During the holidays when we are all so rushed and frazzled, the last thing that we want to do is worry about taking the time to achieve a perfect makeup look. We all want the polished, glamourous look of the holidays…but who has the time! Happily, one of my favorite makeup companies Three Custom Color, has come out with the perfect Holiday kit for both daytime and nigh time perfection. Emmy Award winning makeup artist Jim DeMarco created this palette, and gives step by step instructions below. Presto! Holiday Perfection in one simple kit. Santa has some competition now for the perfect gift.
Get The Look: Daytime Drama
- STEP 1 – Create a flawless complexion with Three Custom Color Specialists Crème Concealer/Foundation using your fingers (my favorite tool!), a sponge or foundation brush.
- STEP 2 – Apply Siren (a bronze crème) directly under the cheekbones and blend back to the ear to contour and define the cheek. Then, apply Siren on the eyelid as a base for other shadows or wear it alone as a quick pick-me-up to brighten the eyes!
- STEP 3 – For a natural flush, blend Red Carpet Lip & Cheek Stain onto the apple of the cheeks. Make sure to blend back to where you contoured under the cheek! Then apply Red Carpet onto the lips for a longwearing reddish-mauve tint.
- STEP 4 – Apply Back Lit Crème high on the cheekbones to highlight (pro makeup artist trick!) Also, apply it on the brow bone, inner corner of the eye, and slightly under the eye to brighten.
- STEP 5 – Line the eyes with Close Up Crème Eye Definer, working along the lash line from the outer corner to the inner eye. Next, try winging out the line for some Old Hollywood Glamour. Or, for a modern, smokey effect, smudge the top and lower lash lines with Three Custom Color Specialists Contour Eye Shadow Brush.
- STEP 6 – Complete your look with a swipe of Camera Ready Lip Gloss. Wear over Red Carpet Lip & Cheek Stain for added drama or alone for a perfect pout.
Jim DeMarco, Makeup Stylist
Emmy-Award Winning Makeup Stylist, Jim DeMarco has been transforming faces on TV, runway and print for the past ten years. From every major runway show from Marc Jacobs to DIOR, Jim’s worked with the world’s best supermodels including Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, and Jessica Stam. For the past four years, he has served on the makeup team on ABC’s Daytime Drama, ONE LIFE TO LIVE (2009 Emmy Winner). Jim’s work has also been seen on the red carpet at the Golden Globes and Daytime Emmys.