I very rarely do my own haircolor, because bad things happen when I do (I am referring to the orange incident of 07’). Especially now since I have gone blond, the thought of at home experimentation scares me to death. I do not want to come out looking like Bozo the clown.
But, desperate times call for desperate measures; recently I had to take matters, and my roots, into my own hands. I have been reading a lot about the new Clairol Perfect 10, and have also heard some rave reviews from my friends. Elle magazine claimed “it forever changed their opinion of at home hair color”. So I decided to give it a try, and thank the beauty gods, it came out beautifully. Phew!
Here are the details:
- Provides high gloss hair color in just 10 minutes
- Advanced color creme with micro-pearls that gently accelerates the color development process, delivering rich, high gloss color
- 100 percent gray coverage in just 10 minutes
- Micropearls target hairs melanin
- It uses a unique lightening system to prepare the hair and speed up the color reaction, energizing color to move inside the hair.
- It works at a pH closer to that of hair itself, making it gentler as it better protects the hair surface.
- It contains a natural protein building block to deactivate damaging free radicals that are formed during coloring.
- Uses a patented AminoGlycine technology
- Fragrance artists created a scent which not only masks the remaining colorant odor but is also based on the same principles as a fine fragrance product and has beautiful top, body and base notes.
- It deposits high-intensity color deep inside the hair fiber, leading to more intense light interactions
- It works at a lower, gentler pH with an antioxidant, reducing the effect of free radicals formed during coloring and better protecting the hair surface.