I have to admit that this is one of my favorite posts I have participated in. I have adored Betty White since I was a wee little teen watching The Golden Girls. Not only is she one of the most ridiculously talented comedians in our industry, but her professionalism, kindness, and generosity is inspiring. Here is the breakdown for the lovely Betty White by makeup artist Colleen Campell-Owell. Not only did Colleen do a beautiful job with Betty's makeup, but I absolutely love the way Ms. White radiates. She truly epitomized inner beauty!!
"To get the beautiful Betty White ready for an event we like to keep makeup luminous and fresh!"
- To prepare her skin for foundation I massage on Kate Somerville oil free Quench, it is so moisturizing
- Then I use a primer like Smashbox Photo Finish , it keeps makeup in place all day and diffuses fine lines.
- I the apply Cle de Peau Refining Fluid Foundation
- For concealer I use Tarte Maracujo Creaseless Concealer it really hinds imperfections well, does not crease and is not chalky.
- A great cream shadow that lasts for hours is Makeup Forever Aqua Cream eyeshadows, I sometimes use Taupe for the base and Satin Brown along the base of the top lash line.
- To create more definition I line the top lash line with Cle De Peau Intensifying Cream Liner in Black and wing it at the ends
- Then add my fave mascara, Makeup Forever Smokey Lash in Black.
CHEEKS AND LIPS:
- Betty has fabulous cheekbones so I swirl on Benefit Dandelion blush on the apples of her cheeks to give the perfect rosy cheek.
- Then for illumination on the top of her cheekbones I tap on Benefit High Beam.
- To finish off Betty's look we use her lip color in a rosy pink which gives a perfect pop of color.