Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter... more
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Around the Web!
- Trend Alert: Hair Trends to Follow for 2014
- The Makeup Sessions Membership
- Cargo Eyelighter
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- How to get max coverage without looking cakey
- Beauty Essentials – Concealer
- Top 5 Tips to Follow for Major Hair Growth
- The Makeup Bloggers top picks
- City Cosmetics’s Radiance Perfecting Cream and Giveaway!
- Try On Studio
- Ulta Holiday Wish List
- Pick the best Ombre Hair Color For You!
- How to Have Beautiful Eyes & Sexy Lips
- 5 Fabulous Fall Hairstyles
Product of the Month
- Artist Interviews
- Beauty for a Cause
- Beauty Tips and Tricks
- Best Of
- Celebrity Looks
- Cheap and Fabulous
- Contributor Articles
- Friday Top 5
- Get The Look
- Holiday Gift Sets
- Makeup Artist Tips
- Makeup Products
- Makeup Wars!
- Member Articles
- Member Discounts
- Member Giveaways
- Member Surveys
- Member Videos
- New Products
- New York Fashion Week
- Reader Spotlight
- The Beauty Blog Network Weekend Read
- The Beauty Club
- Top Ten Tuesday
- Weekly Beauty Tips
Easy Hairstyles of the Stars
New Years Eve is fast approaching and I am trying to plan my party looks for the big night. Since the last thing I want to worry about after all this holiday maddness is messing with my hair, I have left the ideas to an expert. Below are three great (and here is the best part…EASY!) looks to start your New Years off in style. I have included products that will help with the process. Enjoy!
Celebrity hairstylist and Redken artist Nelson Vercher has worked with celebs that including; Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, Olivia Palermo and Kelly Rowland.
Here are 3 winter weather friendly hairstyles, Nelson thinks every woman should try!
"I think it is always best to do something off the face or and a lot of times up and off the collar because people were lots of high collars, scarves and very layered clothes this time of year, particularly New Years Eve!"
1) Off the face ponytail or High buns: Don't let your hair come in the way of your new year's kiss. Many celebs have been spotted with a pony tail, to go for the natural/soft look. With a smoky eye shadow and great accessories this hair do will be great for the Holidays.
*Tip: Use a light gel to hold the ponytail, and give it a sleek, elegant look. I use Aquage Illuminating Gellade for both personal and professional use.
2) A loose french fish tail or classic plait middle braid: This is an easy, sexy and fun look. Don't let the wind stop you from getting creative. You can add some hair accessories to it!
*Tip: Hairspray is key with these looks. You want to provide hold, but without the stiff crunch! My go to is L'Oreal Elnett. This spray is a cult favorite because it provides brushable hold, so you can still achieve a soft, loose look.
3) Half up, Half down: This is great for the holidays because the front of the hair is back off the face and the back is left down can, curls can be added for a glamorous look.
*Tip: Make sure the bottom half of the hair is smooth, and voluminous. Use a smoothing spray that will provide shine without weighing the hair down. I love Redken Shine Flash Glistening Mist.