During the holidays, alot of brands and companies try to encourage the dramatic, dark and smokey looks. Not that I don't appreciate and love a good ole' black and grey eyeshadow combo, but I do believe that it can be an unrealistic look for most of us. I know that it makes me look like something out of a bad vampire movie. Not Bella, but more Elvira.
This is exactly why I love the new holiday looks from Hourglass cosmetics. Hourglass Artistic Director Gina Brooke devised a pair of distinct—yet equally captivating —looks for the festive season. Both are soft, romantic, and very attainable.
- The first blends glittering green eyes, shimmering cheeks and pearlescent lips for an ethereal quality.
- The second amps up the drama by combining inky black eyes and stunning purple lips.
“The holidays are the perfect time to explore a more refined and layered look,” says Brooke, who has worked with celebrities like Madonna and Anne Hathaway. “Think rich jewel tones, luminous skin and decadent glamour"
"I always prime first with Veil Mineral Primer and follow with Illusion Tinted Moisturizer for a glowing complexion. They're the fundamental steps for looking elegant."
“A vibrant olive shadow really pops—especially if you foil the color,” says Brooke
- Brooke suggests using Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Dune.
- Using a shadow brush, apply the champagne shade first.
- Use your finger to blend for a graduation of color. Then apply the green shimmer shade.
- To heighten the impact of the shade, wet your brush before application but make sure to let the shadow dry before moving on to another shade.
- Pair your statement eyes with Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light applied to the cheeks.
- Focus on the highlighter shade in the duo.
- Finish up with Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Fortune (metallic pink shimmer).
"Turn heads with this directional look expressly designed for evening glamour"
- First, apply the cream shimmer shade of Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Suede over the entire eyelid.
- Then, line the eyes with Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony and apply Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara to lashes.
- Follow with Film Noir Lash Lacquer on the top and bottom to add shine, volume and drama.
- The final stroke? “I like to use Lash Lacquer as an eyeliner to create an extremely glossy line above the eyes,” says Brooke. “Just retrace your existing line with Lash Lacquer’s brush applicator.”
- Balance the glossy eye statement with matte plum lips by applying Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Scarlet.