I don't know about you, but I have always envied the 90's tossled, sexy hair. Although, I think I could most definitely rock the big hair, giving myself a really good blow out with the hairdryer sometimes seems near to impossible.Celebrity hairstylist George Gonzalez, owner of George The Salon Chicago recently styled iconic beauty Cindy Crawford during her latest visit to the Windy City. And who better than Cindy Crawford to be an example of what a really great blow out looks like! "When it comes to hair, Chicago is known for keeping styles soft and natural. It's the 'girl next door' feel but sexier. A natural beauty like Cindy Crawford is a perfect example of this," says Gonzalez.
Below, George shares his tips for how he created his signature blowout on Cindy.
1. With your blow dryer set to a medium heat setting, take the excess moisture out of wet hair drying tresses until they are damp. Make sure to softly use your fingers during this process and point the dryer's nozzle down to seal each cuticle.
Tip: "The best way to avoid frizz is to blow dry your hair from the top down," reveals Gonzalez. "Direct the dryer towards the tips and always dry the roots about 70% first. Then, you can make sure to control the ends with your brush or even try using your hands to press the dried hair smooth."
2. Next, divide hair and clip into sections: top, sides and back leaving the nape area free to style first.
Tip: Create a product cocktail combining a leave in conditioner and a volumizing mousse.
Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter... more
Around the Web!
- How to Highlight and Contour Like a Pro
- Best Palettes of Spring 2014
- Trend Alert: Hair Trends to Follow for 2014
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Top 5 Beauty Trends that Men Hate
- Best Beauty Looks for Date Night
- Glamcor Professional
- Top 5 Haircare Mistakes
- Smashbox camera ready BB Cream
- Try On Studio
- Cargo Eyelighter
- The Best Brow Products!
- The Balm “Time Balm” Concealer
You Might Enjoy..