About three weeks ago I was able to interview celebrity makeup artist, and Emmy Award winner Melanie Mills. I also was able to try out her line of body and face creams called GLEAM. Needless to say I flipped over the product, and instantly fell in love with Melanie. Her enthusiasm for makeup was infectious, and based on my experience with GLEAM, she transfers that same enthusiasm and passion into her brand.
Melanie is best known for her work on Dancing with the Stars, where she was the Department Makeup Head for five years, and helped to create the iconic body "glow" that turned the dancers and their celebrity partners into bronze gods and goddesses. She is also the go to expert for creating flawless makeup for face and body and has been quoted in publications such as Allure, Shape, US Weekly, O.K., Redbook, BOLD, and People. After 14 years in the industry, she is a force to be reckoned with!
Her newest creation is "Viva Glitter, Viva Glamour", a stunning celebrity coffee book filled with inspirational looks, celebrity recreations, and inventive takes on some of your favorite characters (see her amazing transformation of Ariana Grand as Dorthey from Oz!). The conception shoots show what an increable artist she truly is.
But, let's get to the main event…..GLEAM. My friends, this product is fantastic. If you are looking for a cream to transform your skin into supple, smooth, glowing perfection than look no further. Last weekend I used Rose Gold and Light Gold on my client for the American Music Awards and was floored by the transformitive result this product provided. I used Rose Gold to highlight the cheekbones and eyelids, and Light Gold to perfect the body. My client thought I was a genius, but I truly give all the credit to this rocking cream!
Amazingly, GLEAM is also perfect for darker skin tones as well (something that alot of companies fail to cater to). Deep Gold turns ashy skin into yummy chocolate perfection.
The product is packed with skin loving ingredients such as:
- Olive Oil
- Jojoba Seed Oil
- Safflower Seed Oil
- antioxidants Japanese Green Tea and White Tea extracts
- Aloe Leaf Extract and Brown Seaweed
- A hydrating marine extract that stimulates synthesis of Hyaluronic acid and increases elasticity.
GLEAM is transfer resistant and also helps to conceal stretch marks, scars and other imperfections and imparts a subtle dewy glow. Who wouldn't want this?! Melanie states that "anyone who tries this will become addicted, and feel fearless from head to toe!". I couldn't agree more. xoxo
The colors break down as follows:
- LIGHT GOLD is an ethereal ray, the lightest formulation of GLEAM with a pale yellow base that counteracts ruddy and reddish skin undertones. Pure creamy velvet finish for the light to medium skin-tones. Camouflages stretch marks, scars and other imperfections and imparts a subtle dewy glow.
- ROSE GOLD Melanie Mills’ signature color and her personal favorite. This shade is the original color and was created first by Melanie for the “Golden Glow” that all Dancing with the Stars celebrities and pro dancers are finished with for the camera. Melanie wanted this creamy potion to emulate real Rose Gold and be liquid metal for the skin.
- BRONZE GOLD This shade is pure bronze, like a statue and has a wonderful yellow-orange undertone that also acts like liquid metal. BRONZE GOLD is the third deepest shade, perfect for medium to deep skin tones.
- DEEP GOLD Pure luminous, chocolate soufflé, with red velvet undertones that never look ashy on the skin. Beautiful and rich, this deep liquid metal shade is a game changer and delivers the “Glow” for the most melanin-rich skins who want to hide pigment patches, scars, stretch marks, dark knees and elbows. GLEAM Body Radiance is to be used on dry, clean skin with no other skincare lotions or products for maximum transfer-resistant efficacy.
*For the holidays you can try out a special GLEAM package and combine any two GLEAM colors and recieve her infamous Lip Radiance in Naked!