Last night at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, actress Chloë Moretz, one of my favorite actress and start of the upcoming action flick Kick-Ass 2, illuminated the red carpet with her star power, radiating glamour with the simple yet chic look of her luxurious blond hair created exclusively with René Furterer styling products by celebrity hairstylist Rob Talty of the Magnet Agency."Chloë's look is all about gorgeous and effortless shine," says Rob. "She's young and cool and I wanted to keep that overall fresh feeling with her hair as well."
Below, he tells us how he created her look!
GET THE LOOK:
« First, I washed the hair with René Furterer OKARA light activating shampoo and conditioned with René Furterer REPAIRING AFTER-SUN MASK.
« On towel-dried hair, I sprayed René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no rinse detangling spray to remove any tangles. I then used René Furterer OKARA light activating leave-in fluid to add radiance and shine to Chloë's newly blond hair.
« Using a small amount of René Furterer VEGETAL MOUSSE to the roots, I then blow-dried each section of the hair using a T3 Evolution LongLife Blow Dryer and an Ibiza Round Brush.
« After making a sleek center part, I continued blow-drying the hair forward to ensure extra shine and softness to the ends of the hair.
« By lightly flicking sections of the hair back at the ends with a small Mason Pearson Brush, I was able to create a soft frame around Chloe's beautiful heart-shaped face.
« I finished the simple yet chic look by flat ironing the hair with a GHD Flat Iron to give it slight movement. Chloë was ready for her moment on the red carpet.
Get the Look: Angelina Jolie; Strong & Sexyby: Sian Bitner Kearney
If you haven’t heard yet, Angelina Jolie recently came forth announcing her brave decision to undergo a preventive double mastectomy after learning that she carries a mutation of the BRCA1 gene. Love her or hate her, Jolie is synonymous with the word courage and always stands her ground and outshines the crowd despite rumor or reality. While we are inspired by her strength, we are also in awe of her beauty. Here is just one of our favorite Jolie looks. To recreate this look, you’ll need the following:
- For luminous skin like Angelina’s, try an illuminating foundation like this one from Stilla to create a “lit from within” kind of glow.
- Set your glow with a high definition powder to diminish flaws and keep that glow going all night long!
- We like Blue Ray High Definition Powder by Cargo.
- This look has such a strong eye and lip that a bright blush would just be overkill.
- To create a bit of definition and add some color, skip the blush and apply a light bronzing powder like Physicians Formula Magic Mosaic, to the cheeks, temples, and bridge of the nose.
This look is all about the cat eye ~ Jolie’s trademark look.
- Line the upper lid as close as possible to the lashline with black Khol eyeliner like Givenchy’s Magic Khol liner.
- Make the line thicker as you come to the outer corner and then flick the liner up and out.
- Next line the waterline of the lower lid and smudge slightly toward the outer corner.
- Complete the eye by adding drama with several coats of black volumizing mascara to the upper lashes only.
- We love LORAC’s Multiplex 3D Lashes.
- When it comes to Angelina Jolie, the lips have it.
- In this look, Jolie chose to really emphasize her perfect pout with a bright red lipstick.
- Try Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture to recreate!
For the opening press day for The Great Gatsby at the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival, makeup artist Georgie Eisdell created a classic beauty look for lead actress Carey Mulligan.
“It’s extremely light and sophisticated,” said Georgie Eisdell about the NARS look she created for Carey Mulligan. “We used a very fine liquid liner to create definition along her lashes, and polished the look with a light lip that has a bit of pink color but isn’t heavy.”
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- If more coverage is needed try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- For oil skin, set with a powder such as NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
- Keep it simple and classic with a black liquid liner, George used: NARS Carpates Eyeliner Stylo
- Keep the rest of the eyelid clean. Apply two coats of black mascara
- NARS Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil
Kate Upton: Creating Curves
by Sian Bitner Kearney
If you don’t immediately recognize the name, the face and body are sure to strike a chord. Kate Upton has grazed an excess of magazine covers lately, including her second Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover as well as Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and Esquire.
However, it’s not just Kate’s dangerous curves and flawless face that keeps her name in the headlines. Kate has been quite outspoken about her love for her body and claims that while she will work out to maintain a good figure, she will never starve herself and loves the fact that she’s not the typical, ultra thin supermodel. Kate was recently called out by the author of a blog known as “Skinny Gossip” for being, ‘fat with huge thighs, and terrible body definition’. All we can say is, if this is what fat looks like, please hand us a cheeseburger and milkshake ASAP!
Curves aside, Upton truly has a beautiful face. For this look, Kate powered down her sex appeal a bit and went for a classic look of side swept hair, glowing skin, and light makeup. To recreate the look, follow these tips!
SKIN: This look is all about clear, flawless skin.
- To ensure your skin is camera ready, try one of the new complexion perfecting high definition starter kits by Smashbox.
- The kit includes an oil free primer to deflect shine and keep makeup in its place, high definition concealer for dark circles and imperfections, high definition foundation to even out skin tone, and halo hydrating perfecting powder to create a total airbrushed effect.
- The best part… This kit will only run you about $49.00 and lasts for months!
- The cheek in this look is quite muted.
- Instead of highlighting the apples with a bold blush, highlight your cheekbones by applying a bronzing power to the hollows of cheeks.
- This helps to contour the face and give the look more definition.
- For a gorgeous glow like Kate’s, we recommend Laura Mercier Bronzing Powder in Golden Bronze.
- The eyes are really the focal point of this look, but they are not Kate’s traditional smoky eye. This look is much more about the lashes than the liner and shadow. That said, the trio of makeup creates a look that’s fresh and beautiful.
- For the eyeshadow, try NARS cream eyeshadow in Corfu. This light taupe shade provides some color to the lid but still looks very natural.
- Next, lightly line just the upper lash line with a black cream or cake liner like this one from Gorgeous Cosmetics. Keeping the line as close to the lash line as possible and then smudging slightly will make lashes appear even thicker and really draw attention.
- Finally, apply several coats of black, lengthening mascara. We love Lancome L’Extreme Instant Extensions Mascara, but if that doesn’t do the trick, you can always compensate with a few false lashes in the corners.
- To complete the look, polish lips with a soft peach or pink lipstick like Dolce & Gabbana Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipstick in Nude Pink.
- The color is bold enough to command attention, yet simple enough to not overpower the look.
Christina Hendricks…Driving Men Mad! by Sian Bitner Kearney:
While the world of Hollywood is full of beautiful women, there are few that personify class, confidence, and well… sex the way that Christina Hendricks does. This fiery redhead lights up the screen on AMC’s Mad Men as the hard headed and hard to ignore Joan Holloway (Harris). While Hendricks’ voluptuous curves keep men all around the world glued to the television, it’s Christina’s glowing complexion and vintage glamour that keeps us ladies wanting more. Want to drive your own man mad? Here’s how to create a look that’s totally Joan approved!
- As always, begin with clean, moisturized skin.
- Next, skip the heavy, complexion clouding foundation and opt for a BB Crème.
- If you’re like Christina and are among the “fairest of all”, go for a BB Crème with sun protection built in like Christian Dior’s DIORSNOW UV Protection BB Crème.
- Next, apply a light dusting of blush to the apples of the cheeks in a coral shade. Coral is less harsh on fair skin tones than a red blush but still gives skin that old Hollywood glow. We love Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in the shade Candy Coral.
- Now on to the eyes. Because the lips are Christina’s boldest and brightest feature, the eyes need to be a bit simpler.
- For this look, skip eye shadow and smoky liner. Simply apply a liquid liner like Smashbox’s Limitless Liquid Liner pen to the upper lash line only.
- Stay as close to the lash line as possible and wing the liner out ever so slightly at the corners.
- Next, apply several coats of volumizing mascara like Lancome’s Hypnose Drama mascara, to the upper lashes only.
- Now on to the drama! This look is all about those big, bold, and beautiful red carpet lips.
- If you have a tendency toward dryness, begin by exfoliating the lips and applying a balm.
- Next, pick a bright shade of red, we love Clarins’ Joli Rouge Lipstick, apply to lips with a lip brush or directly from the tube, and you’re red carpet ready. Simple, sophisticated, and oh so sexy!
Get The Look: Kerry Washington
makeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Carola Gonzalez at The Magnet Agency for tarte
“Kerry represents classic beauty with an edge and the Vera Wang dress she chose is classic with a punk twist. The stunning violets and blacks in the dress inspired me to create Kerry’s bold, smoky eye.”
- To begin, Carola prepped Kerry’s skin with tarte’s clean slate™ poreless 12-hr perfecting primer
- Then she applied tarte’s Amazonian clay waterproof concealer in tan followed by tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hour foundation in deep to even out Kerry’s complexion
- For the perfect pop of rosy color, Carola dusted tarte’s Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in natural beauty on the apples of her cheeks
- To create a dramatic smoky eye, Carola used the purple and silver shadows from tarte’s beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad in envoke the smoke
- Then she lined Kerry’s top and bottom lashlines with Aqualillies for tarte Amazonian clay waterproof liner in black to give her a punk edge
- She finished by lining the lower inner rims with tarte’s lights, camera, lashes™ waterproof inner rim liner (out in July)
- For extra definition she applied five coats of tarte’s lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara
- To complete her look, she swiped tarte’s glamazon™ pure performance 12-hour lipstick in pure over her lips
Last night, the fashionable and beautiful all gathered together for the yearly MET ball. Christina Ricci looked stunning and Kim Bower, her makeup artist, shares how she created this "punk meets glam" look for the MET gala.
"Christina wanted a a strong clean eye. Black liquids and powders were built up to create a strong cat eye. The rest of the face remained clean to allow the focus to be on her gorgeous face and the orange lip /wild ginger lipstick by Tom ford"
- La Mer Face Cream
- Beauty Flash Balm from Clarins
- Jouer pearl cream in center of face and Armani fluid silk 6.5
- Tarte setting powder
- Kevyn Aucoin contour
- Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight highlight powder
- Kevyn Aucoin Pravella blush
- Dior Earth Reflection palette
- Shiseido creme shadow bk912
- MAC black creme liner
- Brows, I used MAC omega eyeshadow