Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter.... more
Online Makeup School
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Best of Lips!
Amazing Eye Palettes!
- Tria Age Defying Laser Review and Results
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Beauty Deals at Nordstrom Rack
- Friday Top 5- Best Luminizers
- Top 5 Best Blush Dupes
- Friday Top 5 – Best Mascaras
- The Makeup Bloggers top picks
- Try On Studio
- Interview with Kristofer Buckle
- The Good Body by Eve Ensler
- Secrets to Flawless Foundation
- How to Apply Makeup After 60 Years Old
Best of Bronze!
Around the Web!
Tag Archives: beauty tips and tricks
If you're wearing a dark brown eyeliner
- You can enhance it with a bronze
- with a deep mahogany brown
- any other type of brown color.
If you're wearing black eyeliner,
- you can even try and enhance that with a slate steel gray
- Or even dark navy blue.
Or like with my model in the video above, she has on a gorgeous purple eyeliner. We enhanced that with a plum shadow. Now, this purple shadow just automatically enhance the eyeliner that was already there. By simply applying the eye shadow right over the eyeliner, you're not only enhancing the longevity of your eyeliner, but you're giving a really beautifully smoky look to the face.
- I'm going to place this color right near the eye line and softly enhance. You don't want to go too high up, you want to stick to just this tiny little almond shape.
- I'm subtly pressing in the eye shadow. Instead of sweeping all over and getting the eye shadow to go everywhere, a simple step is to press it into the eye like so.It makes it really easy to apply. The brush I recommend is what's called a pencil brush. You can find these at any counter and it is a dome shaped eye brush. This gives you precision and helps you to get really close to the eye line.
- As you can see, the eye color instantly popped. I'm going to add a little bit more under the eye and because I'm using that pencil eye shadow brush, I can very easily use that tip to get a tiny bit under that eye color.
And there you go, that's the easiest and quickest tip to enhance any eye color. Look for beautiful soft bronzes, you can even in a pinch use your bronzer for an all in one product. If you are also looking to maybe pop a certain color, look for purples, deep navies and deep greens as well.
- Use a bronzer that is not too pink and has a really beautiful yellow base.
- You want a beautiful bronzer that does not have a lot of shimmer in it.
- When applying the bronzer, you want to hit the places where the sun naturally hits the forehead. So, the forehead, the cheek bones, and a little bit on the chin.
- With the highlighter, you simply want to hit the top of the cheek bones, make sure it's blended, a little bit on the top of the eyelid. And then, you can even do a tiny bit right there on the pout to make the lips look fuller.
- You can continue to add a little bit more bronzer, if you feel you want some more color to the cheeks.
I can't tell you how many women I've seen who don't know the difference between office makeup and night out makeup. The two couldn't be further apart. When you're at the office, your look should be more toned down. The best part about office makeup is it's quick and easy to pull of stunning looks that will still make you look amazing in little time.
Keep It Natural
Avoid extremely bright or bold colors. Instead of focusing on your work, most people will be distracted by your makeup. Great for a night out, but not so great for ensuring people take you seriously. Stick with neutral colors such as browns, peaches, light pinks and even soft lavenders for eyes, lips and cheeks. Instead of liner, use a black/brown or brown mascara to make your eyes pop.
Use a lightweight matte foundation or tinted BB cream along with concealer. If you have dark under eye circles or redness, a brightening concealer or multi-color concealer will take care of trouble areas. Add just a light dusting of pressed powder to set your look. Avoid bronzers as they can often make you seem too glowing or tan. Trust me when I say you'll like bright eyed, professional and beautiful.
Just A Little Shimmer
If natural isn't your thing, no problem. Just by adding a little bit of shimmer to your look, you can drastically change how you look without over-doing it. Start a medium coverage concealer and finish with an all day liquid foundation with SPF. Once again, an all in one tinted moisturizer will work perfectly. Use a sponge to apply to better blend with the concealer. Set with a translucent powder with just a hint of sparkle. Your face will instantly light up without looking like a glitter bomb.
Apply a cream based shadow. Once again, choose a light or medium tone color. Dust a slightly lighter shade of a shimmer based shadow over the cream. If you really want to do more with your eyes, apply an extremely thin line of light brown, hazel or gold liner to your lower lid. Apply a lighter shade to your upper lid. Follow up with mascara.
Finally, apply just a hint of blush to cheeks. With the sparkle of your powder and eyes, you don't want to go overboard here. The entire object is a brighter face with eyes that really pop. As an added touch, use a clear gloss over your favorite pink, peach or even red lipstick. If you use red, ensure you eyes and blush are toned down.
Overall, just keep it simple. I say let your confidence shine through and you'll look great no matter what.
- The two that I use of choice Aquaphor or First Aid Ultra Repair Cream.
- These two products have helped me numerous times after a wicked cold when my nose hurt so much from days and days of sniffling and sneezing. These two creams are extremely emollient thick, will not sink into the skin and will help to repair it. Their consistency, as you can see in the video above, is extremely emollient, somewhat like a Vaseline cream.
- They leave a protective barrier around the chapped skin which is what is happening to your nose especially after a nasty cold. So remember that these two products will help to save you.
I hope this answered your question and I hope you feel better!
Celebrity makeup artist Georgie Eisdell worked with Jaime King for the Vogue/Tory Burch Watch Collection Event. This is a surprisingly easy look and perfect for the holidays!
“Jaime’s face is so great for makeup. She looks amazing with literally anything so it’s always fun with her. I decided to keep the eyes light and go for a bright pop of color on the lips."
GET THE LOOK:
- I prepped Jaime’s skin with La Mer Soft Cream and then evened it out with Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation.
- I used Chanel Cream Blush in Chamade on the apples of the cheeks for a flushed look.
- On her eyes it was very simple. I used Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Fantasme on the lid up to the crease and a little under the eye on the inner corner. I applied YSL Faux Cils Mascara in Black on the top and bottom lashes.
- I finished off the look with Tom Ford Matte Lip Color in Flame.