Celebrity hairstylist Kylee Heath worked with Diane Kruger for the premiere of FX’s “The Bridge” on Monday, July 7th. The look was an intense, and gorgeous take on a braided updo. Perfect for summer nights!
GET THE LOOK:
- First, I sprayed Leonor Greyl Spray Structure Naturelle from roots through ends and rough dried the hair, blowing it in all directions.
- Then, I created a part from the top of left ear, straight over the head, to the top of the right ear.
- I broke the section into two, creating a center part and clipped away both sections.
- Starting at the back of the center part, I then created two partings creating a triangle section in the back.
- The left over hair on either side of the triangle was also then clipped away leaving only the triangle section unclipped.
- I did an inside out French braid (cornrow) on the triangle section and secured at the base of the neck with a clear rubber band.
- Next, I took down the clipped away sections.
- I gave the roots a light tease for volume, lightly pulled them back and created a loose French braid (over the top of the triangle sectioned cornrow).
- Braiding the hair until only about 2 1/2 in was left, I secured with a clear rubber band and lightly loosened up the braid.
- I finished the look with Kevin Murphy Strong Hold Hairspray and Kevin Murphy Easy Rider .
Whether you love to flat iron in some chic, blow dry in some volume, or curl in some sexy, every heat styling diva needs some protection. Well style away ladies because Moroccanoil has you covered with their new Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection!
The 411: This lightweight (and amazing smelling) spray, prevents hair from breakage and spilt ends, shields hair from color fading, and provides an amazing healthy shine all while allowing you to turn up the heat and rock the latest and greatest in fashionable styles. I recently purchased this product from my hairdresser per her suggestion and can honestly say I am so happy that I did!
How to Use: Per the website-
Before styling: Divide dry hair into small sections, spray 1 pump on each piece 8-10 inches away from the hair prior to using any hot styling tools.
Before blow drying: Spray Heat Styling Protection on towel-dried hair for added protection and shine.
The Result: To be honest, I totally love it! Having gone through some hair nightmares in the past, I’ve spent the last couple of years terrified of heat styling. This spray provides amazing protection, smoothes my hair shaft (putting an end to frizzies), and leaves it looking shiny and full of volume. Only one word of caution; don’t over use. As the directions say, 1 pump per strand is efficient. Spray it and then brush it through to distribute evenly. Using too much of the product will leave your hair feeling a bit gummy and weighed down, but the proper amount is styling perfection. So grab your favorite hot tool and get to work ladies. You have many of great hair days in your future with this little bottle by your side!
Kate Middleton's famous half up hairstyle: "It is very easy, practical and should take less than 10 minutes to complete," explains Latest-Hairstyles.com guest contributor Natalia Simmons. "The great thing about it is that it can work on many hair types, lengths, and styles. You can keep it straight, or try it with curly hair. However you do it, I hope you give this Kate Middleton hair tutorial a try. Enjoy having princess hair for a day!"
- It’s best to start with mostly straight smooth hair, but a bit of curl at the bottom. This seems to be a favorite look of Kate’s.
- Then tease your hair at the crown and back a bit, but not all the way to the nape of the neck, just at the top.
- Create a mini bouffant, like a mini snooki poof, but just at the crown of your head, leaving out the front. Secure with two bobby pins going straight across.
- Start on one side, it doesn’t matter which, and take the front section of hair that you had left out. Pull it back and across, twisting at the end. Secure on the far side of the half up.
- Repeat step 3 but with the remaining side securing on the opposite side as well.
going back to the side you started with, take a section of hair from under the first section and pull over and across, lightly twisting as you go. Secure with a bobby pin on the far side, so the hair is brought all the way over.
- Repeat step 5 with the other side.
Voila! You’re done! You can fluff a little, smooth it out or add some hair pins to make sure there are no bald spots showing, but other than that, you’re done!
Celebrity hairstylist Bridget Brager worked with Jenna Dewan-Tatum for the Los Angeles premiere of “ 22 Jump Street" on Tuesday, June 10th. Jenna's gorgeous look is complemented by her effortless hairstyle. To get Jenna's hair, follow 7 simple steps!
Our hair is constantly abused and exposed to the elements, but rarely do we take the same care to nourish and protect it like we do our skin. The discovery of Argan Oil now gives us the chance to undo the damage and start truly caring for our hair. I've fallen for Agadir International's incredible line of Argan Oil infused hair care products and my hair has never looked better.
I'm fairly picky about hair products as many tend to either dry out my hair or make it oily. Yet, the Argan Oil leave-in conditioners did not turn my hair into a greasy mess. Perfection! What I love most about Agadir International's line is each product is carefully formulated to provide the right amount of moisture while repairing each damaged strand.
Imagine treating your hair to natural antioxidants, healing Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and carotenes that nourish, repair and protect against future damage. Sounds great right? If other products have left you less than impressed, give Agadir's daily shampoos and conditioners a try. They're great for all hair types, included color treated. If you'd rather start smaller, I recommend starting off with their hair treatments or shields just to see how badly your hair craves the special attention.
Everything you need to wash, treat, repair and even style your hair is available complete with Argan Oil. Most products start around $20, but it's far less than you'd pay for salon treatments. After you see what your hair should look and feel like, you'll realize these products are priceless.
TRY IT FOR YOURSELF!
When it comes to anti-aging products for the face, most women have had their favorite product picked out and well stocked since practically birth. However, there is a new concept in the world of anti-aging and this one has nothing to do with your skin. Instead, the new focus is the hair; restoring youthful texture, bounce and shine and even preventing frizziness and damage. While these amazing elixirs can be found everywhere from your local drugstore to your tried and true salon, here are our top three picks that you definitely need to try!
#1 - Kerastase Initialiste Advanced Scalp and Hair Concentrate - $60
Even though this product is arguably a bit on the pricey side, you certainly do get what you pay for. The product is in a serum form, and a little goes a very long way. Use it to ban dry, frizzy ends, to add thickness to fine and thinning hair or even to add some extra luster to hair that’s been looking a bit dull lately.
#2 - Alterna Caviar Cream - $25
This magic maker is a cream fomula and packs a pretty powerful punch for the price. It can be used as a leave in conditioner to protect against heat styling, or used after hair is styled to give a bit of hold, to smooth out rough ends, and provide some serious shine.
#3 - Pantene BB Cream - $6
If you’re looking for a budget friendly product that still gets the job done, this should be your go-to product. The Pantene BB Cream actually promises to do more than just protect and add shine, it claims to do 10 (that’s right – 10) different and wonderful things for your hair such as: repair rough hair, protect against damage, make hair silkier, provide a brilliant shine, smooth the hair shaft, provide extra moisture to the hair, control frizz, provide heat protection, make hair more manageable and tame flyaways. With this many pros coupled with a seriously affordable price, we can’t think of a single reason why this shouldn’t be at the top of every woman’s beauty drawer.
By Lauren Fischer for The Style Glossy
Think your daily hair care routine is full of healthy hair choices? You may be surprised to discover that you’re unwittingly wreaking havoc on your tresses. Eliminate these five common mistakes and give your hair the TLC it deserves.
1. Rushing from dryer to flat iron. Following a hasty blow dry with a flat or curling iron to perfect a style is likely to sizzle your strands.