Take a journey to Bali as you relax and discover both inner and outer beauty at the Hylunia Wellness Day Spa in Costa Mesa, CA. The experience is one you'll never forget. Not only does the spa focus on physical treatments, but mental ones as well. Their idea is to relax you before your treatments ever begin by giving you a virtual tour of a beautiful Bali beach. This 15 min meditation experience was unbelievable and put me into a deep state of relaxation even before my treatment! The relaxation room alone is worth the visit for many to strip away stress.
Hylunia seeks to restore you both mentally and physically using a holistic approach. Their treatments utilize Hylunia's own organic and specially formulated products. Each treatment is catered specifically to your own unique needs to give you the best experience possible. I was able to experience their signature facials, and I was floored with how relaxed and calming the environment was. Normally, I am so not a facial girl....but this changed my mind. My skin felt soft and clean, and the therapist pampered me with a foot massage as my face masks sank in. It was divine.
From facials and detoxification to yoga and massages, this spa has your total well-being covered. They even offer cooking and weight management programs to help you continue to become a better you. Throughout the entire process, you feel pampered like never before. Not only will you look more radiant, but you'll feel lighter as the stress melts away. That alone is worth everything during our stressed out world.
At only $50 per visit without a membership, it's well worth giving yourself a spa day at Hylunia. Of course, you're probably going to want a membership and all its perks after you discover just how relaxing and refreshing this day spa truly is! I can honestly say this is one of my favorite new treasures in Orange County.
Until Sept. 30, 2014, purchase a Hylunia membership at a 20% discount. The cost is normally $50 with no monthly fees or annual dues. You can purchase your Hylunia Spa membership on your first visit to the spa. Use code BLOGGER2014 to get the deal. With your membership, you may schedule any one service you choose for free! (Maximum 75 minutes, up to a $130 value).
More about the spa!
- The spa offers Custom Massages, Chakra Balancing Massages, Stress Relief- Fire Therapy, Meditation Therapy, Shirodhara Ritual Massage, Pre-and Post Natal Massages, Couples Massage and Hot Stone Massages.
- The yoga classes are created for the whole family, ranging from beginners to expert level classes. Some of their amazing offerings are Restorative Yoga, Couples Candlelight Yoga, Stress Reduction Lunchtime Yoga, Family Yoga, Happy Reggae Fun Flow Yoga, and Dancing Yoga Classes.
I never start summer without a bottle of aloe vera around to handle any random sunburns. As it turns out, aloe isn't just for the summer months. Key West Aloe makes this amazing natural ingredient a year round must have. Their line of aloe infused skin care products are designed to make your skin look smoother, younger and healthier. Even though I have very dry skin I must admit that I hate applying moisturizer during the heat…this line solves my dilemma! Not only does it feel cooling on the skin, but it sinks in immediately and doesn’t leave a sticky, heavy film on the skin. Another benefit is that it works wonderfully for both men and women. The packaging is clean, unisex and sleek. I have found Mike grabbing for these products more than once!
The line targets everything from dryness to anti-aging. It all starts with aloe vera which already contains magnesium, zinc, calcium and amino acids. It also has hundreds of micro-nutrients and vitamins A, C and E. I couldn't believe how good aloe really is for your skin. Combine this with Key West Aloe's skin loving formulas for the skin you've only dreamed about.
I personally love the Environmental Defense Cream With SPF 15 for everyday moisture. From facial scrubs to night time recovery serums, this line has your face completely covered. With varying percentages of aloe in each formula, you skin gets exactly what it needs to maintain a healthy pH, fight the signs of aging and stay moisturized no matter what season it is.
Try just one product in their line and you'll be hooked. Trust me, you'll never see aloe the same way again. It's definitely become my new best friend.
Ready to see what aloe vera can do for your skin? Check out these products at www.keywestaloe.com and use promo code BeautyStat at check-out to receive 30% OFF your purchase!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This post and the giveaway was sponsored by BeautyStat. All opinions are my own.
Sofia Vergara always knocks it out of the park on the red carpet, and last night was no different! Here we share the beauty breakdown, starting with the step-by-step hair tutorial for her shiny straight style followed by the breakdown to achieve her easy to recreate makeup.
First, Sofia’s stylist, celeb hair guru Kylee Heath shares her tips on how to get the gorgeous smooth and sexy look. Follow Kylee’s step-by-step instructions below and you’ll be ready to make your red carpet debut!
1. Start with Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky for a flake-free part and 24-hour frizz control
2. Create a straight center part on damp hair
3. Blow dry the top front section, away from your face, with a boar bristle round brush. Roll the section under itself and pin into place to cool
4. Blow dry the rest of your hair in two square inch sections and pin each section in place then wait for all sections to cool. Once cool, take out each section and brush it
5. With a 1 ½ inch curling iron, add a slight bend to the shorter front layers
6. Finish by spraying with light hairspray for extra hold
Next, Sofia’s makeup artist complemented her Art Deco style with a retro lip and a fresh modern eye. With the white and silver dress, white diamonds and simple hair, the makeup called for a pop of color. See the breakdown below of Sofia’s glamorous look.
- I used a short haired buffing foundation brush to really buff the foundation, truBLEND Liquid Foundation in Classic Tan D-4, into the skin.
- I then used a touch of bronzer (Clean Glow Bronzer in Spices) on the forehead, cheekbones and down the bridge of the nose.
- I added a pop of blush, Clean Glow Blush in Peaches, on the apples of the cheeks to give the look some warmth.
- The focus was really about the lip, so I needed a long lasting lip product that would last all night through the red carpet, award show AND parties.
- I didn't want the lip to look too dry so I chose Outlast All Day Lipcolor in Ever-Reddy as it is super pigmented and would give that punch of color while still looking like a shiny candy apple!
- I lined the lip with a matching pencil, LipPerfection Lipliner in Passion.
At last nights Emmy Awards Jessica Lange took home a statue, and proved that you can be sultry and sexy at any age! Her makeup artist Georgie Eisdell shares his tips and the products he used to get her soft and smokey look:
"Jessica had a little rock and roll going on this year for the Emmys. A modern version of. However my inspiration for Jessica Lange is always Jessica herself. She is a true beauty. I like to keep her makeup classic and smokey. I focused mostly on her eyes and brows."
GET THE LOOK:
LIPS: To finish off Jessica's look I used Kevyn Aucoin Matt Lip Color in Infinite.
Katy Perry's VMA look tonight was quintessential Katy. Bright red lips, black liquid liner and big lashes!
Celebrity makeup artist Jake Bailey shared how he got her prepped for the night!
CHEEKS and LIPS:
This is such a great, classic look! I love the take on the bright red lip, using one of my favorite lines, Jouer. Below is a full breakdown of Nina's fiery look, created by Celebrity Makeup Artist, Beau Nelson and Celebrity Hairstylist, Riawna Capri.
“I wanted to keep Nina looking fresh and sophisticated, so I decided to echo her dress color in her lips. I kept the rest of the face neutral and softly contoured emphasizing her perfect skin and beautiful bone structure." - Beau Nelson
Brows were an important focal point. I used Anastasia Brow Pencil in Dark Brown and Brow Powder in Taupe to define brows leaving them soft but strong.
I used Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint mixed with Armani Designer Lift to perfect already beautiful skin and covered any redness using Cinema Secrets Concealer.
Cheeks were contoured with Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate and Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. I used NARS Multiple in South Beach to add a little bit of bronze glow to the face.
Nina applied her own individual flash lashes with her fingers (amazing!) and I coated them and her natural lashes with a light cost of L’Oreal Carbon Black Mascara.
Lips took center stage with Jouer Hydrating Lipstick in Ava, which I applied with an Urban Decay lip brush for precision.
The final touch was MAC Clear Lipglass on eyelids to make them look almost plastic coated, which I found to be an interesting contrast of texture between her satin texture skin and her semi matte vivid red orange.”
“The back of Nina’s [Zuhair Murad] dress had an intricate and cool design with a tassel tie hanging from the back, and we wanted to be able to show that off. We opted for a texturized high ponytail with lots of volume.” – Riawna Capri
- First, Capri gave Dobrev a beautiful, voluminous blow out with a ROUND brush to give the hair the perfect foundation to create a ponytail with lots of texture.
- Before blowing out the hair, Capri applied Garnier Fructis Sky-Hi Volume Mousse to damp hair to ensure maximum volume is achieved in the blow out.
- Next, Capri put TWO BIG ROLLERS IN THE BANG AREA to give extra lift at the roots and sprayed it with Garnier Fructis Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hair Spray before pulling the hair back into a high ponytail using A HOOK RUBBERBAND.
- To hide the ponytail hook, Capri took a small piece of hair, braided it into a skinny braid and wrapped it around the ponytail hook.
- Capri used a 1 1/4 Hot Tools NexGen Curling Iron to curl the hair vertically, but leaving the ends a bit straight.
- She then used Garnier Fructis De-Constructed Texture Tease Dry Touch Finish Spray all over the ponytail to give it body.
- Afterwards, Capri split the ponytail in half so she could tease the top sections of the ponytail and give it a lift.
- Once the ponytail look was in place, Capri teased the roots of Dobrev’s hair and gave her bangs some volume by using the end of a tail comb to help lift the hair around the crown.
- Finally, for the perfect, healthy glow finish and control the flyaways, Capri set the entire look with Garnier Fructis Full Control Anti-Humidity Spray.
There's dry skin and then there's severely dry skin. Regular lotion is normally enough to handle the former, but you need something a little tougher to tackle severe or chronically dry, flaky skin. AmLactin's line of body lotions are designed to give you soft, smooth skin at any age. I love that their lotions go beyond basic hydration and actually encourage healthier looking skin as well.
Usually you only see alpha-hydroxy acid in facial creams, but AmLactin brings the exfoliating benefits of AHA to your body. If you've ever used AHA creams on your face, you know exactly how much of a difference this one powerful ingredient makes in the look and feel of your skin. All three of their body formulas and even their foot cream includes AHA to rid your skin of dead skin cells, while their unique formula locks in moisture for the smoothest skin you've had since you were born.
For general, everyday moisturization, try the AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion. With 12% lactic acid, rough, dry skin is smoothed away and the skin underneath nourished like never before. For a deeper, restorative lotion, try the Ultra Hydrating Body Cream or Cerapeutic Restoring Body Lotion. I personally love the latter if you have severely dry skin. Of course, don't forget to moisturize those dry, cracked heels with the AmLactin Foot Cream.
The formula is unlike other body lotions and your skin will thank you for it. The lotions start at just $15.99 which is actually less than expensive high end lotions which only work half as well. Plus it's cheaper than slathering on layer after layer of lotions and creams that don't work at all!