Kiernan Shipka showed off her effortless look during New York Fashion Week giving makeup a whole new meaning. Without noticeable makeup, she pulls off a classy look that we should all try at least once! In focusing on the skin, and colorful lips, it's as easy 1, 2, 3... 4, 5, 6.
Step 1: Apply Armani Luminous Silk Foundation #4 and Armani Fluid Sheer #6 for a soft flush on the cheeks
Step 2: Use Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory to cover any shadows under the eyes
Step 3: Finish off the eyes with a very light dusting of Laura Mercier Translucent Powder in the t-zone
Step 4: On the eyes, use Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad Lavender Lust in the lightest shade to open up the eyes and curl your lashes
Step 5: Finish with L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
Step 6: On the lip, use Tom Ford Indian Rose Lipstick and blotted so it left more of a stain
Sofia Vergara always knocks it out of the park on the red carpet, and last night was no different! Here we share the beauty breakdown, starting with the step-by-step hair tutorial for her shiny straight style followed by the breakdown to achieve her easy to recreate makeup.
First, Sofia’s stylist, celeb hair guru Kylee Heath shares her tips on how to get the gorgeous smooth and sexy look. Follow Kylee’s step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be ready to make your red carpet debut!
1. Start with Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky for a flake-free part and 24-hour frizz control
2. Create a straight center part on damp hair
3. Blow dry the top front section, away from your face, with a boar bristle round brush. Roll the section under itself and pin into place to cool
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in two square inch sections and pin each section in place then wait for all sections to cool. Once cool, take out each section and brush it
5. With a 1 ½ inch curling iron, add a slight bend to the shorter front layers
6. Finish by spraying with light hairspray for extra hold
Next, Sofia’s makeup artist complemented her Art Deco style with a retro lip and a fresh modern eye. With the white and silver dress, white diamonds and simple hair, the makeup called for a pop of color. See the breakdown below of Sofia’s glamorous look.
- I used a short haired buffing foundation brush to really buff the foundation, truBLEND Liquid Foundation in Classic Tan D-4, into the skin.
- I then used a touch of bronzer (Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices) on the forehead, cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose.
- I added a pop of blush, Clean Glow Blush in Peaches, on the apples of the cheeks to give the look some warmth.
- The focus was really about the lip, so I needed a long lasting lip product that would last all night through the red carpet, award show AND parties.
- I didn't want the lip to look too dry so I chose Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever-Reddy as it is super pigmented and would give that punch of color while still looking like a shiny candy apple!
- I lined the lip with a matching pencil, LipPerfection Lipliner in Passion.
At last nights Emmy Awards Jessica Lange took home a statue, and proved that you can be sultry and sexy at any age! Her makeup artist Georgie Eisdell shares his tips and the products he used to get her soft and smokey look:
"Jessica had a little rock and roll going on this year for the Emmys. A modern version of. However my inspiration for Jessica Lange is always Jessica herself. She is a true beauty. I like to keep her makeup classic and smokey. I focused mostly on her eyes and brows."
GET THE LOOK:
LIPS: To finish off Jessica's look I used Kevyn Aucoin Matt Lip Color in Infinite.
Katy Perry's VMA look tonight was quintessential Katy. Bright red lips, black liquid liner and big lashes!
Celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey shared how he got her prepped for the night!
CHEEKS and LIPS:
This is such a great, classic look! I love the take on the bright red lip, using one of my favorite lines, Jouer. Below is a full breakdown of Nina's fiery look, created by Celebrity Makeup Artist, Beau Nelson and Celebrity Hairstylist, Riawna Capri.
“I wanted to keep Nina looking fresh and sophisticated, so I decided to echo her dress color in her lips. I kept the rest of the face neutral and softly contoured emphasizing her perfect skin and beautiful bone structure." - Beau Nelson
Brows were an important focal point. I used Anastasia Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and Brow Powder in Taupe to define brows leaving them soft but strong.
I used Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint mixed with Armani Designer Lift to perfect already beautiful skin and covered any redness using Cinema Secrets Concealer.
Cheeks were contoured with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate and Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I used NARS Multiple in South Beach to add a little bit of bronze glow to the face.
Nina applied her own individual flash lashes with her fingers (amazing!) and I coated them and her natural lashes with a light cost of L’Oreal Carbon Black Mascara.
Lips took center stage with Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Ava, which I applied with an Urban Decay lip brush for precision.
The final touch was MAC Clear Lipglass on eyelids to make them look almost plastic coated, which I found to be an interesting contrast of texture between her satin texture skin and her semi matte vivid red orange.”
“The back of Nina’s [Zuhair Murad] dress had an intricate and cool design with a tassel tie hanging from the back, and we wanted to be able to show that off. We opted for a texturized high ponytail with lots of volume.” – Riawna Capri
- First, Capri gave Dobrev a beautiful, voluminous blow out with a ROUND brush to give the hair the perfect foundation to create a ponytail with lots of texture.
- Before blowing out the hair, Capri applied Garnier Fructis Sky-Hi Volume Mousse to damp hair to ensure maximum volume is achieved in the blow out.
- Next, Capri put TWO BIG ROLLERS IN THE BANG AREA to give extra lift at the roots and sprayed it with Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hair Spray before pulling the hair back into a high ponytail using A HOOK RUBBERBAND.
- To hide the ponytail hook, Capri took a small piece of hair, braided it into a skinny braid and wrapped it around the ponytail hook.
- Capri used a 1 1/4 Hot Tools NexGen Curling Iron to curl the hair vertically, but leaving the ends a bit straight.
- She then used Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray all over the ponytail to give it body.
- Afterwards, Capri split the ponytail in half so she could tease the top sections of the ponytail and give it a lift.
- Once the ponytail look was in place, Capri teased the roots of Dobrev’s hair and gave her bangs some volume by using the end of a tail comb to help lift the hair around the crown.
- Finally, for the perfect, healthy glow finish and control the flyaways, Capri set the entire look with Garnier Fructis Full Control Anti-Humidity Spray.
"I wanted to add a pop of color to her eyes to compliment the neutral tones of her outfit. We went with a smokier eye but kept it on the softer side by using plums instead of the traditional black."
GET THE LOOK:
- As her brows are part of her trademark look, I accentuated her natural arch and filled in sparse areas using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
- Being that it was such humid day, I used a bit of Anastasia Dip Brow in Dark Brown to ensure that they stayed put.
- I started the eyes by smudging Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amethyst Aphrodisiac along the lash line and blended it upwards and outwards to elongate the eye.
- Using the same purple eyeliner, I smudged it into the lower lash line and blended it out.
- I intensified the lashes by smudging Urban Decay 24 Hour Black Liner into the upper lash line.
- Blending the liners out was key so that the overall look was smokey but still soft. Then I lightly dusted the top right color from the Tom Ford Seductive Rose Eye Color Quad all over the eyes and brightened the eye by highlighting the inner corner with Shiseido Shimmer Cream Eye Color OR313.
- To further accentuate the lashes, I gave them a light curl and added two Kiss Trio Short Lashes to each eye. These lashes are great because they give the look of individual lashes but it is done three times faster.
- Lastly, I finished off the eye makeup with Diorshow Mascara in Black on the top and bottom lashes.
Lips: As the focus of the makeup was on the eyes, I went for a neutral rose tone, Tom Ford Lipstick in Spanish Pink, to accentuate her natural lip color and to compliment the purple smokey eyes."
It's the middle of the summer so what better way to keep your summer look than to keep your makeup and hair light and fresh! Using inspiration from Judy's Jimmy Choo tomato red clutch, makeup artist Tamah uses a red lip to add to the pop of red. To balance the pop of color with the rest of the look, Tamah gave Judy a 'summer smokey eye' which gives the eyes definition while veering away from using the typical dark colors normally associated with the traditional smokey eye. With beautiful braided hair by hairstylist, Gregory Russell completing the look, Judy has given the summer look not only a new definition, but a perfect look for everyone to wear in just a few steps! Read below for the step by step to get Judy's look:
Hair Preparation. Start by dampening hair and blowing it out with an Ibiza round brush and applying Leonor Greyl Éclat Naturel to the ends of your hair.
The Braid. Next, part your hair down the center and pin up the crown section to braid last. French braid each side back and fasten the end of the braid with a clear elastic and braid the crown section (just a regular braid, not a French braid). Following the braid, pull out a few pieces around the face and loosen each of the braids and roughen them up a bit.
The Finishing Touch. After spraying more Kevin Murphy Resort Spray, pin the side braids into two low buns and connect them with the crown braid. To complete the look, finish with Kerastase Laque Couture.
Eyes. Apply a thin layer of Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow in Flatter Me with a fluffy brush to keep it sheer. Next, use a touch of the top and bottom left shadows from the Dior 030 Incognito Eyeshadow Quad. Use the bottom right as a liner under the lower lash line. Apply Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in black directly to the upper lash line, and top it with Lancôme Hypnose Star Mascara in Black.
Cheeks. Use a touch of Make Up For Ever 033 Dark Antique Pink as a base, and top with Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium 2. Apply the bronzer with a medium sized fluffy brush (preferably one that is angled for bronzer). Apply this to the cheeks and sweep it over the bridge of the nose, where the sun would naturally bronze.
Skin. Apply Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Foundation in 113 as foundation and concealer and use Laura Mercier Translucent Powder to set.
Lips. Use NYX Butter Lipstick in JuJu Amulette and MAC lip liner in Redd to set the lip line.