Once again Taylor Swift was the big winner last night at the American Music Awards. I can't help it…I ADORE her! I have been singing "Mean" for the past month, and absolutely love her modesty, and kindness. I am a fan, what can I say!
Last night, she looked elegant as always, and complimented her glittery dress with subdued makeup. Here is how to get the look (you can bet I will be recreating this on myself immediately!). As a COVER GIRL spokeswoman she rocked out her look with their products, which means you can achieve her glamor girl radiance for a budget friendly price! Enjoy!
Taylor Swift’s look at the American Music Awards by makeup artist, Lorrie Turk
"The American Music Awards Show itself was the inspiration for Taylor's look. I wanted to reflect the youthful, fun vibe of this event."
- With a foundation brush, I smoothed CoverGirl's Natureluxe Silk Foundation onto her skin followed by a dab of concealer on the inner corners of her eyes.
- I applied the concealer with the tip of my ring finger in a patting motion.
- CG TruBlend Minerals Blush in Shimmering Sands was used along the cheekbones to add highlight and color.
- With a dampened eyeshadow brush, I brushed on COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Tapestry Taupe from her lash line to just above her crease and blended that in an up and outward motion.
- On the innermost corners of her eyes, I applied COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadow in Snow blossom with a small damp brush to brighten and highlight her eyes.
- I lined just the tops on her lash line with a very thin line using COVERGIRL LineExact Liquid Liner in Very Black.
- I finished her eyes by applying a couple of coats of COVERGIRL NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara in Very Black to her upper and lower lashes.
- I applied COVERGIRL ShineBlast Lipgloss in Dazzle directly from the applicator wand and then put it in her purse for any possible touchups later in the evening.