If you haven’t heard by now, I am a huge musical theater buff. Huge. So, it is needless to say that I am a fan of the TV show Smash. For an hour every week, I get to live vicariously through the TV. Luckily, the first hour of the drama’s two-hour season premiere can be seen early online through several outlets, including NBC.com, Hulu, iTunes, Amazong, Xbox, and On Demand. Thank you, TV Gods!
If you haven’t seen it already, “Smash” is set in the world of New York Theater, starring Megan Hilty, Katherine McPhee, Debra Messing, Christian Borle, and Angelica Huston. Guest stars this season include Jennifer Hudson who makes her first appearance in the preview. The season premiere airs on February 5th on NBC.
I must admit I was thrilled when I received the beauty breakdown for the star Megan Hilty. She is such a phenomenal singer. Another reason I loved this breakdown is that is uses some of the exact products used on Alicia Keys from yesterday’s post! It just proves that the right products can be universal. Enjoy!
GET THE LOOK
“For Megan’s look, we wanted to keep her face soft and simple and make her eyes the focus since she is wearing a gorgeous bold red dress.
- I started off with freshly cleansed skin, then used the Votre Vu Attentive Serum Delicat Pour Le Visage to give her skin some extra hydration
- I then followed with the Votre Vu Attentive Crème Du Jour.
- To create her fresh, simple look I applied the Votre Vu Love Me Deux Moisture Tint and Concealer in Champagne.
- For her cheeks, I applied the Votre Vu Vu-On Rouge in Ma Cherry and then lightly dusted the peachy/pink blush from Votre Vu’s Beauté en Bronze on top to give her a soft glow.
- I the applied the bronzer from Beauté en Bronze around her face to warm up her skin a little and give a bit of definition.
- Lastly, I used the Votre Vu Belle Poudre in Medium to set her entire look and keep her shine free for the rest of the evening.
- For her eyes, we really wanted them to pop and be the focus so I began by lining the top of her eyes with Votre Vu’s Le Joli Crayon in Aubergine and smoked it out a bit.
- Then I went back with the Le Joli Crayon in Charbon and defined the ends a bit more for depth.
- For eye shadow, since we were going for a smokey but soft look, I used a trio of smokey brown shadows from Dior to add dimension.
- Then I applied Votre Vu’s Eiffel Power mascara to lengthen and thicken her lashes. The Eiffel Power has great staying power and is just an amazing mascara in general!
- For Megan’s brows, we wanted to go with a more defined arch, so I applied Votre Vu’s Arch de Triumphe in Fair which made her brows just a bit bolder without going too over the top.
- Last but not least, for Megan’s lips we wanted something that tied into the color of her cheeks, so I applied the Votre Vu Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose as a base and then layered it with a soft gloss to enhance her full lips.
The Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose is such a beautiful color and worked beautifully on her lips!