The always stunning and fellow redhead Jessica Chastain looked like a classic goddess at The 87th Academy Awards. Here is how to achieve her easy, and skin loving look:
Makeup by Kristofer Buckle for Kiehl’s
“Before we began, I applied a layer of Kiehl’s Creme De Corps to make sure Jessica’s arms, legs, and décolletage were as flawless as her face. Applying the lotion first gave it plenty of time to absorb.”
- I then used my Kristofer Buckle Always Flawless Day to Night Palette and YSL Couture Variation Palette to create a soft brown winged eye.
- By using shadow, I was able to create a softer look than liquid liner.
- YSL Volume Waterproof Mascara was applied to add drama to her eyes. To finish the look,
I used Kristofer Buckle Absolute Nude Lip Crayon in Nude Subdued over Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 for a clean, sophisticated lip.
Margot Robbie sizzled on the red carpet at Sunday’s 87th Academy Awards. The sultry Australian actress, a presenter at the awards ceremony, looked breathtaking in a black Saint Laurent dress, a vintage Van Cleef & Arpels necklace and fiery orange-red lips. "We were inspired by old Hollywood glamour and wanted to make a statement," says makeup artist Tyron Macchausen. "It's the Oscars after all."
Skin: Tyron began by prepping the skin with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to ensure a flawless makeup application. He then used Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in Honey & Beige on her skin and Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Sand under the eyes.
Cheeks: He lightly contoured with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light, and then applied Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light as a highlight on her cheekbones.
Brows: He used a combination of Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Blonde and Soft Brunette to add dimension to her brows.
Eyes: He kept her eyelids bare and only applied Hourglass 1.5 mm Mechanical Gel Eyeliner to the inside of her lash line. He followed with several coats of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara to her top lashes.
Lips: He lined her lips with Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Raven, followed by Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven, for a pop of matte orange-red.
Celebrity makeup artist Dawn Broussard worked with America Ferrera for the 87th Annual Academy Awards on Sunday, February 22nd in Los Angeles, CA. See below for details on America's beautiful look!
"America's Jenny Packham dress was soft, ethereal and flowing with elegance. Her makeup was classic with hints of spunk and glamour that came from a bronzed and pewter palette."
GET THE LOOK:
LIPS: Chanel Rouge Coco in Adrienne was used on her lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Pencil in Pink Venus to softly line and define."
*Hair by Christian Wood
This weekend will be all about the red carpet...it is Oscar time baby! I have always loved the glitz and glamour of the award shows, and last weekend I had the opportunity to be treated like a star. It was amazing, and fascinating all the same time. CoverGirl and Herbal Essences treated a few bloggers to a "red carpet" worthy beauty day where we got to try out some of the celebrity makeup artists favorite products. Here was the breakdown and some of their amazing tips!
CoverGirl celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey:
Jake Bailey is one of the best makeup artists in the business, and his clients include Katy Perry and Gwen Stefani. To say I was thrilled to have him paint my face is the understatement of the year! I told him about my upcoming wedding, and he gave me a classic red carpet look that was wedding worthy. He also used the same lipstick on me that he applied to Katy Perry for the Grammys... LOVE me some Tempting Toffee.
- Jake started by using a kabuki brush to buff in CoverGirl 3in1 foundation. This is his favorite foundation for red carpet because of it's fuller coverage and staying power
- Next he used Ready Set Gorgeous concealer to mask my dark circles and highlight along my nose. He says he always prefers liquid underneath the eyes instead of a cream, which can crease.
- For blush he swiped a soft, delicate peach that was subtle and perfect for everyday.
- This look was all about the eyes, and he spent most of the time tight lining my upper eyelash and creating a very subtle, yet effecting cat eye. The CoverGirl liquid eyeliner is perfect because the handle is small and allows you to get impossible close to the eyelash for maximum drama.
- For eyeshadow he swept a stunning taupe and champagne shimmer on the lid. The focus was all about the liner and lashes.
- Last, but not least, he used his famous "credit card trick" to coat my lashes and give me that false lash look. Simply place a credit card near the lash and brush upward. The lashes will push against the credit card, giving you full control and allowing you to coat every lash with mascara. He used my all time favorite CoverGirl Lash Blast!
Herbal Essences celebrity hairstyist Charles Strahan:
Charles is behind so many red carpet looks, and I can tell why he is a celebrity favorite. He instantly made me feel comfortable in his chair, and guided me through my look with such kindness, humor, and education. Let me tell you, I am always a nervous nelly when it comes to getting my hair done. I have crazy big hair, and most stylists can make me look like I am on a parade float. But not Charles! He taught me to love hair moose again, and to embrace "hair imperfection". He told me that "perfection is the enemy of a good hairstyle" and that "you want your hair to have life!". YES SIR. He gave me loose tousled waves, and introduced me to the new Wild Naturals line by Herbal Essences, which has been in my beauty rotation ever since.
- Use a 1 1/2 inch curling iron and start mid shaft. Never start your curl at the bottom or at the roots. Slowly move the curler down the hair shaft, and release. To get a looser finish, pull on the ends before the hair cools.
- Don't be afraid of hair moose. Long gone are the days of crunch curls! I loved Herbal Essences Volumizing Souffle because it gave me texture and helped the curls have movement.
- Charles also demonstrated the new spray shine and said it was a great example of hydrating the hair without weighing it down.
Celebrity hairstylist Michael Silva and celebrity makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic worked with Kim Kardashian for the 57th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 8th in Los Angeles, CA. Here is how to recreate the look!
HAIRSTYLIST MICHAEL SILVA BEAUTY INSPIRATION:
"Our inspiration was a reference I pulled of an editorial image of the eternally cool Kate Moss.”
GET THE LOOK:
MAKEUP ARTIST MARIO DEDIVANOVIC BEAUTY INSPIRATION:
"The dress was a champagne color vintage Gaultier so I went with green and golden metallics on her eyes."
GET THE LOOK:
BLUSH: I used NARS Blush in Orgasm on the cheeks and Eye M Glam Highlighter on the cheek bones and bridge of the nose to highlight.
LIPS: On the lips we went for a classic Kim K. nude which she loves. I used Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in Naked.
BODY: For the body I used Supermodel Body by Charlotte Tilbury."
HAIRSTYLIST MARANDA WIDLUND
"We went for an homage to Anita Ekberg in La Dolce Vita. A sleek middle part with sexy tousled curls in the back. Very glam!”
GET THE LOOK:
Sofia Vergara always knocks it out of the park on the red carpet, and last night was no different! Here we share the beauty breakdown, starting with the step-by-step hair tutorial for her shiny straight style followed by the breakdown to achieve her easy to recreate makeup.
First, Sofia’s stylist, celeb hair guru Kylee Heath shares her tips on how to get the gorgeous smooth and sexy look. Follow Kylee’s step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be ready to make your red carpet debut!
1. Start with Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky for a flake-free part and 24-hour frizz control
2. Create a straight center part on damp hair
3. Blow dry the top front section, away from your face, with a boar bristle round brush. Roll the section under itself and pin into place to cool
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in two square inch sections and pin each section in place then wait for all sections to cool. Once cool, take out each section and brush it
5. With a 1 ½ inch curling iron, add a slight bend to the shorter front layers
6. Finish by spraying with light hairspray for extra hold
Next, Sofia’s makeup artist complemented her Art Deco style with a retro lip and a fresh modern eye. With the white and silver dress, white diamonds and simple hair, the makeup called for a pop of color. See the breakdown below of Sofia’s glamorous look.
- I used a short haired buffing foundation brush to really buff the foundation, truBLEND Liquid Foundation in Classic Tan D-4, into the skin.
- I then used a touch of bronzer (Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices) on the forehead, cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose.
- I added a pop of blush, Clean Glow Blush in Peaches, on the apples of the cheeks to give the look some warmth.
- The focus was really about the lip, so I needed a long lasting lip product that would last all night through the red carpet, award show AND parties.
- I didn't want the lip to look too dry so I chose Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever-Reddy as it is super pigmented and would give that punch of color while still looking like a shiny candy apple!
- I lined the lip with a matching pencil, LipPerfection Lipliner in Passion.