This month I was asked to collaborate with Refinery29 and Almay to promote the Almay Intense I-Color Collection, which was kismit, because I have been eyeing these shades for quite some time.
Almay has always been a favorite line of mine, since the products are always sensitive skin friendly, and VERY easy to use. This is a makeup line that wants to make makeup application easy, and I love them for it.
The shades that were sent to me were for blue eyes, and I was instantly impressed with the color selection. Normally I tend to stay away from brighter blues, but I instantly fell in love with the build-ability of the eyeshadows. You can take these bright colors and create a multitude of different looks. The eyeshadows are buildable, so you can go from sheer to intense with just a few strokes.
For daytime I loved the nude shades that were easy to blend, and worked well for any event. If you are trying to use the colors for everyday errands, than simply use a single application for a sheer wash of color. For a more intense work look, layer one or two applications to build the color to a more sophisticated intensity.
For nighttime, I loved that they invite you to try a deep, gorgeous royal blue. This is a color that I normally don't recommend...but I fell in love. The blue is soft and sheer, so it looks stunning when layered on top of a black eyeliner. Perfect to up the ante on your normal smokey eye. You can't overdue the intensity, which makes it perfect for a softer version of the bright eyeshadow color trends.
Samples of Almay Intense I-Color collection were provided by Almay.
This post is sponsored by Refinery 29
On the days when I am running around town doing errands (and trying to conquer my to-do list) the last thing I want to worry about is my makeup. But, I still need something that will help me look put together. For those crazy days, I want a makeup product that will be easy to use, have a speedy application, and be good for my skin. Something light on my skin that gives me a glow. Stat.
My new favorites for this task? Physicians Formula CC and BB line of products. I adore the way the CC cream looks and feels on my skin, and the added glow the BB powder provides. I look natural, and luminous...all while good for me ingredients nourish my skin. Perfection!
Now, you can try out a few of your favorites with Target's BOGO sale going on until May 24th, 2014. So, tell me... what are your musts for summer, everyday skin? Let us know by tweeting to #PFHealthyGlamour.
Disclosure: Products and compensation was provided by Beautystat.com #bstat. All views and opinions are my own.
When you read a "You Deserve to Be Pampered" you know you are in for something special. And the two new products from A Girls Gotta Spa! are just that....special.
I asked founder Shannon Smyth what her inspiration was for creating this new line, and she said "I believe every woman deserves to be pampered. I know this as a mom of 4 boys...but it goes for every woman no matter what season in life they are. We all need to take care of ourselves, which can be accomplished even in the simpliest action of applying lotion or body wash".
I truly love that both the products are free of harmful ingredients, and don't try to pretend to be a "miracle". They are the best body wash and best lotion for dry skin because they are simple and pure. They are free of sulfates, formaldehyde, petrochemicals, synthetic colors and fragrances. They are also made in small batches, to ensure the best and highest quality...which I love. I adore the natural body wash and natural body lotion because they make my skin feel like butter, and I know I am not putting anything harmful on my skin. Another thing I adore? The scent! It is energizing and refreshing. My perfect morning wake me up.
Here are the details:
- Vegan and Cruelty Free
- Recyclable packaging
- Shelf life of 6 months after opening
USE THE CODE FREESHIP until March 21st, 2014!
Today's question is "how to do pop makeup". I like to do pop makeup with a bright color that's unexpected. One of my favorite colors to use on almost every skin tone is a deep violet purple. Today, we're going to use it in a great chunky eye shadow pencil.
- Now as you can see, she has on a normal everyday neutral face, beautifully bronze skin, a nice peach cheek a soft gloss and subtle eyes.
- To make this pop and get that pop makeup effect, we're going to enhance the eyes with a shot of purple. Purple and plum is one of my favorite go to colors for almost every skin tone because it really brightens up the eye, can be blended with most neutral shadows and instantly adds a gorgeous gorgeous look to any event.
- As you can see, her eyes now are the focal point, popping, gorgeous and just stunning and in one simple step.
I hope this answered your question on how to do pop makeup. It can really be as simple as one bright color, once again, purple being my color of choice.
by Sian Bitner Kearney:
Allow me to preface this product review by stating that historically speaking, I am not at all a foundation girl. I have never liked the look or feel of foundation and always felt like I was wearing an oily mask instead of makeup any time I tried one.
That being said, I received a sample of BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème with my most recent Sephora product order. I looked at the sample, tossed it to the side of my counter, and truly thought that I would never look at it again. Later that week, I was at a loss. My regular concealer that I use as a mock foundation to provide color and camouflage to the necessary areas of my face went missing. I had 20 minutes to get ready for my son’s basketball game and in total haste; I reached for my BECCA sample. I squeezed about half a dime size on to my hand and began carefully dotting and blending into my skin with my fingertips. My first reaction was total shock. Not only did the product beautifully conceal the areas that required it, it also seemed to melt into my skin, leaving it soft, smooth and not cakey in the least. I smirked with skepticism, finished my hair and makeup, and headed out the door.
Midway through the game, I expected to feel the usual foundation oil slick building on my t-zone, but again to my surprise, my skin was still flawless. One 90 minute game, an early dinner party, and a three episode marathon of True Detective later, my flaws remained completely covered and my complexion was still oil free. The amazing thing was, with everything going on, I’d had zero time to even touch up with a swipe of powder. This complexion perfection was still a result of a 9:00 am makeup application. I was in awe. I even snapchatted a photo to my friend with the caption, “12 hour makeup face” for her opinion. She immediately texted me, writing that I was a liar and must have just recently done my makeup. Bam! I was sold!
So the question of the day is of course, will I purchase a full-size bottle of BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème once my sample packet runs out? Yes I will. While I may not feel the need to use it every single day, when it’s time to glam up and look camera (or date night) ready, I think this product is the perfect beauty companion!
Spring is all about color and Jamie Chung (the new face of mark cosmetics!)shows us how to look effortlessly stylish in all of spring's hottest shades! mark Celebrity Makeup Artist Jamie Greenberg created Jamie’s cover look explaining, “Jamie is a classic beauty so I wanted to stay true to her but with a pop of extra personality! We kept everything fresh and flirty for spring with a little splash of color on the eyes!”
Jamie's Cover Look:
- Sweep mark's Color Swing Mix It Up Palette in the light blue shade (middle) over the lids as well as in the creases.
- Next, apply the dark blue shade (right) at the outer corners of the lid and the yellow shade (left) along the inner corners of the eye.
- Run mark's No Place To Run Longwear Eyeliner in Indigo Girl along the upper lash line.
- Finish the eye, with two coats of mark's Lash Act Build and Define Mascara in Blackest Black.
- Swirl brush over mark's Blooming Pretty Highlighting Face Powder and dust onto apples of the cheeks.
- Apply mark's Lipclick Full Color Lipstick in Baby Luv and finish with mark's Juice Gems High Shine Lip Gloss in Snow Peach for an extra-glossy finish.
*This is a sponsored post for U by Kotex, who provided me products to review. You can get a free sample from U by Kotex too at http://bit.ly/107R90y and Do the Demo.
I am often asked what I carry around in my ridiculously large handbag. You see, I carry a very big Marry Poppins type bag, filled with all my daily necessities and possible needs. I feel naked without my bags and my things. I have tried in the past to downsize, but it is just not happening!
Here is what is currently in my handbag:
- Handbag by one of my favorite sites:64bags
- Tocca hand cream: Loving this rich, yet easily absorbed hand cream. The fragrance is not overwhelming, and it keeps my hands buttery soft.
- makeup kit with NARS, Orlane, ItCosmetics, Jouer and CoverGirl products for on the go touch ups.
- My current favorite book: Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
- To do list/notepad: I still like to write things down and make daily lists. A must!
Iphone and keys
- hair bands for my everyday ponytail needs.
- U by Kotex: I adore that these are packaged beautifully, so no one needs to know I am carrying around my lady things. They have the best protection, and perfect for on the go!
I wrote this review while participating in a content series through Crowdtap on behalf of U by Kotex, and received products to facilitate my post and compensation for my time to participate