Breast Cancer Awareness month is a very personal cause that is close to my heart, and effecting someone who is incredibly close to me. This month is a daily reminder to me of her struggles.
So, you would think that I would be posting every day about the various BCA products flooding the stores right now, but I won’t be doing that. I have found that too many brands have jumped on the BCA awareness band wagon, making products that claim to be in support of the month, but truly give barley anything to the cause. I am appalled when I see brands that boast “5%” donation to the cause, although I understand that every penny counts, I refuse to promote a $25-50 dollar product that reaps the benefits of people buying said products in good faith, only to realize that barely any of their purchase went to the cause.
For that reason, my focus is only on the companies and products that are donating 50% or more of net profits from the BCA product they are promoting. I have rounded up my top favorite products that truly give back. Thank you again to everyone who raises awareness, and fights against this horrific disease.
- Philosophy Shower for the Cure Shower Gel donates 100% of net proceeds towards Women’s Cancer Research Fund.
- ESTÉE LAUDER DREAM COMPACT, $75 100% percent of the sales of this compact go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. (And no, that’s not a typo: all $75 goes to BCA!)
- Jare Iredale Cherish Lip Fixation will have 100% of profits from the sale go towards Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
- eos Delicious Berry Blossom Hand Lotion & Smooth Sphere will donate 100% of profits from the sale to further the advancement of research.
- Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser is donating 100% of the proceeds to Breast Cancer Action’s Think Before You Pink campaign.
- Top off a mani or pedi with a fun shade of polish like e.l.f.’s nail polish in Bubble Gum Pink. They’re donating a whopping 100% of proceeds to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Skinn Cosmetics Twin Set- Collagen Boost Lipstick and Wet Gloss in Pink Tulip: Throughout October, Skinn will donate 100% of sales (not just profits) of the set to support the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation!