Celebrity Makeup Artist Elle Leary shares with us how she gave Melissa Carache her elegant evening look: "Melissa and I went for a very classic Greek Goddess meets Girl Next Door, look for this event!"
- Since her skin is a little more on the dewy side naturally I started to prep her skin with First Aid Beauty's Blemish Petrol Pads to remove excess oil, a lite application of Hydra-Masque by Embryolisse and finished with Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer.
- I always want my clients skin to look like skin, the cakey look isn't what we were going for. My favorite way to achieve this is to use Temptu's Airbrush system. This leaves the skin with the perfect coverage and semi-matte finish.
- I contoured lightly with Kevyn Aucoin's sculpting powder in medium, popped a touch of his cream cheek color in Isadore on the apples of her cheeks.
- For the rest of the makeup application I wanted it to be fresh, so I started with TARTE's Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in Seashell Pink from lash line to just above the crease to give a little sheen and play with some color.
- Then I worked TARTE's skinny smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in Golden Tiger's eye along the lash line and smudged it up and out to the corner of the outter eye.
- Finally I took my Epic Black Mousse Liner from NYX and gave her an extended and exaggerated signature smokey cat eye.
- Couple coats of mascara and a set of my favorite lashes by Velour in Doll Me Up, the eyes were complete!!
To really take this look home, I finished off with another goody from NYX, their Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Watermelon Cooler. I can not get enough of these chunky pencils, perfect for that hint of playful color. "