Bridget Bardot Beauty Breakdown by Sian Bitner-Kearney
Since near birth, I have been obsessed with Brigitte Bardot. She is without a doubt my style icon and any dear friend would verify my countless attempts to be beach blonde (some less successful than others), my desperate need to perfect the cat eye look, and the lips… I should be an expert on the nude lip at this point of my life! The amalgamation of big, defined eyes, bronzed glowing skin, and near naked lips is classically beautiful, not to mention the perfect look for a mid-summer night! This look screams sexy while still appearing effortless and natural. Pair this look with an up do, ala Brigitte Bardot, and you have the recipe for dazzling!
- The thing to remember when attempting this beach beautiful look, is to focus on the eyes and the skin.
- Skin should be well hydrated before applying any bronzer, and using a BB Crème instead of a heavy foundation will give you ample coverage while still creating a natural glow.
- Create your smoky brown eye with a light layer of taupe shadow all over the lid followed by a deep shade of brown through the crease area.
- Begin lining the top of the lid, as close as possible to the lashes, with a black cake or gel liner and ever so slightly, winging it out at the corner.
- Next, lightly line the bottom waterline and top with several coats of lengthening mascara.
- Finish off the look with a touch of nude lip gloss, and your glammed up and ready to go!
GET THE LOOK:
This is a premium membership content!
The Makeup Sessions Membership brings together my experience as a professional makeup artist, as well as creating a beauty hub where the worlds best makeup artists spill their secrets. I believe you deserve to know how to look your most beautiful with significantly less effort than ever before!
When you're a member, you get:
- Let the makeup blogger team scour the web for you and bring you the best beauty secrets from celebrity makeup artists
- How to recreate celebrity looks for the real world….and in less time.
- View interviews with prominent makeup artists
- Have direct access to the team of beauty experts
Find out more about the membership here
Nick Barose, once again shares his magic with us! Recently, he glammed up the gorgeous Sarah Shahi, from the show Fairly Legal. The look was from premiere in NYC for her new film Bullet to the Head with Stallone.
” We went with mauvy, cool tone pinks on eyes and lips instead of the usual fresh girly pinks because we wanted a more sophisticated sexy look of cool pinks as opposed to girly, fresh faced which regular bright pink make up would create”
GET THE LOOK:
Look for icy pink with a hint of blue, cool tones in it so you can wear pink and look more grown up as opposed to overly sweet and girly.
BBN & Cancer Awareness
Are you aware?
Every year, and now going into our 4th, the members of The Beauty Blog Network get together and do what they can to help promote awareness of cancer and what we can do to raise awareness, help promote causes and donate and share to get the word out.
What started a few years ago as a way to raise funds for a network member who was diagnosed with cancer, has turned into a yearly network wide campaign.
Enter Phyrra's Summer Giveaway! 2 Winners, Great Prizes, Open Worldwide!
Enter for a chance to win Personal Microderm, an at home microdermabrasion system worth $179 at Beauty and Personal Grooming
Summer heat leaving you a bit too shiny? Beauty Girl Musings shares her picks of shine-control products to keep your skin's oil-production under control.
Sheila from Painted LadiesInclusive Health Program at Murad's headquarters.
Beauty Girl Musings is inspired by a new hair product from BE Beverly Hills– it adds shine, conditions, and protects tresses from harmful heat styling. Read about it here!
A Touch of BlusherPalmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Lotion SPF 15.
The Makeup Divas is giving away 5 TUBES of Kymaro Fix My Roots to 5 lucky winners! Giveaway ends July 13th so hurry and enter today.
Phyrra compares 10 Top Eye Shadow Primers for you. Find out which ones are her favorites!
Beauty Girl Musings shares her thoughts about Janson-Beckett's Sun Block Daytime Moisturizer.
Elke gets the hottest hair trend for this fall from Redken.
Beauty Junkie in SF found a great simple summer fragrance, a rollerball from Royal Apothic.
The Pink Sith overcomes an old misconception about Estee Lauder and discovers Pinkberry lipstick, now one of her new favorites!
Phyrra gives you incentive to participate in the Zoya Nail Polish exchange by swatching her entire Zoya collection!
Raging Rouge reviews MAC Opulash Mascara, a new favorite!
Head on over to The Makeup Divas and enter to win over $200 of MAC makeup!
The Pink Sith manages to tie in Lynda Carter and applying lipstick in public pools into her latest review of BECCA Sheer Tint Lip Colour in Tatiana.