I have always loved the simplicity of a low bun. When I am strapped for time, or just not feeling up to waging a war with my hair, I opt for the quick and simple remedy of pulling my hair back. So, you can imagine my thrill when I heard that the bun is making a red carpet come back. Here is the styling how-to for Rachel Weisz’s hair look at the Oz The Great and Powerful world premiere in LA. She was elegantly styled by Ben Skervin using Vidal Sassoon Pro Series (@VidalSassoon) hair products. Get the look below (and you can bet I will be copying this!).The Look: Sleek Low Bun
Rachel and Ben chose to do a super-sleek and shiny take on a low bun. This stunning look paired with her fitted Victoria Beckham dress created a modern, sexy look that really popped as Rachel walked down Oz’s yellow brick road.
Here’s how Ben created Rachel’s look:
1. Mist hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray before blowing hair out with a large round brush to ensure the hair is smooth.
2. Once dry, flat iron the roots and mid lengths of the hair for a glossy finish. Then using a rat tail comb, create a deep side part.
3. Use Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Extreme Smooth Combing Crème over the surface of the hair and tightly brush the hair back into a low ponytail. Use a hair band to secure the ponytail in place at the nape of the neck.
4. Comb a small amount of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Mega Firm Hold Gel through the ponytail to keep the hair together.
5. To create the looped circular bun, start at the bottom of the ponytail and roll the hair underneath it until it reaches the base of the ponytail. Secure the roll with bobby pins.
6. Lastly, smooth gel over the top of the hair for a super shiny look and lock the entire look in place with hairspray to smooth any flyaways.