by Sian Bitner Kearney:
Unless you’ve been living under a rock lately, you’ve probably heard of and even tried a BB (beauty balm) cream. They promise better, brighter, and more even tones skin, and are supposed to offer great coverage without the traditional heavy feel of a foundation. However, with so many on the market today, how’s a girl to choose? No worries! We have our top three picks for the best beauty balms for your money.
Estee Lauder Day Wear Beauty Benefit Crème
The issue many people have with beauty balms is shine. If you have oily skin and use a typical balm, you may not only feel like you have an oil slick on your t-zone by lunch, you could also suffer a break out. Thank goodness for this balm! It contains light moisturizers to help skin glow and hyaluronic acid to heal and prevent acne and keep shine at bay.
Dr. Brandt Signature Flexitone BB Cream
This balm is perfect for those who feel their skin is suffering from a serious case of the winter blues. The coverage is not super thick, but it does provide a very luminous glow making your skin look healthier and instantly gorgeous!
Stila Stay All Day 10 in 1 Beauty Balm
If you’re looking for a little more coverage as well as an anti-aging balm, this is your go-to balm! Not only does this one stay in place all day without shine, it also contains microspheres that help to blur imperfections and smooth fine lines.
So whatever your poison, at least give the new BB creams a try. With wintery days still among us, every girl’s skin could use a little extra TLC and a tiny boost of beautiful!
For any last minute Halloween ideas, here are some sexy looks from Make Up For Ever!
- Create lighted luminous skin by mixing your HD Foundation shade with white Flash Color. Apply with a brush and buff with the HD Sponge for a transparent effect.
- Smooth and finish with a small amount of HD Micofinishing Powder.
- Highlight the high points of the cheekbones, bridge of nose, and forehead with #967 Star Powder.
- Sculpt the contours of cheeks, temples, and jaw with#165 Eye Shadow.
- Apply #16 Aqua Shadow from lash line to crease, then, layer #61Eye Shadow onto the lid and through the crease to intensify color.
- Apply #8C Aqua Lip to the top and bottom waterline. Line the upper lash line with Aqua Black creating a winged effect at the outer corner of your eye. Apply 25L Aqua Eyes to the bottom lash line then smudge.
- Now, add depth in the crease by applying #163 Eye Shadow through the
crease and re-intensify with Aqua Black.
- Finish lashes with Smoky Extravagant#112 Faux Lash.
- Define lips with #12C Aqua lip. Fill the lips in with #12 Aqua Rouge. Add dripping blood for a freshly feed effect.
Start by laying down a thin amount of spirit gum. Roll two small pieces of plasto wax
into balls. Press flat and lay down over sprit gum, use your fingers to blend edges
into your skin. Then puncture the Plasto Wax with a spatula. To enhance the torn
flesh effect use Flash Color in black to darken punctured area and red around the
outside of the wound for irritation. Finish the effect with Thick Blood.
Foundation For Your Purse
I've used some compact foundations before, but for the most part, I wasn't a big fan. I always felt I wasn't getting as much coverage or as many benefits. It usually felt heavy on my skin as well. NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation is lightweight without sacrificing coverage. As the name implies, it's a cream based foundation that fits easily in a compact for carrying in your purse or for travel. My opinion on compact foundation has officially changed.
NARS gives you more than just coverage, it also boosts moisture levels. Within 12 hours, you can expect a boost of up to 80%. With more moisture, you'll see fewer fine lines and wrinkles. If you struggle with dry skin at all, you will want to give this foundation a try.
I love that you can apply the foundation either wet or dry. The creamy texture has a slightly damp feel, but with a wet brush you can better control coverage for trouble areas. Another thing I really like is the compact itself. You buy the compact and then choose any NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation you want. An easy to use sponge is included, but you can use your favorite foundation brush instead. With 16 shades at only $38, you're sure to find the right shade at a good price.
by Sian Bitner Kearney
Whether you’re growing out a bad cut or just desperate for a long, sexy mane that could rival any Victoria Secret Model, growing your hair out isn’t quite as difficult as you may think. Sure it takes patience and a little finesse, but if you follow these five simple rules you’ll be long and lovely in no time!
Bikini Soft Smooth Shave Oil gives you the ultimate, closest shave and leaves your skin baby smooth. Absolutely touch me smooth!
You see, shaving for a lady is well... not a pleasant thing. It is a necessary, "I don't want to be a hairy monster" necessary thing. But, if you have sensitive skin like I do, sometimes it can lead to very uncomfortable.....irritations. Finding the perfect shaving cream is a must. A must!
So, when my friend and fellow beauty blogger Meg (of Meg's Makeup) told me I had to try out this new shaving oil than I knew I had to take a chance. And boy was I glad I did! The shaving oil has truly transformed my shower and shave routine. Not only do I have less irritations, but my skin is baby soft right out of the shower. Touch-ably, and super sexy softness. I am obsessed! Another thing I adore is the Razor Savor, which has kept my razors from getting rusty and rough.
Here are the details:
- Most shaving creams provide minimal lubricant to the hair and the skin as well as hinder your ability to see what you are shaving.
- Bikini Soft resolves these issues by lubricating the skin and softening the hair shaft with transparent natural oils derived from plants which leave your skin deliciously smooth!
- Shaving doesn’t dull your razor, oxidation is the culprit. The combination of water and air on steel causes oxidation (or rust).
- In fact, the period between shaves does more damage to your razor than the shave itself. Exposure to moist air corrodes blades quickly, leading to a jagged edge resulting in nicks and cuts.
- Bikini Soft Razor Saver Oil has been shown to slow the effects of oxidation and extend blade life up to 300%.
Want to try this amazing product yourself?!! Well, jump over to their Facebook Page HERE! and sign up for their instant win game!
Now that my hair back to blonde, I am having to be vigilant with my hair care routine, to make sure my hair stays soft and vibrant. Luckily for me, I have the help of the uber talented Marco Pelusi, who helped me tame my tresses, and turned my hair from ravishing red to sultry blonde. But, my favorite thing about Marco (actually, there are many favorite things...he is such a cool dude!) is his leave in conditioner. This product have left my hair soft and anything but brittle blonde.
Marco's signature product is an exclusive anti-frizz formula that repairs, restores and rebuilds, leaving the hair and scalp comforted and protected. It is an amazing detangler, frizz eliminating treatment that helps to provide a workable softness on even the roughest of hairs. My course, thick, and wavy hair drinks this conditioner up! Yet, it is incredibly light, so your hair will never feel weighed down or limp. Love!
Here is the breakdown:
- naturally derived from coconut, cetrimonium chloride is the most potent anti-frizz element available to moisturize and neutralize static electricity; effects last for up to 72 hours even when rinsed with water
- usp grade vitamin e, one of the most powerful antioxidants available from nature, protects the hair from hostile environmental factors, including pollution, aging and stress
- apricot essential oils fight dryness and cell dehydration
- natural moisturizing factors, including sodium pca, volumize the hair
I recently made a very drastic hair change. I went from my natural redheaded glory, to a golden shiney shade of blonde. Why? Well, the first answer would be that my luscious locks turned grey almost 5 years ago, and keeping my "natural" hair color maintained was killing my wallet (they say blondes can blend greys easier). The real answer? I needed a change. I needed a "pick yourself out of your daily routine and feel sexy again" change. And yes, I love my new blondeness. It makes me feel....pretty. But, with that golden glory comes some very dry, and damaged split ends. My hair hates me.
So, what is a newly blonde lass to do? Well, the first thing she needs to do is run and get a super hydrating and strengthening hair routine in place.
Recently, I was able to put L'Oreal Triple Resist to the test. We all know that I am in love with the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Balm, so I had very high hopes for the Triple Resist line. It did not disappoint. To say that the line feels expensive is an understatement. It feels luxurious and worthy of it's very expensive competitors. Needless to say, I have it now it in the permanent hair treatments category. Effective and affordable? Yes, please! I especially loved that the amount of hair breakage, and shower clogging sadness has been greatly reduced (this makes Mike a huge fan as well!).
- Reduces hair fall due to breakage by 64% when using system of shampoo, conditioner and treatment together.
- Utilizes arginine, an amino acid that occurs naturally in the hair follicle. This powerful amino acid leaves hair three times more resistant to weakness.
- The Ultimate Strength Solution is intended to be used as a daily leave-in product, which leaves my hair feel glossy, and full. I spray this on immediately after the shower on my damp hair.
If you would like to try this wonder product for yourself, than follow this link to GET A FREE SAMPLE:
Get instant results and lasting transformation with Advanced Haircare Triple Resist from L'Oreal Paris. The triple action power of the formulas with concentrated Arginine reinforces strands and helps hair resist breakage. Change the life of your hair.
Disclosure of compensation:
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by L’Oreal Paris via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of L’Oreal Paris.