I finally saw Up In The Air this week, and I completely understand what all the fuss is about. It was a a dialogue driven and intelligent movie, that was filled with complexity. My friends and I debate about this (seems people either love it or hate it), but I am sticking with my thumbs up. Golden Globe nominee Vera Farmiga is an amazing character actress, and she looked elegant and ethereal on the red carpet. Her look was ego friendly, and a modern take on the smokey eye.
Makeup artist Tina Turnbow, whose clients include Amanda Peet and Claire Danes, created a look for Vera that was “Old Hollywood meets ethereal naturalist. Think feminine beauty with a healthy flush.”
SKIN: “I love Vera’s porcelain complexion, so I wanted to keep it simple with a sheer foundation and lightweight mineral powder.”
- tarte’s smooth operator tinted moisturizer SPF 20 in façade
- tarte’s provocateur mineral pressed powder SPF 8 in fair
CHEEKS: “Just a pop of pink made for a healthy blush.”
- Tina Turnbow for tarte’s flower child natural cheek stain (new for spring 2010)
- Tina Turnbow for tarte’s flower child eyeshadow palette: pink peony shadow used as a highlighter on top of cheekbones
EYES: “I used warm coppery-bronze tones to enhance Vera’s beautiful blue eyes.”
- Tina Turnbow for tarte’s flower child eyeshadow palette (new for spring 2010). For her crease and lid blend shimmering firewheel, matte buttercup, shimmering ecru hibiscus; using the double-ended brush apply pink peony on browbone. Rim eyes with matte brown natural liner. tarte’s multiplEYE natural lash enhancing mascara (new for spring 2010)
LIPS: “I felt a sweet pink pout really complimented her look.”
FINISH: Tina set the look with Arcona’s Lavender Hydrasol for a natural glow.