By Aly Walansky for Life & Beauty Weekly
Spring: The time of flings, fun, and a lot of time running around in the sun. You obviously want to look your best at this playful time of year -- but with as little time and effort as possible!
We asked some of our favorite celebrity stylists for their top hairstyle tutorials for great, simple -- and hot! -- looks for the steamy season.
“Beachy waves can instantly glam up any style when you opt for a textured tail,” says Fernando Salas, renowned master stylist and founder of the White Sands corporation. To create this look, forget typical roller sets and opt for adjustable, no-pull Velcro strips to fashion loosely sculpted curls.
1. To get lift with a slight texture on the ends, start with wet hair and take 2-inch sections of hair. Spritz each section with styling spray, then lay a Velcro strip underneath. Roll the Velcro strip toward your head into a roller. Repeat until all your hair is rolled, using clips to hold in place.
2. Let hair air dry or apply a dryer for roughly 4-5 minutes, allowing the new
desired texture to cool before removing the clips.
3. Take out the clips and Velcro strips, combing the style out if needed
to loosen the waves.
4. Use your hands to gently sweep your tresses up into a ponytail, bringing down layers to frame your face if desired.
5. Spray with a flexible hold hairspray for a shiny, touchable style that lasts.
The High Bun
Variations of the classic bun have been popular with everyone from ballerinas to CEOs. Recently, women have combined the elements of the “messy bun” with the coiffed look of the chignon to create what is known as a high bun.