New York Fashion Week took the world by storm last week, and I am happy as a clam to finally be recieving all the looks that rocked the runway. For the next few weeeks I will be posting some of the fantastic and glamourous makeup trends that blazed their way through Lincoln Center. Enjoy!
INSPIRATION/ THEME/ UNIQUE TIP:
The makeup look for the Spring 2011 Vera Wang Collection was inspired by the glamorous and candlelit nuances found in the movie In The Mood For Love. The makeup looks were created by Lucia Pieroni, Color Creator of Clé de Peau Beauté. The goal was to create a soft, romantic look that made a breathtaking impact. “The key to this ethereal look is the play on light and reflection and the striking radiance that results from both,” says Lucia. “There is minimal color involved, but the overall metallic effect makes this look both wearable and highly fashionable at the same time.”
- Lucia applied Clé de Peau Beauté Refining Fluid Foundation to prep the skin
- Next, *Concealer was applied to neutralize dark circles, red spots and imperfections
- To finish, Lucia dusted *Translucent Loose Powder to the entire face for a long lasting finish and high performance wear.
- “Sculpted and defined."
- To achieve this bold effect, Lucia swept Clé de Peau Beauté Eyebrow Pencil in a shade darker than the natural brow color across the brow area
- “The structure and contrast of the dark brow is incremental to this look, as it provides balance to the face,” says Lucia. “The brow should extend just a bit past the natural brow line and the lines of the brow should be very straight, not rounded.”
- “High wattage metallic.”
- Lucia used a combination of the pink shadows in the *NEW Eye Color Quad #207 (launching March 2011) on the eye area.
- First, a subtle metallic pink was dusted across the eyelids.
- Next, a more shimmery pink was applied to the brow bone and extended down to the cheek bone for added element of radiance.
- “Metallics and sparkles are a big trend for Spring/Summer 2011, but it’s important to keep it tasteful and alluring,” exclaims Lucia.
- Lucia applied *Extra Rich Lipstick in Calliope (T4), a velvety beige shade, to the entire lip with her fingers.
- “The lip should be a more of a sheer nude, not completely opaque as the natural tone of the lip should peek slightly through,” says Lucia.
- Lucia used Clé de Peau Beauté Cheek Color Duo #5, a sheer neutral bronze, on the cheeks for additional highlight and contour.
- “It’s important to make sure the cheeks are very subtle in color and radiance when combined with a more prominent metallic eye look, says Lucia. “The overall effect is modern elegance with a very romantic twist.”