Want the inside scoop on Zooey Deschanel’s look last night at the Emmy’s? See below for how her stylist, Mara Roszak, achieved her frizz-free look in that LA heat!
Get Zooey Deschanel’s Glamorous Old Hollywood Updo
Stylist Mara Roszak used Zooey’s dress as inspiration for the elegant, Old Hollywood updo she created. “We both decided her hair should be up and off the neck,” Roszack said, “keeping the hair soft, feminine and elegant.
- Mara started by applying the Pantene Normal to Thick Flowing Body Mousse to Zooey’s damp hair.
- She then blew out Zooey’s hair with a boar bristle brush and set it in rollers for extra volume.
- To begin the styling process, Mara sprayed Pantene Fine Hair Style Touchable Volume Hairspray all over to help set the hair.
- Mara removed the rollers, and then gently brushed the hair out. For visual interest, Mara used a fine tooth comb to create a 60′s inspired bump at the crown of Zooey’s head.
- The style went full-on glam when Mara pulled the hair back into a mid-height ponytail and pinned the ends under, creating a tucked chignon.
- To finish off the look Mara sprayed Pantene Normal to Thick Anti Humidity Hairspray all over for extra hold throughout the night.