Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter.... more
Online Makeup School
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Best of Lips!
Amazing Eye Palettes!
- Tria Age Defying Laser Review and Results
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Secrets to Flawless Foundation
- The Science Behind Mineral Salt Deodorants
- Friday Top 5 – Best Mascaras
- How to Apply Makeup After 60 Years Old
- Beauty Essentials – Concealer
- Ziaja Natural Skincare
- How To: False Eyelashes and Lash Extensions
- Best Summertime Bronzers
Best of Bronze!
Around the Web!
Tag Archives: Almond
This Friday I would love to talk about my skincare obsession. Oil. Yes, you heard me right, I said oil. For the past few years I have been incorporating different essential oils into my skincare routine. It started with the DHC Olive Oil Serum and Cleansing Oil. The combination made my acne clear up and softened my skin in a way that no moisturizer ever had. It was gentle and effective. Sold!
Now, essential oils are apart of my daily routine. The products I picked this week are my current favorites (although this list is constantly evolving).
1) Patyka Absolute Face Oil: this oil is ridiculously rich, yet sinks into the skin immediately. Known as a "dry oil", it is even suitable for use under makeup. This skin-enhancing cocktail of 11 essential oils and plant oils bring life back into your skin. Dog rose, packed with stimulating omegas, helps restore and strengthen your skin as protective wheat germ and olive oil nourish deep down. Jojoba oil provides non-oily hydration and squalene soothes irritations and inflammation.
2) Rodin Olio Lusso: Although this oil is on the pricey side, it is well worth the price of purchase. Packed with eleven essential oils derived from flowers and other botanicals, this is the ideal liquid moisturizer for anyone seeking a simple solution to hydrated skin and a luminous, light-reflecting complexion. Like magic, it effortlessly melts into complexions that are "normal," oily, dry, or any combination thereof, without leaving any greasy residue. This oil has transformed my skin on my worst days.
3) L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil: Not only does this shower gel smells amazing, but it lathers your skin in the most delicate oil. I especially love to use this after I shave my legs as a finishing touch during my shower routine. It has a unique skin cleansing treatment that foams when in contact with water. Even after washing off, the Shower Oil leaves a light veil on the skin for a smooth, satin-like feel, and the scent is a fresh almond that both you and your man will love!
4)Bobbi Brown Beach Body Oil: Nothing makes me feel sexier than when I put on this body oil. Not only does it smell like a vacation at the beach, but I promise you that you will feel warm and sultry when you have this on your skin. This body oil gives skin a sexy sheen. Contains four essential oils (olive, sesame, avocado, and jojoba oils) and vitamins E and C to soften and nourish skin.
5) Bobbi Brown Extra Face Oil: Another favorite from Bobbi Brown, this oil just recently came into my beauty repertoire. This oil is particularly rich and emollient, so it is perfect for winter. This provides a concentrated boost of intensive moisture to comfort very dry skin. The lightweight formula absorbs easily, softening and conditioning skin with an oil blend of sesame, sweet almond, olive and jojoba.