Peaches and Cream Summer looks are all about the combination of sexy and sweet and there are few starlets as synonymous with this combo as the beautiful Eva Mendes! No matter what look she attempts she never fails and is known for her seemingly effortless yet flawless beauty. Read on to see how you can recreate Eva’s peaches and cream glow (a perfect face for summer)!
FACE: To begin, ditch those heavy foundations, you’ll want your skin to breath.
- If you’re in your 20’s opt for a BB Cream but ladies 30 and up can get a flawless face with the new Camera Ready CC Cream by Smashbox. This product is complexion perfection in a tube and offers amazing coverage without looking or feeling heavy.
- Next, dust the T-zone (forehead, nose, and chin) with a light, loose powder like this one from NARS. For a true peaches and cream glow, skip the chalky powdered blush and opt for a cream or gel blush like Makeup Forever’s HD Microfinish Blush in the shade Salmon Pink. Use your fingers to dab along the apples of the cheeks for an ‘inside out’ kind of glow.
EYES: Eva’s looks are typically centered on the eyes, and her brows are perhaps the strongest feature of her entire face.
- For eyes like Eva’s, skip dark, heavy eye shadows. Instead, grab a black eyeliner pencil like Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay in Place Eye Pencil in Onyx, line the top lash line and the bottom waterline, then use the sponge tip to smudge slightly.
- Next apply several coats of black mascara like Benefit’s BADGal for eyes that really pop!
- Finally, frame the face with beautiful, full brows buy filling in your natural brow line with brow powder from E.L.F.
- To complete the look, give lips a delicious pop of color (and SPF20 protections), with Kaplan MD’s Lip 20 Treatment in Sheer Peach.
Rock this look with a fearless mini and gorgeous waves or pull hair into an innocent up-do and pair with a sweet sundress. Either way you’ll be peaches and cream perfection!
by Sian Bitner Kearney
I adore Helen Mirren. I want to be as stunningly ferocious when I grow up. To me, she is just so ridiculously cool, calm, sexy, and all around great. I think she looked stunning, confident, and amazing. Enjoy!
Cohl Katz – Makeup:
- I applied Chanel Lumiere with foundation brush.
- Bobby Brown concealer palette under eyes
- Laura Mercier shadow palette mixed with Stila shadows
- Nars charcoal pencil around eyes and soften with shadow
- Chanel rose Beige blush on cheeks
- MAC Soar lip pencil on lips with light gloss
HAIR: Jonathan Hanousek – Hair:
“Helen’s Dolce & Gabbana gold embroidered dress was very ornate so I really needed to keep the hair chic, sleek and simple. Keeping the hair off her face kept the look clean and modern”
- I started with Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion on damp hair and blew the hair back using a medium round brush to create some volume throughout the top of the head.
- Next I sprayed TIGI Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Conditioner through out the hair to give it a bit of a next day vibe.
- Then using a flatiron I pressed the hair behind the ears and below her occipital so it would lay flat.
- Next I took a dime size dollop of Davines Nº5 Mat Pliable Stucco For Wizards and worked it in my hands raking it though the hair to create separation and to anchor the hair behind her ears.
- To prevent the look from becoming a pompadour, I directed the hair into an irregular side part.
- Once the shape was in place I secured everything with Kerastase Double Force finishing hairspray.
- The final look felt fresh and easy and complimented Helen’s elaborate dress.
Whether it’s her eccentric role as Gloria on Modern Family or her recent character as sous chef Ava in the New Year’s Eve, you have to admit this Columbian cutie has loads of personality and looks. For the 2013 SAG Awards, Vergara kept her makeup simple but sexy, channeling one of the great sex symbols of the past, Sofia Loren.
- Much like a great painting, true beauty starts with a great canvas.
- For skin that is flawless and glowing without too much shine, apply Diorskin Forever Flawless foundation to face with a foundation brush.
- Create a glow that lasts all night with a coral cream blush like Vincent Longo Water Canvas Blush in Tuscan Spell.
- Apply to apples of cheeks with your fingertips and then blend with a brush as needed.
- Much like Loren, Vergara’s look is all about the eyes. To create a smoky but naturally sexy look, avoid dark black shadows and opt for a subtler brown like this one from Beauty is Life.
- Apply to lids and use as a liner for the bottom lash line.
- Next, apply a black gel liner to the top lash line, staying as close to the lashes as possible and then create a slightly dramatic wing at the corners.
- We like Smashbox Jetset Waterproof liner for a look that lasts right on through the after party!
- Finish the eyes with several coats of black lengthening mascara like this one from Napoleon Perdis for eyes that are flirty and fabulous!
- With the rest of the look being so neutral, the lips are a great place to add a pop of color. Try a medium pink for a perfect pout like Coral Pink from Koh Gen Do.
- Top your look with some sexy waves and a daring dress and you’ve mastered a look that no paparazzi can resist!
“The inspiration for Darby’s braided updo stemmed from the neck line of her Rachel Zoe LBD. The dress felt strong, a bit military almost. Once paired with the red heels I knew it had to go up and that something casual wouldn’t do. I decided to go for a fun but strong, textured braided updo.”
GET THE LOOK:
I started on second day hair by adding Bumble and bumble Surf Infusion. After a quick blow dry and tousle to set the product, I created a middle part.
- Next I created a dutch braid on each side of the head starting at the front parting, braiding down, following the natural hairline, ending the dutch braids just behind the ear.
- Once each side was braided, I pulled the braids apart and dusted them with Kevin Murphy Powder Puff to add texture and thickness.
- In the back, from the top of the crown to the nape of the neck, I created four more braids. Two fishtail braids at the corner of each side of the nape of the neck and two regular braids with the hair that was left over.
- After all the braids were set, dusted with Kevin Murphys Powder Puff for texture and thickness, and pulled apart, I began to assemble the braids – this is where you can get creative.
- I brought the fishtail braids that started at the nape of the neck up and towards the face. With hair pins I secured them just under the Dutch braids and crossed them over the middle part.
- At the back of the head, I rolled all the braids together and secured the plaits flat against the head and secured with hair pins. I added a gold bar barrette for a little flair.
- To finish the look, I used my fingers to bring out little pieces around her face to soften the look.
I used Pantene Pro-V Anti-humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray. And she was off!”
Follow Bridget and The Wall Group on Instagram: @bridgetbragerhair, @thewallgroup
by Christina Farrell
Celebrity Looks, Get The Look, Haircare
Tagged celebrity beauty looks, celebrity beauty tips, celebrity braids, celebrity hair tips, Darby Stanchfield, how to do braids, Scandal Abby, Scandal beauty, Scandal style
The always stunning and fellow redhead Jessica Chastain looked like a classic goddess at The 87th Academy Awards. Here is how to achieve her easy, and skin loving look:
Makeup by Kristofer Buckle for Kiehl’s
“Before we began, I applied a layer of Kiehl’s Creme De Corps to make sure Jessica’s arms, legs, and décolletage were as flawless as her face. Applying the lotion first gave it plenty of time to absorb.”
- I then used my Kristofer Buckle Always Flawless Day to Night Palette and YSL Couture Variation Palette to create a soft brown winged eye.
- By using shadow, I was able to create a softer look than liquid liner.
- YSL Volume Waterproof Mascara was applied to add drama to her eyes. To finish the look,
I used Kristofer Buckle Absolute Nude Lip Crayon in Nude Subdued over Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 for a clean, sophisticated lip.
Margot Robbie sizzled on the red carpet at Sunday’s 87th Academy Awards. The sultry Australian actress, a presenter at the awards ceremony, looked breathtaking in a black Saint Laurent dress, a vintage Van Cleef & Arpels necklace and fiery orange-red lips. “We were inspired by old Hollywood glamour and wanted to make a statement,” says makeup artist Tyron Macchausen. “It’s the Oscars after all.”
Skin: Tyron began by prepping the skin with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer to ensure a flawless makeup application. He then used Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup in Honey & Beige on her skin and Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Sand under the eyes.
Cheeks: He lightly contoured with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light, and then applied Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light as a highlight on her cheekbones.
Brows: He used a combination of Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Blonde and Soft Brunette to add dimension to her brows.
Eyes: He kept her eyelids bare and only applied Hourglass 1.5 mm Mechanical Gel Eyeliner to the inside of her lash line. He followed with several coats of Hourglass Film Noir Mascara to her top lashes.
Lips: He lined her lips with Hourglass Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Raven, followed by Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven, for a pop of matte orange-red.
Celebrity makeup artist Dawn Broussard worked with America Ferrera for the 87th Annual Academy Awards on Sunday, February 22nd in Los Angeles, CA. See below for details on America’s beautiful look!
“America’s Jenny Packham dress was soft, ethereal and flowing with elegance. Her makeup was classic with hints of spunk and glamour that came from a bronzed and pewter palette.”
GET THE LOOK:
LIPS: Chanel Rouge Coco in Adrienne was used on her lips with Charlotte Tilbury Lip Pencil in Pink Venus to softly line and define.”
*Hair by Christian Wood