Christina Hendricks…Driving Men Mad! by Sian Bitner Kearney:
While the world of Hollywood is full of beautiful women, there are few that personify class, confidence, and well… sex the way that Christina Hendricks does. This fiery redhead lights up the screen on AMC’s Mad Men as the hard headed and hard to ignore Joan Holloway (Harris). While Hendricks’ voluptuous curves keep men all around the world glued to the television, it’s Christina’s glowing complexion and vintage glamour that keeps us ladies wanting more. Want to drive your own man mad? Here’s how to create a look that’s totally Joan approved!
- As always, begin with clean, moisturized skin.
- Next, skip the heavy, complexion clouding foundation and opt for a BB Crème.
- If you’re like Christina and are among the “fairest of all”, go for a BB Crème with sun protection built in like Christian Dior’s DIORSNOW UV Protection BB Crème.
- Next, apply a light dusting of blush to the apples of the cheeks in a coral shade. Coral is less harsh on fair skin tones than a red blush but still gives skin that old Hollywood glow. We love Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in the shade Candy Coral.
- Now on to the eyes. Because the lips are Christina’s boldest and brightest feature, the eyes need to be a bit simpler.
- For this look, skip eye shadow and smoky liner. Simply apply a liquid liner like Smashbox’s Limitless Liquid Liner pen to the upper lash line only.
- Stay as close to the lash line as possible and wing the liner out ever so slightly at the corners.
- Next, apply several coats of volumizing mascara like Lancome’s Hypnose Drama mascara, to the upper lashes only.
- Now on to the drama! This look is all about those big, bold, and beautiful red carpet lips.
- If you have a tendency toward dryness, begin by exfoliating the lips and applying a balm.
- Next, pick a bright shade of red, we love Clarins’ Joli Rouge Lipstick, apply to lips with a lip brush or directly from the tube, and you’re red carpet ready. Simple, sophisticated, and oh so sexy!