More and more I have been asked about the newest Eco friendly products coming out onto the market. These are very personal questions, as women all over are wanting to know how to be responsible toward the environment , and to their health. This consciousness has lead companies to take note, and respond to their needs.
The latest collection that I have been able to test is from Neutrogena. The Neutrogena Naturals Collection is something I have been wanting to try, and was thrilled when I got to test out the products as an Eco Friendly Initiative from Bliss.com. I joyfully dug into my new products, proud of the fact that I was "learning to be eco friendly" from a company I have trusted forever (let us not forget that I have been using Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash since high school!).
The four main products I focused on were the following:
- Multi Vitamin Moisturizer
- Multi Vitamin Night Cream
- Purifying Facial Cleanser
- Purifying Pore Scrub
Neutrogena Purifying Facial Cleanser: Lets just say this has been my favorite new cleanser to take a shelf spot in my shower. It makes my skin feel sweaky clean, and provides a rich lather that feels invigorating after a long day. This is a natural alternative to my beloved Oil free Acne Wash. The main ingredient is Willowbark, which has the following benefits (who knew?)
- Willowbark is rich in bionutrients such as Vitamins C, B, and E. It is also a natural source of salicylic acid, known to detoxify pores.
- Used for centuries by Greek, Chinese and Egyptian civilizations to treat a range of ailments, willowbark contains a beta hydroxy acid cultivated today for its detoxifying properties.
Neutrogena Purifying Pore Scrub: Once again, thrilled. Another new shower staple, this scrub is uber gentle on the skin and never feels grainy or harsh on my skin. It has become a relaxing ritual to use this scrub in the shower. Unlike other harsh exfoliants, I have yet to have an adverse reaction to the granules in this scrub. Once again, Willobark is the main ingredient, making it a safe alternative for acne prone skin.
Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer: I love this light, hydrating and gentle moisturizer. Its brilliance is in it's simplicity. It sinks into the skin instantaneously, and it a clean moisturizer to use under your makeup during the day. I also loved the fact that it felt hydrating, yet never heavy or tacky on top of the skin. Rich in vitamins the moisturizer contains the following.
- Inca inchi oil is the richest oil in essential Omega fatty acids, bionutrients and also contains Vitamins C and E. Inca Inchi oil works with the skin to restore the skin’s natural moisture barrier function and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rich in Vitamin C, B and complex sugars, Tara seed works within the skin to boost moisture levels and help prevent dehydration while strengthening skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Yerba Mate Leaf Extract is a powerful, sustainable anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that contains bionutrients such as polyphenols and Vitamins B, C and E to quench radicals produced by pollution and sun.
Neutrogena Multi Vitamin Night Cream: With the same nutriant rich Inca inchi oil and Yerba Mate Leaf Extract , this night cream is rich and silky. Although I am usually used to a much thicker nighttime cream, I was thouroughly impressed with how moisturizing this cream was. For those suffering with acne prone skin, this is a terrific night cream that will hydrate the skin without clogging the pores.
Not only were the products impressive, but the brands initiative to provide these Eco Friendly products is phenominal.
Here are the details:
Naturals Line Details
- Average of line is 95% naturally derived
- Free of harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, and phthalates.
- Products not tested on animals
- Higher standard of sustainability
- Up to 50% post consumer recycled content in bottles
- Folding cartons are made from 100% recycled paper with 60% post-consumer recycled content and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified
- Recycled paperboard cartons use 75% less water in processing than virgin paperboard does
- Eco-friendly suppliers and manufacturing processes minimize environmental footprint
NEUTROGENA® Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Moisturizer is a daily lotion that replenishes essential skin nutrients while providing continuous moisture throughout the day for healthier, younger-looking skin. It contains no harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes or phthalates.
NEUTROGENA® Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Night Cream replenishes essential skin nutrients and is fortified with vitamins B, C, E and anti-oxidant omega bionutrients. This nourishing cream is clinically proven to boost skin’s defense against dullness and roughness, leaving it naturally radiant, healthier and younger looking today and in the future. It contains no harsh chemical sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes or phthalates.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Neutrogena via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Neutrogena.