Celebrity hairstylist Kylee Heath worked with Diane Kruger for the premiere of FX’s “The Bridge” on Monday, July 7th. The look was an intense, and gorgeous take on a braided updo. Perfect for summer nights!
GET THE LOOK:
- First, I sprayed Leonor Greyl Spray Structure Naturelle from roots through ends and rough dried the hair, blowing it in all directions.
- Then, I created a part from the top of left ear, straight over the head, to the top of the right ear.
- I broke the section into two, creating a center part and clipped away both sections.
- Starting at the back of the center part, I then created two partings creating a triangle section in the back.
- The left over hair on either side of the triangle was also then clipped away leaving only the triangle section unclipped.
- I did an inside out French braid (cornrow) on the triangle section and secured at the base of the neck with a clear rubber band.
- Next, I took down the clipped away sections.
- I gave the roots a light tease for volume, lightly pulled them back and created a loose French braid (over the top of the triangle sectioned cornrow).
- Braiding the hair until only about 2 1/2 in was left, I secured with a clear rubber band and lightly loosened up the braid.
- I finished the look with Kevin Murphy Strong Hold Hairspray and Kevin Murphy Easy Rider .