1) Proactiv Acne System: This is probably the most famous of all the solutions. The three step system includes a cleanser, toner, and repairing lotion. I highly recommend adding on the Green Tea Cleanser and Clay Mask to boost the regimen.
2) Neutrogena Rapid Clear: I have used this personally for years! I swear by it. It goes on clear, and clears up pimples overnight. The product claims to clear up acne in 8 hours, and I agree.
3) Dermalogica Age Smart: For those of us who suffer from acne in our adult years, this is a gentler formula, that also addresses the signs of aging. Dermalogica Age Smart Skin Kit contains a full months regimen you can use every day for firmer, smoother, healthier skin. Kit Includes: Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque, Antioxidant HydraMist, MAP15 Regenerator, Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF30, Renewal Lip Complex.
Acne is a common skin problem that affects millions of teenagers and adults. It is no fun, but there are supplements you can take to help your body regulate oil production and other processes. Five of the top supplements that will help to cure acne and give you clear skin include MSM, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin C.
When I was asked to try out the new Abreva Conceal for Cold Sores, I instantly knew that I would love it. My first thought was that it would be an amazing tool for my clients who suffer with cold sores, and the frustration of covering them up. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this little patch works wonders at helping to cover up blemishes and cystic acne as well!
As many of you have read before, I have suffered with cystic acne most of my adult life. Unlike a pimple, it creates a large round “cyst” like appearance, is very painful, and causes the skin around it to be red and flaky. I have always had a beast of a time keeping them covered up (and of course they always show up before an important event!). So, theAbreva Conceal Cold Sore Patch was put to the test a few weeks ago, and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it kept my little monster under wraps, and allowed my makeup to mask it to perfection. The other thing I adore about the product is that it creates a protective barrier that allows air in with MicroAir technology while keeping contaminants out. That means that a cold sore, or blemish won’t interact with your makeup. It also lasts a total of 8 hours on the skin, and has no side effects whatsoever. Perfection.
Here are the details of how to use the patches, and my personal tips and tricks on how to properly mask the Abreva Conceal.
How to Use Abreva Conceal
1. Wash your face with a mild soap, and use a fresh towel to pat your cold sore and the neighboring area dry.
2. Open Conceal packaging and remove the contents inside.
3. Peel back the paper tab marked in red with the number “1” (avoid touching the sticky part underneath by holding on to the small rectangular tab).
4. Continue to hold the rectangular tab and peel back the other paper tab, marked in blue with the number “2”.
5. While looking in a mirror, place the round patch over the cold sore.
6. Press down lightly on the center of the patch and hold the patch in place for 15-20 seconds to make sure it sticks to on top of your cold sore.
7. Gently pull away the applicator tab, at a slight angle away from your face. Voila! Conceal is in place.
8. Apply makeup on top of Conceal to ensure that the cold sore blends in with the rest of your lips.
1). First apply a waterproof lipliner. I have found that lipliners with a tint of rose, or plum tend to work best with the patch. Neutral lipliners seem to leave a brown tone to the patch. You want your lips to look rosy and lush. Also, make sure to be very gentle when applying the liner. Use short, soft, strokes.
2) Lip-gloss looks great over Abreva Conceal. Try using a regular lipstick (any kind) then covering with a tinted gloss. Since the patch does have a bit of shine to it, the gloss helps the patch to seamlessly blend into the lips.
3) Liquid concealer, or a liquid spot treatment, works well over Abreva Conceal. Avoid a concealer that is too dry, or in a stick form. Look for a long wearing liquid concealer in a shade that is half a step darker than you would normally wear. This ensures that the patch won’t appear too light on top of your regular foundation.
4). If foundation appears too light on top of the Conceal patch, try a little bronzer to blend with your skin tone. Also, make sure to use a pressed powder on top of your concealer or foundation for the ultimate coverage.
*If possible, keep Abreva Conceal away from where your top and bottom lip meet. This will prevent it from slipping during the day as you eat and drink. However, do place the patch wherever the cold sore may be – whether it be on your upper lip, lower lip, chin, etc.
Abreva Conceal is a clean, non-medicated patch for cold sores that allows air in, yet protective enough to keep contaminants out.
Who needs a vending machine filled with candy, when you can have a vending machine full of skincare!!
I love that there are self serve kiosks at the airports filled with ProActive skincare. I have been recommending ProActiv to my younger clients, or friends who battle with acne for quite some time now. The ProActiv kit works wonderfully to treat severe acne, and heal outbreaks.
The two products that I always tell everyone are must buys are the Green Tea Moisturizer and the Refining Mask. I have personally gone through tubes of both. Tubes! I know that a product is good when I go through it and can’t imagine not having it in my cabinet.
I keep the Green Tea and the Mask with me for travel, since my skin tends to be fickle when I fly or bounce around from different cities.
Sometimes I like to pretend that a company made products just for me. I dream that some brilliant chemist said to himself “Christina is having an awfully hard time with her skin, let’s help her out!”.
I swear that Mario Badescu made all their products with me in mind. I am the inspiration behind their stupendous, unbelievably perfect skin care line (a girl can wish right?). Seriously, I am tempted to buy every single product they have. I keep looking at their website and drooling over all the products that I want to try. So many products, so little time!