(photo credit: beautifulandlovely.com)
Now that the clocks have blasted forward one hour, it means that Spring is right around the corner. For makeup artists, and beauty lovers everywhere, that means that it is time to brighten up the makeup routine and add some color to your normal makeup look.
One of my favorite ways to incorporate color is to create a bright eyed makeup look, with gorgeous pastels, guilded bronzes, or bright blues. These pops of color always make me feel refreshed and ready for Spring. But, before you run out and swipe that bright burst of color on your eyelids, here are some tips to keep your colorful look ready for any occasion:
- Always start with a neutral eyeshadow base. You want the color to be a gorgeous pop....not to take over your entire eyelid. Think enhancement...not overload
- Use a cream color eyeshadow all over the eye
- Add a neutral taupe, camel, or soft brown in the crease
- Use a subtle deep brown to line the eye.
- Try Sonia Kashuk or Pixi palettes as your base. Both make stunning neutral palettes that are anything but boring, and have all the colors you need in one kit!
- Now have fun with your color! I love to add a purple to inner corner for an unexpected burst of bright color. Miliani is one of my go-to eyeshadow brands for brighter colors.
- If you want to add multiple colors, I suggest using a cream. They blend together seamlessly. I personally love the way CoverGirl ShadowBlast wands work together. My personal blend is the baby blue and pink. I blend these near the upper lash line for a soft, yet sexy glow.
- Not yet ready for color? Then try a sultry, sparkly bronze or bright gold. These colors still add an unexpected pop, but are more subtle than a burst of color.
- For these colors, I personally love creams, or deeply pigmented shadows. These tend to give the look of liquid gold.
- With bronze, I love to pat the color in the middle of the lid. Letting it enhance your neutral browns, and draw attention to the eye. Currently, I mix Maybelline Color Tattoo, or Milani Diamond Dazzle.
So tell me, what is your favorite color for spring? How do you make your eyes pop!
It’s Time for Springtime.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Target via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Target.