Song of the Year went to Adele; but the award for the nights best makeup should go to Chrissy Teigen. The Sports Illustrated model and soon to be Mrs. John Legend, shined at the Grammy’s with her radiant glowing skin and effortless smokey eyes. Her makeup artist Amy Hollier described how to get her look!
“Chrissy’s look is ethereal and subtly sexy,” says Amy. “It’s a look you can easily recreate and wear all year round.” And here’s how!
- First prime the entire eye area with Laura Mercier Eye Basics in “Wheat." Then softly blend Chanel Illusion D’ombre eyeshadow in “Illusoire” over the lids with your finger.
- To create Chrissy’s shimmery grey smokey eye, use the two darkest shades from Chanel’s Quadra Eyeshadow Palette “Enigma” on the lids. Use the lightest color in the palette to highlight the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes.
- Follow up with Diorshow Waterproof black mascara.
- Finish the eyes by painting a thin line along the lashline with Make Up For Ever’s Aqua Eyes liner in black. Under the lower lashes smudge in Chanel’s Long-Lasting Eyeliner in “Marine”.
- Prime the skin with Mac Strobe Liquid Lotion followed by Dior’s Forever Foundation for flawless coverage.
- To brighten the eyes, use Lancome Effacernes Undereye Concealer. Finish the skin with a light dusting of Laura Mercier’s translucent setting powder.
- To add some color, swirl Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in “Amused” and “Flush” to the apples of the cheeks. Highlight all the high points on the face with Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer.
- Lastly to give those gams a golden glow, apply Lorac TANtalizer Body Bronzing Luminizer.
- Simply add a touch of Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Negligee Pink 256.