I reviewed this palette last year, as part of a Smashbox set, and went nuts last night when I found it for $15 on Sephora.com. Normally, this palette is only available in a set, but thankfully they are now selling it for a limited time separately!
Seriously, you MUST own this! The Classified palette is one of the best day-night eyeshadow palettes I have seen in awhile, and you can't beat the price.
The palette includes:
- light bronze
- light mauve
- deep eggplant
These are colors that can be blended together, and layered to create a soft neutral eye, or a deep, sultry plum smokey eye. As always, Smashbox pigments are rich, smooth, and provide crease free coverage.
Makeup Artist Tip:
For a daytime look:
- Brush Vanilla all over the eyelid to create a smooth neutral base
- Line the upper eyelid with a deep brown eyeliner, then trace over the eyeliner with the Brown shadow using an angled eyeliner brush. To create a softer look, wiggle the eyeliner brush into the eyeliner, smudging both colors together. This softens the line of the pencil.
- Blend the Light Bronze shadow in the crease and lightly on the lower lid, creating a soft, graduated blend from the eyeliner to the crease.
- For a more intense daytime look, line the lower eyelash line with the Light Bronze shadow (using your angled eyeliner brush).
For a nighttime look:
- For a quick jump to a smokier nighttime look, simply add the Deep Eggplant to the outer corners of the eye, creating a soft V shape
- Smudge the Deep Eggplant over the dark brown liner, blending the two colors together and creating a deeper, darker plum.
- Smudge the Light Mauve underneath the lower eyelash line with an angled eyeliner brush. Don't be afraid to blend it with the Light Bronze.
- If you have any harsh edges, or feel the shadows are too dark, simply blend the Ivory over with a soft blender brush (medium sized preferred).
- You can also use the Ivory to highlight the inner corner of the eyes and the tops of cheekbones.