Celebrity makeup artist Coleen Campbell-Olwell used Orlane products to create Kate Mara’s stunning look for the red carpet premiere of ‘Transcendence’.
“For Kate’s look tonight, she’s wearing a gorgeous, gold Valentino dress with swept-up hair, so we decided to do bold and metallic shadows on her eyes with a pop of color and luminous, radiant skin."
- Since the weather here in LA is so warm and dry, I started by massaging in Orlane’s Super-Moisturizing Light Cream for extra hydration. This product is a staple in my kit! It really preps the skin so that the foundation goes on smoothly.
- I then dabbed on Orlane’s Absolute Skin Recovery Eye Contour under her eyes.
- Next, I mixed two drops of the Morning Recovery Concentrate into Chanel’s Vitalumiere Foundation for extra luminosity and applied it with a dampened Beauty Blender.
- For extra definition, I contoured under her cheekbones with a medium-sized fluffy brush and Orlane’s Bronzer in Soleil Cuivre 02. This bronzer is perfect for contouring because it is matte and looks so natural.
- Then, to add a hint of peach to the apples of her cheeks, I swirled on Dior’s Blush in Amber Show.
- On Kate’s eyes, I applied metallic and gold shadows and used a purple accent for a pop of color.
- I decided to forgo false lashes and instead lined her top lash line with Antonym’s Certified Natural Eye Pencil in Noir.
- To add density to her lashes, I took a small, dense shadow brush and smudged it in.
- Then, I applied two coats of Orlane’s Volume Care Mascara. I LOVE this mascara as it creates such long, lush lashes
- I love Kate’s lip color, so we went au natural and just applied a balm on top to keep them hydrated.
*To finish off the look, I used Orlane’s Highlight Care Brush to add extra glow to the top of her cheekbones, the inside corner of her eyes, and the top of her lip line.
Lastly, I dusted Orlane’s Translucent Loose Powder on her t-zone.
If you are as obsessed with Mad Med as I am, then you will love this next look! Celebrity makeup artist Mai Quynh created the look for Jessica Paré using tarte products for the Mad Men Season 7 premiere last night.
Get the Look: Jessica Paré
event: The Mad Men Season 7 premiere
makeup artist: makeup artist Mai Quynh for tarte
inspiration: “I was inspired by the cut of the dress. It was very structured, so I wanted to do something fun and modern with her makeup. I wanted to do a slight graphic line, while leaving the rest of her makeup soft and fresh.” –makeup artist Mai Quynh
• To prep Jessica’s face, Mai applied clean slate flawless 12-hr brightening primer.
• Next, she applied Amazonian clay 12-hr full coverage foundation in fair beige with a foundation brush.
• To create a flawless complexion, she dotted maracuja creaseless concealer in fair around her eyes and on any blemishes.
• For a punchy, natural-looking flush, she applied thecheek stain in tipsy over the apples of her cheeks, then followed with Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in glisten for extra color.
•She set her complexion with smooth operator™ Amazonian clay pressed finishing powder.
• To create a dramatic eye, Mai applied a thick line along her upper lash line using lights, camera, lashes™ precision longwear liquid liner in black. Next, she lined the lower inner rim of her eyes with skinny smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in onyx and smudged the two liners together.
• She finished the eyes by applying two coats of gifted™ Amazonian clay smart mascara in black to her upper lashes.
•For a punchy coral, Mai mixed LipSurgence™ power pigment in tipsy with LipSurgence™ lipgloss in blissful for a gorgeous pop-art hue.
GET THE LOOK:
Celebrity Makeup Artist: Lisa Storey for Jouer Cosmetics
“To balance the sexy silver gown that fit Miranda so perfectly, I was inspired to keep a feeling of a fresh faced classic beauty. I loved the bright pops of coral and peach hues while keeping the eyes subtle and soft but still with a glamorous feel.”
- To begin, I prepped the skin with Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer followed by Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden.
- I applied Age-Repairing Perfecter no. 2 in Crème for more coverage where needed and Age-Repairing Brightener in Medium under the eye area.
- On Miranda’s eyes I applied Crème Eyeshadow Crayons in Rococo over the lid, blending the outer corner with Baroque.
- I dusted Powder Eyeshadow in Walnut in the crease and blended upward and outward.
- I lined the inner eye with Eye Definer in Chocolat, finishing her look with lashings of Everyday Effortless Mascara in Noir.
- The brows were gently filled with Brow Definer in Cendré.
- For the cheeks I patted Tint in Poppy on the cheeks, then after a light dust of Mineral Face Powder in Perle Naturel, I applied Mineral Powder Blush in Peach Bouquet.
I completed the look with Hydrating Lipstick in Grace.
Spring is all about color and Jamie Chung (the new face of mark cosmetics!)shows us how to look effortlessly stylish in all of spring's hottest shades! mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created Jamie’s cover look explaining, “Jamie is a classic beauty so I wanted to stay true to her but with a pop of extra personality! We kept everything fresh and flirty for spring with a little splash of color on the eyes!”
Jamie's Cover Look:
- Sweep mark's Color Swing Mix It Up Palette in the light blue shade (middle) over the lids as well as in the creases.
- Next, apply the dark blue shade (right) at the outer corners of the lid and the yellow shade (left) along the inner corners of the eye.
- Run mark's No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Indigo Girl along the upper lash line.
- Finish the eye, with two coats of mark's Lash Act Build and Define Mascara in Blackest Black.
- Swirl brush over mark's Blooming Pretty Highlighting Face Powder and dust onto apples of the cheeks.
- Apply mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Baby Luv and finish with mark's Juice Gems High Shine Lip Gloss in Snow Peach for an extra-glossy finish.
One of my favorite looks during Sunday nights Grammy awards was the classic glamour of Miranda Lambert
. Now, anyone who knows me knows how much I adore Miranda. Loooove her music and her sass. And yes, you can hear me singing "Mama's Broken Heart
" during most shower singing sessions.
Her fabulous makeup artist Terri Apanasewicz shared with us how she achieved her look, and the trends she saw on the red carpet.
Step-by-Step on How to Get Miranda’s Red Carpet Look:
- I prepped Miranda’s skin with Olay’s new Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream
- Applied Makeup Forever HD foundation
- Used Amazing Concealer to highlight under the eyes
- Set with Amazing Cosmetics Powderset
- With a beveled blush brush I applied YSL Cream blush Audacious Orange” to the apple of the cheek.
- For her eyes I used MAC Brownluxe shadow palette, the bronze color over the entire lid adding the gold to the inner corner of the lid.
- I used the dark brown to defing the crease of the eye. Using the bronze color again underneath the bottom lashes.
- Added false lashes and mascara
- Then I finished off Miranda’s “Old Hollywood Glamour” look with Stila’s long wear lip pencil in “Passionate” and topped it off with Tarte’s LipSurgence in “lust”
Trends Terri Saw On The Red Carpet:
- Luminous skin on Miranda Lambert, Chrissy Teigan, Ciara...even Kevin Hart
- Bold, red lip on Madonna, Kelly Osborne and Colbie Calliat
- Dark eyes and a nude lip on Taylor Swift and Rita Ora
How to get Katy Perry’s 2014 GRAMMYs Red Carpet Look:
Red Carpet Makeup by Jake Bailey:
"Katy had a very clear idea of what she wanted for the GRAMMYs this year. She wanted sexy eyes, elegant lashes and she wanted to GLOW! I was quick to agree as I had seen the ethereal gown she was going to wear – stunning!"
- I started by prepping her skin with Olay’s new Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. This is perfect to use under makeup as it delivers lots of moisture but still feels lightweight and foundation glides smoothly over it.
- Once the moisturizer had absorbed, I got to work on the skin. Since we were going for maximum "glow" I mixed equal parts COVERGIRL BB cream and COVERGIRL TruBLEND Liquid Foundation on the back of my palm before buffing it all over her face and neck with a soft brush for sheer coverage and a polished glow.
- I started the eye look by painting a delicate line onto her lashline and a subtle "cat eye" wing in the outer corners of her eyes using COVERGIRL Bombshell Liquid Liner.
- I then coated her lashes with Bombshell Volume Mascara, top and bottom. I used the first coat to get that volumized look and then applied the second coat for the intense jet black wet lash look.
- I then applied Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess into the crease of her eyelid and highlighted her lids and browbones with Flamed Out Shadow in Blazing White.
- I finished the eye look with a strong brow and a coat of clear mascara to hold them in place.
- Once I finished with the eyes, I warmed and highlighted her complexion using COVERGIRL TruMAGIC Sunkisser and Luminizer. I blended the Sunkisser along the hairline and into the hollows of the cheeks to add warmth and dimension.
- I then took the Luminizer and used it to add a golden glow to her cheekbones, tip of her nose and just above the cupids bow of her lips.
- Once I set the makeup with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder, I dusted a little bit of shimmery coral blush on the apples of her cheeks.
- I finished the look with a fresh coral/pink shade called "Heavenly" from the COVERGIRL LipPerfection collection and tipped it with a touch of balm for extra shine.
Hair from Celebrity Stylist Renato Campora
"Katy wanted to wear her hair up and I was inspired by the soft, romantic look of her dress"
- First I sprayed her hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist and then blew it out to a sleek, polished finish.
- Once her hair was dry, I pulled it into a tight, high ponytail.
- To add more volume and texture to the ponytail, I sprayed the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo throughout the length of her hair.
- Then I twisted the ponytail and wrapped it around the base of her hair to create the crown.
- I secured the crown with bobby pins and misted the hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer to polish her look and set her style in place.
Amber Heard looked stunning with a romantic twist on the smokey eye. The actress, teamed her midnight blue Atelier Versace dress with a romantic up-do and alluring makeup by Hourglass Cosmetics. Not only did I love the look, but I wholeheartedly admit that Hourglass is one of my favorite cosmetic brands. Every product screams pretty! In all honesty, I cannot live without my Ambient Lighting Powders, and No.28 Primer. “Amber brought some of her own ideas to the mix,” says makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen. “She liked the idea of focusing on sultry chocolate eyes, creamy skin and soft nude lips. I was just bringing out the remarkable geometry and beauty of her face.”Here’s how to recreate the look:
- Moisturize skin with Cle de Peau Gentle Nourishing Emulsion.
- Prime with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum
- conceal with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Warm, and follow with Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in Light Beige. “No. 28 hydrates beautifully but it also creates a magical finish,” he says.
BROWS: Define the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette.
- Apply the shell shade from the Hourglass Vol. 6 Eye Palette as a base color all over the lids.
- Follow with the bronze shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy applied to the crease and under the eyes.
- Deepen the bronze with the brown shade from Vol. 6 Eye Palette applied to the outer corner, top and bottom of the lids.
- Line the eyes with a deep plum pencil like MAC Eye Kohl Prunella. “I also smudged the line with the black shadow from the palette,” he says.
- Apply a high-shine pearl shadow to the inner corner of the eye. Apply a coat of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara, allow to dry and curl lashes.
- Amplify with individual lashes like Ardell Duralash Flare in Medium Black.
- Apply the sheer rose shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to the cheeks, and highlight with the sheer champagne shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light.
- Retrace your steps with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, an opalescent sheer powder which mimics a moonlit glow.
- Line lips with Hourglass Trace Lip Liner in Bare and follow with Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Whisper, a golden pinky beige shimmer. “The look is glamorous but restrained,” adds VanLeeuwen. “She is so extraordinarily beautiful.”