Have you ever wondered why celebrities have that youthful glow, and what their secret is? As a beauty insider, I am here to tell you that the fountain of youth is lasers. They are all the rage. They can help you achieve radiant results, and relieve skin issues that you have long battled with. The benefits range from helping to erase fine lines, skin discoloration, and uneven skin texture, all while imparting a gorgeous luminosity to the skin. It is no wonder that lasers have become the skincare secret that your favorite stars rely on.
The one downside? The cost. Professional treatments can break the bank for most of us, with most treatments costing in the thousands. For a 5 session treatment, the average cost is $1000 per session. Although the results are fantastic, the price tag can be impossible for most.
That is why I was thrilled to be introduced to the new at-home Tria Age-Defying laser treatment. For $495 you are able to receive the same benefits as the professional dermatologist treatments. This FDA cleared Age-Defying laser should be used 5 days a week during your nightly routine over the course of 12 weeks to achieve the optimal results.
I started my treatment three weeks ago, beginning with Training Level 1. Every night, I get ready to start my treatment by following these steps:
1) You must always cleanse the skin before starting your treatment. I have been using the cleanser included in the kit, and have loved how gentle it feels. If you feel you need an extra step (to get off that nasty waterproof or long-wearing makeup) than I suggest using a makeup remover wipe prior to the cleanser. Make sure your face is dry before you move to the next step.
2) Every night I start treatments on Training Level One. This allows the skin to become accustomed to the laser. You can move up to Level 2 and 3, as it is up to you to select the level suited for you based on how your skin’s responding.
3) Start your treatment by placing the tip of the laser flat against your skin, and moving it in horizontal motions. The program sections your face into 4 “zones,”, and beeps when it is time to move onto the next zone. Easy peasy!
4) For the first week, your treatment time will be a total of 1 min. If you increase your treatment level to Level 2, you will up your treatment time to 4 min.
5) Finish with the Tria Finishing Serum to hydrate and nourish your skin. For those of you with extra dry skin, you may add your favorite nighttime moisturizer .
At first I thought that sticking to a nightly schedule would be difficult, as most nights I barely have the energy to wash off my makeup. But, after the first week, I found myself looking forward to the routine, and relishing the time to unwind and pamper myself. During week 1 I noticed a slight redness to my skin for a few moments after the treatment was finished. This was gone by morning, and I must say I noticed an immediate firmness to my skin. As an instant gratification junkie, I loved this.
During the last two weeks, the treatment time and level have increased, and so have the results. The current results are subtle, but I can see a change in my skin texture and tone. I feel that my tired and raggedy skin looks fresher, and more awake. An added bonus is that my normal monthly acne breakout session was nonexistent this month. That fact won me over right there.
Now, I must admit that there was some redness and a bit of an ouch factor that came with the enhanced Level Two and treatment time. My fair skin looked like I had spent a day in the sun, and sometimes felt like it to. Itchiness, and dryness are to be expected… and it happened to me. The good news is that by morning, all of this was gone. And, I found that adding my normal facial oil on top of the Finishing Serum helped alleviate any extra dryness. I also discovered that using a generous application of the Finishing Serum was extremely soothing to any irritation.
During the day, I must advise to be diligent with your sunscreen! The one day I forgot to apply made my skin feel overly dry, and sensitive. I never missed my sunscreen after, and all has been well.
Truly, this has been such a fascinating experience to watch my skin transform. The effects are subtle for now, but I can’t wait to see the progress as I move up to Level Three and a treatment time of 10 min! That celebrity glow will be mine for sure!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Tria Beauty and Style Coalition. All opinions are my own. Photos by Tria Beauty.