1) Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation: A new favorite that is currently stashed in my purse. A pressed mineral foundation that provides a healthy, sheer to full coverage matte finish with oil-absorbing and moisturizing benefits. Its finish is never cakey or drying to the skin. Love the huge selection of colors.
2)Colorescience Pressed Foundation Compact:Unlike traditional pressed powders that go on thick, Colorescience Pro Pressed Mineral Foundation’s very concentrated pressed mineral pigment gives complete coverage with a weightless, non-drying feeling. A little goes a long way, and the coverage stays completely natural
3)Jane Iredale PurePressed Base Mineral Powder SPF 20: The Ultimate Multi-tasker. It works as a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one. Great for shading, highlighting, contouring and lining, this make-up really does it all.
4) Purely Cosmetics Mineral Foundation: A makeup artist staple. Not only is her foundation silky, and amazing for sensitive skin….but her diamond powder is in every celebrity makeup artist kit. The new formulation includes silk to hydrate your skin while absorbing excess oils, silica to blur the fine lines, jojoba to nourish your skin, and boron to reduce the visibility of pores.
5)Youngblood – Mineral Basics Collection: It’s cruelty free, and one of the most luxurious mineral makeup lines on the market. Another celebrity favorite. This line is perfect for those looking for full coverage or HD quality mineral foundation.
While I admit to being someone who is somewhat afraid of the fake tan (I have very traumatic oompa loompa experiences!), I have learned over the years how to make it work on my fair skin. It takes a great product like Beautisol, and an arsenal of prepping products, mistake fixers, and more. Here is the list of my 5 must have’s when I go in for the fake glow.
1) Xen-Tan ‘Hard to Reach’ Applicator: This is a god send. When you can’t find a friend or a boyfriend to help apply your fake tan on the dreaded back area, than reach for this magic wand. Place your product directly onto the back applicator and apply…it really is that easy! Why didn’t anyone think of this sooner?
2) Supergoop Sunscreen Swipe the one thing I am guilty of is forgetting to remember to put on my sunscreen after I tan. Keeping these handy wipes in my purse not only makes it easy to get protection on the go, but it ensures that your fake tan will be protected as well. Brilliant!
3) St. Tropez Tan Remover: Who among us hasn’t had a self tanning mishap? I know that I have had my fair share of streaks, and over-tanned elbows. This tan remover has been made by St. Tropez, which is one of the authorities in self tanning. This was designed to prevent hands and palms from becoming stained while correcting tanning mistakes! Just apply with water to the palms of the hands after applying the self tan.
4) Beautisol Prep & Glow System: Medium Mousse Formula: My current self tanner of choice. And, they make it ridiculously easy with this kit to get the perfect glow. This kit comes with an exfoliating mitt for your pre-tan prep, and an application mitt which makes applying your moose bronzer a breeze. I personally don’t know how I ever lived without the application mitt. It makes the tan look flawless. Another bonus? The moose dries quickly, so no gooey or messy wait time like most self tanners. Love!
5) Prtty Peaushun: Are you rocking your fake tan for a night out on the town? Than this lotion is an absolute must. I use it on all my clients as a finishing touch to make their skin look sexy and glowing. You can also use it on your face as a highlighter, and to enhance your Beautisol tan. Created by Celebrity Makeup Artist, Bethany Karlyn, this lotion has subtle light reflecting particles in a natural emollient base. It also conceals minor imperfections and enhances definition to create a sexy legs and diminish the appearance of cellulite stretch marks and varicose veins as well as minimizing bruising and sore muscles.
1) Dior Crème Abricot Fortifying Cream For Nails: This is a rich, creamy salve that nourishes and conditions cuticles to perfection. Created in 1963, Dior’s “Cult-favorite Magic Multi-tasker” is the key to truly terrific nails. This creamy salve encourages nail growth, improves nail strength, and conditions cuticles. It can be massaged into the base of nail pre- or post- polish. And did I mention it smells fantastic!
2) CND Solar Oil: This is such a fantastic oil to really smooth out your cuticles if they get cracked or weak.
1) MAKE UP FOR EVER Uplight Face Luminizer: Mix this with your foundation, or place anywhere you want to glow. An oil-free, luminizing gel that highlights the face for an ultra-natural glow. It contains more than 70% water for a fresh, lightweight texture as well as mango butter that creates a moisturizing effect. Formulated for the face and body, this product adds a healthy glow to your skin that will last all day.
2) LORAC Perfectly Lit Oil-Free Luminizing Powder: I use this on top of cheekbones, and on the eyelids for the perfect luminous touch. This silky oil-free powder instantly puts your face in its best light, giving your skin a luminous Red Carpet glow.
3) Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl in Golden Pink: When I am feeling blah, I use this in place of a primer. Its sheer, light-reflecting formula in a fresh, raspberry scent glides on smoothly for a breathtakingly radiant complexion. Wear it alone for a youthful dewy glow, or over makeup for lustrous “pearlessence.”
4) Too Faced Absolutely Invisible Candlelight Powder in Sheer Gold: Referred to me by Kevin James Bennett, this powder is a god send. A multitasking translucent powder infused with illuminating gold powder. Inspired by actual candlelight, this product is formulated to set makeup while imparting a soft-focused glow. For all its immediate, “glowing” results, it’s also packed with a powerful dose of skin-saving antioxidants that protect and soothe tired skin as the golden-peachy tone warms and illuminates any complexion—reducing the appearance of fine lines and imperfections.
5) Fresh Satin Luster Face Palette Satin Luster Face Palette 3: Buff on a gorgeous glow with this palette of weightless, creamy shimmers that instantly illuminate the skin. Enriched with rejuvenating evening primrose seed oil and nourishing meadowfoam seed oil, these satin lusters create a soft iridescence that makes the skin look like it’s glowing from within.
1) Dior Diorshow Mascara Black : The original, award-winning Dior mascara that has been a backstage cult-favorite for 10 years. This mascara delivers perfectly plush, everyday glam lashes with an innovative XXL brush for maximum show-stopping volume. Its creamy, buildable, customizable formula allows you to achieve the same dramatic lash volume that can be seen on the Dior runway for a glamorous, false lash effect.
2) Benefit “They’re Real!”: A jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts, and separates lashes for a spectacular “out-to-here” look. This mascara features an exclusive brush specially designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing, glossy formula revealing lashes you never knew you had! Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length and volume beyond belief.
3)Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash: A mascara that gives the lashes curl, volume, length, and intense pigment. This ultra-pigmented mascara was specially designed to give the lashes an exceptional volume-enhancing effect with infinite lengthening and immediate curling.
4) CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher: A new favorite! Beautifully Separated Lashes Clump Crusher by LashBlast mascara delivers 200% more volume with zero clumps for beautifully separated lashes. Clump crusher s innovative curved brush features a lash loading section to saturate lashes with loads of product and fine-tooth comb bristles to evenly distribute mascara.
5) Sephora Favorites Lash Stash: Can’t choose? Try them all! From formulas that stretch to wands that curl to falsies that flutter, this eye-opening set features Sephora’s best mascaras along with a lash primer and set of false lashes. It includes two full-size mascaras from Smashbox and Fiberwig as well as eight bestselling deluxe-size mascaras featuring Benefit They’re Real, Lancôme Hypnôse Drama, Sephora Collection Outrageous, Tarte Lights Camera Lashes, Korres Volcanic Minerals, Buxom Lash, Clinique High Impact, and Stila Stay all Day Mascara. Also included is a bonus deluxe size of Tarte’s multipleye lash enchancer—the perfect base for any mascara. A full set of Sephora Collection Flutter Lashes is also included for the gal who just wants more.
1) Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser: Radiant, clear skin is within your reach. For dull, congested skin, Mario Badescu’s lathering deep cleanser has the exfoliating power of glycolic acid to break down build-up from skin’s surface, reduce minor discoloration and minimize clogged pores which can cause pimples.
2) Philosophy Purity Made Simple: You do not need a makeup remover and a toner to complete the cleansing process. Most cleansers are formulated to foam, push around, and hopefully rinse away dirt and makeup. ‘purity made simple’ was formulated to actually emulsify and dissolve dirt, embedded debris and makeup rather than creating a lot of foam without a lot of clean. Nothing takes makeup off better!
3) Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Facial Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit: An oldie but goodie! Still one of my favorite washes when I start to breakout. This newest version has an uplifting blast of grapefruit plus vitamin c, this unique formula clears blemishes and blackheads. Eliminates oil and dirt without over-drying.
4) Jurlique Rose Moisture Plus Moisturizing Cleanser: I personally love how moisturizer, and creamy this lathering cleanser is. It is a lightly whipped, high-performance cleanser with an antioxidant complex and skin conditioning ingredients that dissolve impurities and help moisturize the skin. It also provides immediate and lasting hydration to the skin’s surface.
1) Estee Lauder ‘Double Wear’ Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer: Looks flawless for 15 hours!! Feels comfortable, never dry and stays seamlessly without creasing. The lightweight, transfer-resistant cream formula is infused with minerals and emollients to condition skin and make blending easy for a luminous finish that lasts. Water-, perspiration- and humidity-resistant. Thank you!
2) Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer Honey: A makeup-artist favorite, Cle de Peau Beaute concealer continues to win major awards year after year. Why? It is the best! Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections. Tip: For lighter skin tones, the Honey shade can be used underneath your matching concealer as a color corrector for truly dark areas
3)Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Sc-4: The best one-two punch for discoloration and dark circles. Secret Camouflage contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin’s depth of color and one to match the skin’s undertone. It helps to conceal redness, blemishes and age spots for a more even appearance.
4) MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Concealer 345 Dark Beige: The perfect peach.This concealer creates a soft-focus effect, brightening the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, radiant look. Perfect even under the harsh light of HD cameras.
5) Orlane Highlighter: A highlighting complexion pen that needs to be kept in your purse at all times! Areas of shadow and signs of fatigue are chased away for instant light diffusion. The formula is enriched with smoothing, draining and filtering active ingredients with a soft focus effect.