Today, the talented Nick Barose shows us how to rock dramatic eyes and bold lips together like he did on his client Winona Ryder at this weeks The Iceman NYC premiere. "Normally there is a "rule" that if you're doing strong eyes, you can't do bold lips or vice versa.... but sometimes you can break the rule! Glamorous red lips alone can usually make you look too proper or too lady like so by adding some liner too it can make the look a bit edgier and less prim"
- On Winona I started by prepping her skin with sheer tinted moisturizer
- Then to keep skin from looking too matte, which would have been too retro with the red lips, I dusted sheer luminous powder on T Zone to cut down shine.
- For eyes, it's dark but more of an eyeliner look as opposed to a full on smoky eyes
- I simply just lined her upper and lower lash line using a long wearing chocolate brown pencil liner instead of black
- Line it along upper and lower lash line, try going in the inner rims to to make eyes pop more
- It'll add boldness to the eyes but not too smoky, just a sultry eyeliner look (try Armani Eyes To Kill waterproof eyeliner pencil in #2 )
- Then add just 2 coats of black mascara ( Benefit They're Real Mascara)