This week I had the pleaure of being able to have a Q&A with MAC Cosmetics senior artist John Stapleton. He was able to share his tips and tricks for the newest holiday trends, and give us some insight into the new MAC Holiday Collection. You can bet I will be following his fantastic tips this winter!
1) Best tip on how to incorporate the new winter trends into your normal makeup routine: Sparkle, baby, sparkle! As the daylight disappears a little faster during the Winter hours, it’s a great idea to add a little frost or sheen to your daily makeup routine so that you are candlelight ready. Try a light shimmery shade just under the brow bone. Or add a dash of light into the inner corner of the eyes. Lastly, give cheekbones their full potential with some shine. Adding shine to these areas helps the subdued lighting dance across your face beautifully.
2) Your top three M·A·C product picks for Winter:
- MAC Cosmetics Glitter & Ice Collection Technakohl Liner in Silver Skates – you can add a pop of light inside the eye or in those inner corners.
- MAC Cosmetics Complete Comfort Cream- a rich moisturizer that illuminates and protects dry skin.
- MAC Cosmetics Glitter and Ice Dazzleglass in Glitter & Ice – I love a nude gloss, and a nude gloss with sparkles! Even better!
3) What about the new collection excites/inspires you the most? : I love playing with pencils- the textures can add a new dimension to makeup. This color range is wearable but out of the ordinary. Also love Johnny Weir- the perfect face for this launch!
4) For winter, what are the best tricks for glamming up your everyday look?: Go for a dark lip at night. There's no better time to try red lipstick against all the gorgeous winter whites. Up the anty on your skincare- add something glowey like MAC Cosmetics Strobe Liquid to add a soft glow to your skin.
5) As an artist, what is the biggest mistake you see women making with their makeup?: Staying seasonal with their look. Many women wear a lipstick or look they feel safe in. More women need to take a plunge and try something new! Its only makeup- it washes off!