Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter.... more
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Fall Eye Palettes!
Best of Lips!
- How to Highlight and Contour Like a Pro
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Cargo Eyelighter
- Desiderata ~ Happy Holidays!
- Makeup Tips for Winter’s Bold New Face
- Beauty Deals at Nordstrom Rack
- Desiderata – Happy Holidays!
- Keeping your skin moisturized during pregnancy
- Makeup Wars: It Cosmetics CC+ Radiance Palette
- Abreva Conceal – Cover Up That Cold Sore!
- Return To Origins Recycling Program
- Get The Look: Nina Dobrev
- Change your makeup from Day to Night
- Get The Look: Jaime King
Around the Web!
Tag Archives: beauty blog
By Shelley Levitt for The Style Glossy
Antiaging Makeup Tips
With a few smart makeup techniques, you can turn back the clock. Tonya Crooks, a celebrity makeup artist and eyebrow expert, who has made the likes of Eva Mendes, Gwyneth Paltrow, Fergie and Megan Fox even more beautiful than they naturally are, shares her top five antiaging makeup tips.
1. Start with well-hydrated skin.
Makeup will go on smoother and last longer if your skin is supple and moisturized. I recommend to all my clients that they use a daily moisturizer and one at night as well. For a quick fix, applying a makeup primer under your foundation will add instant luster to your skin.
2. Don’t over-tweeze.
Look at a girl of 14 or 15 who hasn’t started tweezing her eyebrows and you’ll see brows that are healthy and full with no exaggerated arches or bald spots. The takeaway: Less is more when it comes to achieving youthful-looking brows. Pluck stray hairs below your brow line, but don’t thin out the brows themselves. If you’re thinking about reshaping your brows, see a pro.
3. Choose creamy cheek colors.
Skip the powders and opt instead for blush and bronzer in a cream, liquid or mousse formula. Powders tend to sit on top of the skin, making your complexion look parched, while creamy textures give you a lit-from-within glow.
4. Keep eye makeup light and clean.
Dark and heavy shadows can make your eyes look sunken while lighter shades help them “pop.” You can still do a dramatic look; just focus the liner and deeper shades on the outer corners of your eyes.
5. Opt for glossy lipstick over matte.
As we get older, our lips tend to shrink a bit. A dark matte lip color and liner will make them look even smaller. Instead, create the illusion of a plumper pout with a gloss in a light hue. And with paler colors you can go outside the borders of your lip a little. I call it cheating the edge.
Shelley Levitt, managing editor of The Style Glossy, is a former West Coast editor of Self and senior writer at People.
To celebrate Earth Month 2013, Origins is debuting four limited edition products that provide the essential skincare prep needed for a fresh outlook. In partnership with American Forests’ Global ReLeaf; an education and action program that helps individuals, agencies and corporations improve the local and global environment by planting and caring for trees, Origins will plant a tree for each limited edition product purchased from April 21-28, 2013.
Some of my favorite Origins products:
- GinZing – the latest addition to the collection is the Energy-boosting moisturizer which revitalizes lackluster skin and jumpstart hydration levels
- Clear Improvement – unclog pores with this cult favorite mask, containing activated charcoal to clear skin.
Formerly known as “Sprout,” SW is a Brooklyn-based cosmetics brand making bath and beauty products you might actually eat by mistake (and um, love, either way). From a ... Origins Ginzing Natural Deodorant from Origins ...
American Forests announces 25 Global ReLeaf projects for 2013 that will plant 1.8 million trees across 5000 acres in the U.S. and around the world.
By: Christina-Lauren of Inspirations and Celebrations
Beauty Bloggers' Favorite Spring Trends
From turquoise eye liners to coral lip balms (and everything in between), featured here are some of the world's top beauty bloggers' most loved makeup, hair, and nail trends for Spring 2013. Beauty Bloggers have become known as the 'go-to' women for helpful tips and honest advice on what's hot in the ever-evolving world of beauty. Because of their covetable knowledge, ingenious creativity, and rapidly-growing popularity, many top beauty bloggers have appeared in leading magazines and on television.
ALYSON of THE GLOSS MENAGERIE: "I'm absolutely loving bright, bold lips this spring. It's such a playful, fun way to wear color!"
ASHLEY at PEEK & PONDER: "My favorite trend for Spring is neon eyeliner. I like the idea of trading my traditional black liner for bright hues that are bold and daring!"
BROOKE PAKULSKI of BLUSHING NOIR: "I am loving the bold, matte lip. It makes a statement and draws attention to your perfect pout."
CARLEEN COULTER of BEAUTY AND FASHION TECH: "I love the bold lip trend this spring. Even better is that Maybelline did a line of vivids lip colors for it. the shades are great, the quality is wonderful, and they are also affordable!"
CHRISTINA FARRELL of THE MAKEUP BLOGGER: "My favorite spring beauty trend is the resurgence of tinted lip balms. Such a quick and easy way to get a pop of bright color without being overwhelming. "
CLARE NEILSON of GEORGE & BEAR: "Healthy, glowing skin is the most beautiful thing. It's a look that's relatively easy to pull off, provided you've taken care of yourself during winter."
GAIA FISHLER of THE NON-BLONDE: "Blue and green eye shadows - A little bit retro, a little edgy, and a whole lot of fun, blue eye shadows with or without a touch of green makes brown eyes look brighter."
HARSHLEEN of BEAUTYTIDBITS: "The Spring beauty trend I'm loving the most is neon eyeliner. Opting for a single pop of color (like turquoise, green, or vibrant aqua) on the lash line is easy and fun!"
JEN MATHEWS of MY BEAUTY BUNNY: "My favorite spring trend is coral and peach makeup. There's a shade for every skin tone, and you can dress it up or down."
KATHRYNE of THEFABZILLA: "I love coral and hot pink lippies and pastel eyeshadows for spring! I think it's fresh, fun and fabulous! "
KELLY GOULD of GOULDYLOX REVIEWS: "My favorite spring trend is doubling up eyeliner so you can really show off the seasons bright colors! I love to layer a black liner drawn as a small cat eye, with a bright color just above the black line."
KELLY KEETON of VAMPY VARNISH: "I am loving textured nails right now. I think it's a nail art trend people can actually wear because it's not SO out there."
Bridget Bardot Beauty Breakdown by Sian Bitner-Kearney
Since near birth, I have been obsessed with Brigitte Bardot. She is without a doubt my style icon and any dear friend would verify my countless attempts to be beach blonde (some less successful than others), my desperate need to perfect the cat eye look, and the lips… I should be an expert on the nude lip at this point of my life! The amalgamation of big, defined eyes, bronzed glowing skin, and near naked lips is classically beautiful, not to mention the perfect look for a mid-summer night! This look screams sexy while still appearing effortless and natural. Pair this look with an up do, ala Brigitte Bardot, and you have the recipe for dazzling!
- The thing to remember when attempting this beach beautiful look, is to focus on the eyes and the skin.
- Skin should be well hydrated before applying any bronzer, and using a BB Crème instead of a heavy foundation will give you ample coverage while still creating a natural glow.
- Create your smoky brown eye with a light layer of taupe shadow all over the lid followed by a deep shade of brown through the crease area.
- Begin lining the top of the lid, as close as possible to the lashes, with a black cake or gel liner and ever so slightly, winging it out at the corner.
- Next, lightly line the bottom waterline and top with several coats of lengthening mascara.
- Finish off the look with a touch of nude lip gloss, and your glammed up and ready to go!
GET THE LOOK:
The always amazing Gita Bass shared how she glammed up Emma Robert's for the premiere of Adult World. Simple and sexy, with a fierce pop of purple. Love!
"We wanted her look to be fresh and natural but with an edge"GET THE LOOK:
- I prepped her skin with Simple hydrating light moisturizer and evened it out with a touch of Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation, leaving it dewy and flawless.
- I love the trend of different colored liner! I lined her inner bottom lash line with Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Purple 11L also bringing it slightly below the lash line and winging it out.
- I then traced her upper lash line with Bobbi Brown Long Wear eye Pencil in Jet winging it out to meet the purple line.
- I curled her lashes and applied a few coats of YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils-the ultimate mascara.
CHEEKS AND LIPS:
- For a rosy glow, I applied Stila Convertible color to the apples of her cheeks and finished the look with Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park-my absolute favorite peachy nude.