Top Five Supplements to Clear Up Acne
Acne is a common skin problem that affects millions of teenagers and adults. It is no fun, but there are supplements you can take to help your body regulate oil production and other processes. Five of the top supplements that will help to cure acne and give you clear skin include MSM, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin C.
- MSM (AKA methylsuphonylmethane) is a type of sulfur that occurs naturally in the foods we eat and in our bodies.
- However, our bodies usually cannot generate enough MSM to help cure acne. Therefore an MSM supplement is usually needed.
- MSM can be used as a topical cream or taken as an oral supplement.
- MSM is a very safe supplement and has very few side effects.
- You can get some zinc from the foods you eat, but to get enough zinc to fight acne, you must take supplementary zinc.
- Zinc can help to normalize hormone levels and can help to clear skin by reducing production of oil.
- Zinc also helps to heal inflamed skin.
- Remember to watch your copper levels when you take zinc supplements.
- Vitamin A can help to maintain clean skin and cure acne.
- Vitamin A capsules are taken orally.
- There are minimal side effects from taking Vitamin A.
- Vitamin E supplements will help to strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Vitamin E supplements can help to treat acne from the inside out.
- Vitamin E oil can also be applied externally to help cure acne and fade acne scars.
- Vitamin C helps prevent infection and helps to support immunity.
- Vitamin C also has antibacterial properties that can help to prevent acne breakouts.
- Vitamin C can help your skin produce collagen.
- This production of collagen helps to promote firm, healthy clear skin.
- It provides antioxidant protection that provides extra strength to your skin.
- This helps your skin to become more resistant to acne breakouts.
These supplements can provide significant relief and improvement to acne breakouts. Instead of being applied after a breakout like conventional medications, these supplements actually work from the inside out to help prevent future acne outbreaks. The only drawback to natural supplements is that they make take a little longer to work than conventional medications. It is important to take the supplements consistently and allow at least two to three months before you expect to see results.
You should always consult your doctor before taking any supplements, and remember not to overdo it. Taking extra vitamins, minerals and herbs won’t help your acne, and it can actually hurt your body. So be safe!
Guest post by Becky Brayton, President of Relogy acne skin care (http://www.relogynow.com). Relogy’s botanically-based products are 95-100% derived from natural ingredients; benzoyl peroxide free, 100% vegan (no animal by-products) and cruelty free (no animal testing). Relogy’s products feature quick and easy to application, catering to an active lifestyle. Find out more at www.relogynow.com