One of my favorite redheads rocked the red carpet last night. For the Emmys, makeup artist Vanessa Scali gave the Mad Men star a gorgeous look to complement the old Hollywood feel of her Christian Siriano gown and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. “I was inspired by the soft, feminine look of the dress and its cool, shimmery neutral color against her skin. I kept her face soft and romantic, but added contrast and strength with a bold lip color.” Hendricks, nominated in the Supporting Drama Actress category this year, looked stunning.
- Vanessa began by using Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum. She loves this primer serum as it delivers penetrating moisture and leaves the skin feeling beautiful and clean.
- She then applied Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer in Shell – the formula is effortless to apply and made her skin look natural and flawless.
- Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer was applied wherever necessary.
- Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain in Flush was applied to the apples of the cheeks blending outward to the cheekbones.
- For definition and intensity, she lined her eyes with Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Liner in Ebony at the base of the lashes and on the inside top rim of the eye.
- Using the lighter shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy, she swept the color from the lash line to the eye brow.
- Then, she used a touch of the deeper shade blending it well, from the lash line to just above the crease and swept past the natural outer corner to exaggerate and elongate the eye.
- This color continues very subtly under the bottom lashes.
- She finished the eyes with lush, flirty lashes – Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara was used all over the lashes and Hourglass Film Noir Lash Lacquer concentrated on the center of the lashes.
- She gave Christina a bold, strong lip with Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon.