Michael Maron’s name is synonymous with the word “makeover.” His reputation as one of the world’s top beauty authorities, makeup artists, cosmetic developers and best-selling beauty authors is in a league of its own. I am thrilled that he is now sharing some of his newest looks with The Makeup Blogger. His kindness, and belief “that every woman possesses unique beauty… and that looking beautiful comes in all shapes, sizes, colors and ages” epitomizes everything I believe in.
I hope you learn as much from his artistry and wisdom as I have. xoxo
“My vision for this look was to create a makeup design that morphs a bird-like quality with the classic beauty of Charlize Theron and the iconic innocense of Grace Kelly; an avant-garde twist without an overly exaggerated fantasy look. It’s femininity meets exotic, and it’s all about the eyes.”
“First, and foremost, the brows functioned as a focal point and a starting point; they are, indeed, the frame for the eyes. I exaggerated the brows’ shape to intentionally create unconventional brows.”
- I did this by obliterating the outer ends of the model’s pale brows, opting to create more horizontal brows that slightly wing upward at the outer ends.
- The new brows were created by using a brow pencil followed by powder shadow.
- I used a black kohl pencil for inner eyeliner.
- Black liquid liner frames her eyes. I extended the outer upper liner to create an exaggerated winged effect by mimicking the shape of the brows.
- I also extended the upper liner about a quarter inch below the inner corner of her eyes.
- I applied a soft turquoise eye shadow below the bottom liner and a vivid orange eyeshadow above the upper liner, blending it onto her lids.
- Black mascara was used on both upper and lower lashes.
CHEEKS AND LIPS:
- I applied a taupe-y powder blush to bring more emphasis to the colors of her eyes.
- Before lipstick was applied, I highlighted the cupid’s bow of the her lip.
- Because her lips are full and well-shaped, lipliner was not necessary. I used a nude-colored lipstick followed by gold lip gloss on the center of her lower lip.
*Try out the colors below inspired by Michael Maron‘s look:
NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Gold
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Shimmering Blush in Buff
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics concealer
Giorgio armani luminous foundation
Make Up For Ever Star Powder in Turquoise
Benefit Cosmetics BADGAL waterproof pencil eyeliner
MAC Cosmetics liquid eyeliner
Smashbox Gold O-lip gloss
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics nude lipstick