rim of her eyes using mark Eyemarker in Jet, blending with the mark Eyeliner Brush to avoid harsh lines and finished by applying mark Scandalash Hook Up Mascara in Blacklash.”
- “I completed Jordin’s look by mixing mark Pro Glimmer Hook Up Powder in Play and mark Pro Gloss Hook Up Plumping Lip Shine in Swell and applying to her lips.”