Celebrity Makeup Artist: Lisa Storey for Jouer Cosmetics
“To balance the sexy silver gown that fit Miranda so perfectly, I was inspired to keep a feeling of a fresh faced classic beauty. I loved the bright pops of coral and peach hues while keeping the eyes subtle and soft but still with a glamorous feel.”
- To begin, I prepped the skin with Jouer Anti-Aging Moisture Primer followed by Luminizing Moisture Tint in Golden.
- I applied Age-Repairing Perfecter no. 2 in Crème for more coverage where needed and Age-Repairing Brightener in Medium under the eye area.
- On Miranda’s eyes I applied Crème Eyeshadow Crayons in Rococo over the lid, blending the outer corner with Baroque.
- I dusted Powder Eyeshadow in Walnut in the crease and blended upward and outward.
- I lined the inner eye with Eye Definer in Chocolat, finishing her look with lashings of Everyday Effortless Mascara in Noir.
- The brows were gently filled with Brow Definer in Cendré.
- For the cheeks I patted Tint in Poppy on the cheeks, then after a light dust of Mineral Face Powder in Perle Naturel, I applied Mineral Powder Blush in Peach Bouquet.
I completed the look with Hydrating Lipstick in Grace.
Spring is all about color and Jamie Chung (the new face of mark cosmetics!)shows us how to look effortlessly stylish in all of spring's hottest shades! mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created Jamie’s cover look explaining, “Jamie is a classic beauty so I wanted to stay true to her but with a pop of extra personality! We kept everything fresh and flirty for spring with a little splash of color on the eyes!”
Jamie's Cover Look:
- Sweep mark's Color Swing Mix It Up Palette in the light blue shade (middle) over the lids as well as in the creases.
- Next, apply the dark blue shade (right) at the outer corners of the lid and the yellow shade (left) along the inner corners of the eye.
- Run mark's No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Indigo Girl along the upper lash line.
- Finish the eye, with two coats of mark's Lash Act Build and Define Mascara in Blackest Black.
- Swirl brush over mark's Blooming Pretty Highlighting Face Powder and dust onto apples of the cheeks.
- Apply mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Baby Luv and finish with mark's Juice Gems High Shine Lip Gloss in Snow Peach for an extra-glossy finish.
One of my favorite looks during Sunday nights Grammy awards was the classic glamour of Miranda Lambert
. Now, anyone who knows me knows how much I adore Miranda. Loooove her music and her sass. And yes, you can hear me singing "Mama's Broken Heart
" during most shower singing sessions.
Her fabulous makeup artist Terri Apanasewicz shared with us how she achieved her look, and the trends she saw on the red carpet.
Step-by-Step on How to Get Miranda’s Red Carpet Look:
- I prepped Miranda’s skin with Olay’s new Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream
- Applied Makeup Forever HD foundation
- Used Amazing Concealer to highlight under the eyes
- Set with Amazing Cosmetics Powderset
- With a beveled blush brush I applied YSL Cream blush Audacious Orange” to the apple of the cheek.
- For her eyes I used MAC Brownluxe shadow palette, the bronze color over the entire lid adding the gold to the inner corner of the lid.
- I used the dark brown to defing the crease of the eye. Using the bronze color again underneath the bottom lashes.
- Added false lashes and mascara
- Then I finished off Miranda’s “Old Hollywood Glamour” look with Stila’s long wear lip pencil in “Passionate” and topped it off with Tarte’s LipSurgence in “lust”
Trends Terri Saw On The Red Carpet:
- Luminous skin on Miranda Lambert, Chrissy Teigan, Ciara...even Kevin Hart
- Bold, red lip on Madonna, Kelly Osborne and Colbie Calliat
- Dark eyes and a nude lip on Taylor Swift and Rita Ora
How to get Katy Perry’s 2014 GRAMMYs Red Carpet Look:
Red Carpet Makeup by Jake Bailey:
"Katy had a very clear idea of what she wanted for the GRAMMYs this year. She wanted sexy eyes, elegant lashes and she wanted to GLOW! I was quick to agree as I had seen the ethereal gown she was going to wear – stunning!"
- I started by prepping her skin with Olay’s new Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. This is perfect to use under makeup as it delivers lots of moisture but still feels lightweight and foundation glides smoothly over it.
- Once the moisturizer had absorbed, I got to work on the skin. Since we were going for maximum "glow" I mixed equal parts COVERGIRL BB cream and COVERGIRL TruBLEND Liquid Foundation on the back of my palm before buffing it all over her face and neck with a soft brush for sheer coverage and a polished glow.
- I started the eye look by painting a delicate line onto her lashline and a subtle "cat eye" wing in the outer corners of her eyes using COVERGIRL Bombshell Liquid Liner.
- I then coated her lashes with Bombshell Volume Mascara, top and bottom. I used the first coat to get that volumized look and then applied the second coat for the intense jet black wet lash look.
- I then applied Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess into the crease of her eyelid and highlighted her lids and browbones with Flamed Out Shadow in Blazing White.
- I finished the eye look with a strong brow and a coat of clear mascara to hold them in place.
- Once I finished with the eyes, I warmed and highlighted her complexion using COVERGIRL TruMAGIC Sunkisser and Luminizer. I blended the Sunkisser along the hairline and into the hollows of the cheeks to add warmth and dimension.
- I then took the Luminizer and used it to add a golden glow to her cheekbones, tip of her nose and just above the cupids bow of her lips.
- Once I set the makeup with COVERGIRL + Olay Pressed Powder, I dusted a little bit of shimmery coral blush on the apples of her cheeks.
- I finished the look with a fresh coral/pink shade called "Heavenly" from the COVERGIRL LipPerfection collection and tipped it with a touch of balm for extra shine.
Hair from Celebrity Stylist Renato Campora
"Katy wanted to wear her hair up and I was inspired by the soft, romantic look of her dress"
- First I sprayed her hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Sheer Shine Mist and then blew it out to a sleek, polished finish.
- Once her hair was dry, I pulled it into a tight, high ponytail.
- To add more volume and texture to the ponytail, I sprayed the Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo throughout the length of her hair.
- Then I twisted the ponytail and wrapped it around the base of her hair to create the crown.
- I secured the crown with bobby pins and misted the hair with the Herbal Essences Naked Flexible Hold Spritzer to polish her look and set her style in place.
Amber Heard looked stunning with a romantic twist on the smokey eye. The actress, teamed her midnight blue Atelier Versace dress with a romantic up-do and alluring makeup by Hourglass Cosmetics. Not only did I love the look, but I wholeheartedly admit that Hourglass is one of my favorite cosmetic brands. Every product screams pretty! In all honesty, I cannot live without my Ambient Lighting Powders, and No.28 Primer. “Amber brought some of her own ideas to the mix,” says makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen. “She liked the idea of focusing on sultry chocolate eyes, creamy skin and soft nude lips. I was just bringing out the remarkable geometry and beauty of her face.”Here’s how to recreate the look:
- Moisturize skin with Cle de Peau Gentle Nourishing Emulsion.
- Prime with Hourglass No. 28 Primer Serum
- conceal with Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Warm, and follow with Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in Light Beige. “No. 28 hydrates beautifully but it also creates a magical finish,” he says.
BROWS: Define the brows with Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette.
- Apply the shell shade from the Hourglass Vol. 6 Eye Palette as a base color all over the lids.
- Follow with the bronze shimmer shade from Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Gypsy applied to the crease and under the eyes.
- Deepen the bronze with the brown shade from Vol. 6 Eye Palette applied to the outer corner, top and bottom of the lids.
- Line the eyes with a deep plum pencil like MAC Eye Kohl Prunella. “I also smudged the line with the black shadow from the palette,” he says.
- Apply a high-shine pearl shadow to the inner corner of the eye. Apply a coat of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara, allow to dry and curl lashes.
- Amplify with individual lashes like Ardell Duralash Flare in Medium Black.
- Apply the sheer rose shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset to the cheeks, and highlight with the sheer champagne shade from Hourglass Illume Crème-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Bronze Light.
- Retrace your steps with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, an opalescent sheer powder which mimics a moonlit glow.
- Line lips with Hourglass Trace Lip Liner in Bare and follow with Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Crème Lipstick in Whisper, a golden pinky beige shimmer. “The look is glamorous but restrained,” adds VanLeeuwen. “She is so extraordinarily beautiful.”
One of my favorite looks from Sundays awards was the gunmetel goddess dress worn by Kate Beckinsale. Another thing I adored was her sexy, yet refined makeup look. Sexy yet classic. Below, her makeup artist Adam Breuchaud worked with Jouer Cosmetics to get her look.
“When I first saw the silver and gunmetal metallic dress I immediately thought it needed a sexy, rock n' roll make up. We decided on a smudged kohl eye, almost the day after look"
- I started by smudging Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Suede all over the eye.
- I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Opal in the inner corner for a highlight, then layered Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Chocolat over her lid.
- Next, I applied Jouer Eye Definer in Noir along the top and bottom lash line. Over that I blended Jouer Powder Eyeshadow in Licorice to really smoke out the look.
- After cleaning under her eye I applied the Jouer Age-Repairing Concealer in No.3 Cameo where needed.
- Then I applied the Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in Bronzed as a foundation.
- It is sheer enough to let the skin show through where you want and build more coverage where you need.
- On Kate’s cheeks, I applied Jouer’s cream Tint in Whisper and Mineral Powder Bronzer in Sunshine - my favorite go to duo.Together they define and brighten the cheek effortlessly.
LIPS: To finish off the look I used Jouer Lip Gloss in Cherish.
This has to be one of my favorite looks, not only because this was created by one of my favorite celebrity makeup artists Jamie Greenberg, but because it was also created using Avon's marc cosmetics. I have always loved Mark because it is affordable, and the quality is amazing. Red carpet beauty for less!"With Kaley's dress, we wanted her makeup to be a little edgier to balance the softness of the florals," Jamie said. The full breakdown of how to get her look is below.
- vbeaute Eye Never Nourishing Repair Eye Cream,
- vbeaute Undercover Agent Anti-Wrinkle Protecting Serum,
- vbeaute Buying Time Everyday Creme.
- Laura Mercier Hydrating Face Primer,
- mark Min-A-Real Cream to Powder Foundation,
- mark Glowdacious Illuminating Powder in Amped Up
- mark Touch & Glow Shimmer Cream Cubes.
- mark Please Hold Eye Primer,
- mark On The Dot Smokey Palette, using the top right 2 green shades,
- mark Keep It Going Longwear Eyeshadow and Liner in Entourage on the top lash line and Avon's Glimmersticks in Emerald on the lower lash line.
- Finished with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
LIPS: mark Make It Rich Lip Crayon in Naturally
If you want to catch Jamie and Kaley in action, than you must (MUST) follow Jamie on her YouTube channel. She is hillarious, and her videos give you a glimpse into what happens behind the scenes.