I am absolutely thrilled to have joined with Wantable this month, to help curate their October beauty box. This box is a great introduction to Fall makeup, and the richer colors that I love. My favorite thing about this box is the simplicity, and the selection of stunning colors. The kit allows you to create some easy fall looks, from the cat eye to the deep red Fall lip. One of my favorite makeup lines, Lise Watier includes a felt tip Feline HD eyeliner and mascara, which will bring out your inner Catwoman. The liner is extremely easy to use, and glides across your eyelid with ease. And the best part? It stay on. Serious longevity.
Next up, Manna Kadar makeup shares two cheeks and lip stain blushes that will give you the perfect flush. I am personally in love with these rose-wine blushes for Fall and Winter. The staying power is amazing, and they look incredible on the lips as well for an easy and classic matte rose lip.
Cailyn cosmetics provides a soft as silk Kabuki brush, and an amazing gel liner that includes a precision applicator brush that makes creating a smokey eye easy. Simply smooth the gel liner along the lash line, and blend with a pencil brush. Hello Sophia Loren!
Check out the October beauty box here: https://www.wantable.com/boxes/makeup
Makeup Artist Tips:
- When using a felt tip eyeliner, pull the eye toward the ear and hold taught. The gives you stability with the eye, and makes creating a clean line easy!
- If the red lipstick is too dark for your comfort level, layer the Manna pink cream blush in the center of the lip for a softer red-rose look
- For a daytime Fall lip, layer the copper bronze lipstick with the Manna pink cream blush. Or, for a more intense rose lip look, layer the dark cheek & lip stain with the copper bronze lip.
- If you are gun shy with a dark black cat eye, than try a softer smokey eye look. Use the Cailyn gel eyeliner, and smudge near the top eyelashes. Then go over the liner with a eye shadow pencil brush, blending in a warm brown eye shadow over the gel to soften the color.
Kate Upton: Creating Curves
by Sian Bitner Kearney
If you don’t immediately recognize the name, the face and body are sure to strike a chord. Kate Upton has grazed an excess of magazine covers lately, including her second Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover as well as Vogue, Cosmopolitan, and Esquire.
However, it’s not just Kate’s dangerous curves and flawless face that keeps her name in the headlines. Kate has been quite outspoken about her love for her body and claims that while she will work out to maintain a good figure, she will never starve herself and loves the fact that she’s not the typical, ultra thin supermodel. Kate was recently called out by the author of a blog known as “Skinny Gossip” for being, ‘fat with huge thighs, and terrible body definition’. All we can say is, if this is what fat looks like, please hand us a cheeseburger and milkshake ASAP!
Curves aside, Upton truly has a beautiful face. For this look, Kate powered down her sex appeal a bit and went for a classic look of side swept hair, glowing skin, and light makeup. To recreate the look, follow these tips!
SKIN: This look is all about clear, flawless skin.
- To ensure your skin is camera ready, try one of the new complexion perfecting high definition starter kits by Smashbox.
- The kit includes an oil free primer to deflect shine and keep makeup in its place, high definition concealer for dark circles and imperfections, high definition foundation to even out skin tone, and halo hydrating perfecting powder to create a total airbrushed effect.
- The best part… This kit will only run you about $49.00 and lasts for months!
- The cheek in this look is quite muted.
- Instead of highlighting the apples with a bold blush, highlight your cheekbones by applying a bronzing power to the hollows of cheeks.
- This helps to contour the face and give the look more definition.
- For a gorgeous glow like Kate’s, we recommend Laura Mercier Bronzing Powder in Golden Bronze.
- The eyes are really the focal point of this look, but they are not Kate’s traditional smoky eye. This look is much more about the lashes than the liner and shadow. That said, the trio of makeup creates a look that’s fresh and beautiful.
- For the eyeshadow, try NARS cream eyeshadow in Corfu. This light taupe shade provides some color to the lid but still looks very natural.
- Next, lightly line just the upper lash line with a black cream or cake liner like this one from Gorgeous Cosmetics. Keeping the line as close to the lash line as possible and then smudging slightly will make lashes appear even thicker and really draw attention.
- Finally, apply several coats of black, lengthening mascara. We love Lancome L’Extreme Instant Extensions Mascara, but if that doesn’t do the trick, you can always compensate with a few false lashes in the corners.
- To complete the look, polish lips with a soft peach or pink lipstick like Dolce & Gabbana Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipstick in Nude Pink.
- The color is bold enough to command attention, yet simple enough to not overpower the look.
The always amazing Gita Bass shared how she glammed up Emma Robert's for the premiere of Adult World. Simple and sexy, with a fierce pop of purple. Love!
"We wanted her look to be fresh and natural but with an edge"GET THE LOOK:
- I prepped her skin with Simple hydrating light moisturizer and evened it out with a touch of Koh Gen Do Aqua foundation, leaving it dewy and flawless.
- I love the trend of different colored liner! I lined her inner bottom lash line with Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Purple 11L also bringing it slightly below the lash line and winging it out.
- I then traced her upper lash line with Bobbi Brown Long Wear eye Pencil in Jet winging it out to meet the purple line.
- I curled her lashes and applied a few coats of YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils-the ultimate mascara.
CHEEKS AND LIPS:
- For a rosy glow, I applied Stila Convertible color to the apples of her cheeks and finished the look with Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Biscayne Park-my absolute favorite peachy nude.