One of my favorite looks from last night was from the incomparable Janelle Monae. Not only is she beautiful, but she embodies grace, uniqueness, and individuality. My favorite quote from her is: “Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable” - Janelle Monáe
*It also must be noted that I was able to try out some of the new CoverGirl products, and they are incredible. I have a list of products that I will be grabbing up, and playing around with. Videos to come!
Janelle Monae GRAMMY Awards Makeup by Saisha Beecham :“I was inspired by a fresh faced look that I found in a magazine – clean with a touch of glamour Janelle has embellishments on her jacket so we wanted to keep her makeup look clean and simple.”
- With such a hectic schedule, I immediately started with COVERGIRL Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation in Warm Carmel. I love that this foundation has concealer, foundation and powder all in one – it saves so much time!
- To warm up her skin, I used Classic Color Blush in Iced Plum to make her cheeks pop and then I added a touch of TRUblend Minerals Bronzer in Golden Sunrise
- On her eyes I glided Eye Enhancers 3-Kit Shadows in Golden Sunset, only underneath the crease.
- To give her a wow factor, I lined her eye with Line exact Liquid Liner in Very Black very close to the lashes.
- For the lips, I applied LipPerfection LipLiner in Passion all over the lip, and topped with LipPerfection Lipcolor in Hot (305).
Janelle Monae GRAMMY Awards Nails by Tracey Sutter
- I started with a light file to her nails. Shaping them square making sure the corners were not sharp, tending to the cuticle area next.
- I first applied two coats of COVERGIRL Outlast Nail Gloss in Forever Festive. I then added a layer of Outlast Nail Gloss in Clear for extra shine on her hands and toes. Janelle was sporting her signature tuxedo, with a pop of gold on the collar, so we wanted to accent that with a funky statement nail.
- For the statement nail we used Outlast Nail Gloss in Black Diamond with gold metals on the top, and then used Outlast Nail Gloss in Snow Storm to create the small circle designs.