Today we’re gonna be talking about cosmetics to conceal a dark circle. Now dark circles can really be a frustration for those of us that suffer from them. I know, I’m one of them. They can instantly make you look really tired and just kind of take down the look vibrancy of your face. It’s one of my biggest frustrations. But, the good thing is there are a lot of amazing concealers and correctors out there that can make you look wide awake and absolutely banish those dark circles. These are a few of my favorites. I absolutely love It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. I mean the name just says it all. It’s very dense, it has a great amount of coverage, and the colors are all a peach base, which is the key to banishing those blue undertones of your dark circles. Another one that I love is new NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It has a light reflecting quality to it, once again a beautiful peach base, really really wonderful for those days when you don’t need as heavy as a coverage, but still want to make sure that you have that brightness under the eye. And last but not least, I absolutely love SmashBox Cosmetics Photo Op Under Eye Brightener for midday touch ups. It has a really nice kind of shimmer to it that’s not too overwhelming and helps to really brighten up the look of the eyes during the day when you might be getting a little bit tired and those circles tend to pop back up. So I hope that helps, and I hope that you try out these cosmetics to help your dark circles.
1) Estee Lauder ‘Double Wear’ Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear Concealer: Looks flawless for 15 hours!! Feels comfortable, never dry and stays seamlessly without creasing. The lightweight, transfer-resistant cream formula is infused with minerals and emollients to condition skin and make blending easy for a luminous finish that lasts. Water-, perspiration- and humidity-resistant. Thank you!
2) Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer Honey: A makeup-artist favorite, Cle de Peau Beaute concealer continues to win major awards year after year. Why? It is the best! Blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots and imperfections. Tip: For lighter skin tones, the Honey shade can be used underneath your matching concealer as a color corrector for truly dark areas
3)Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Sc-4: The best one-two punch for discoloration and dark circles. Secret Camouflage contains a unique two-shade system: one to match the skin’s depth of color and one to match the skin’s undertone. It helps to conceal redness, blemishes and age spots for a more even appearance.
4) MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Concealer 345 Dark Beige: The perfect peach.This concealer creates a soft-focus effect, brightening the eye area while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a natural, radiant look. Perfect even under the harsh light of HD cameras.
5) Orlane Highlighter: A highlighting complexion pen that needs to be kept in your purse at all times! Areas of shadow and signs of fatigue are chased away for instant light diffusion. The formula is enriched with smoothing, draining and filtering active ingredients with a soft focus effect.
Tackle Eye Beauty Issues With Celebrity Tricks
From under eye circles to lashes that just won’t behave, I constantly find myself tackling beauty disasters thanks to my baby blues. Since your eyes are usually the first thing people notice, you want them to look great. Take these simple tricks celebrity makeup artists use to ensure red carpet nights aren’t a disaster.
Taylor Swift may not seem like she has under eye circles and for good reason. She uses the double conceal technique. Start with a concealer shade the same color as your skin tone to cover the darker tones of the circles. Next, apply a lighter shade under eyes and out across your cheekbones to brighten your eyes.
Boost Tired Eyes
I used to dread how my eyes would look after a few nights of little sleep. Now I regularly use a popular celebrity secret – topical Vitamin C. Massage it directly under your eyes or use an eye cream with Vitamin C. It actually helps repair the damage to reduce the look of bags and circles.
Andrew Sotomayor, a celebrity makeup artist, helps celebrities tackle their eyelashes to look stunning and more awake. Curl your lashes upwards to make them look longer and open the eyes. You’ll look alert and beautiful, especially when you add a little mascara.
The first trick is to make sure that you have a product that is an eye brightener and an eye enhancer. You’re looking for something with a peach undertone that has light-reflecting qualities to it. This will really help to brighten up the eye and to help the fact that you won’t have to use as much foundation or concealer. As you can see from the video above, the products have a peach-champagne tone base with a bit of light-reflecting qualities to it.
- When put over the eye, they help to diffuse fine lines and dark circles and give the eye a wide awake and fresh look.
- You’re going to want to put this where your darkest circles are and that’s right in this triangle. I like to pat it in with my fingers to warm up the product and really help to have it soak into the skin.
- If you prefer to use a sponge or a brush, make sure that you pat it into the skin so that it stays on and isn’t wiped away. You can instantly see how this brightened up the eye.
- If you feel that you still need coverage, you can use an eye brightening or illuminating concealer with a little bit of a yellow base. Put it, once again, right there where the dark circles are. For this, I would use a light feather brush to help finish blending. This gives a really beautiful, natural glow to the eye area without the cakiness of foundation.
So, there you go. Look for products that say illuminating and eye brightening. Those things will help you to naturally diffuse the look of dark circles or puffiness under the eyes and give you the coverage you need without foundation.
I have to admit that when it comes to cosmetics brands, I usually find one or two hero products that I adore, and then kind of feel “meh” about the rest. It comes in waves, and I usually feel like my love affairs are brief, passionate, and unfortunately sometimes fleeting. Like all of us, I can be fiercely loyal to my old tried and true brands that I have been using for years, and even sometimes (sheepishly admits) can get in a “favorite makeup rut”. Yes, even us beauty gals do it too.
Enter IT Cosmetics by Jamie Kern. I have fallen in love with this brand. I was given a sample to try out a few weeks ago and did a review of the products that were a special QVC promo (see the original post here), and knew then that I had found a brand worth exploring. Their products seemed innovative and the payoff was impressive.
So, being the very dutiful beauty blogger, I tried out some more products that seemed to fit my everyday needs. Here are my newest obsessions:
Bye Bye Under Eye: This little goodie is going on my list of favorite concealers. It is a powerhouse of a product that is waterproof and covers even the darkest of circles (which I have in spades). I also love that the undertone is peach, therefore eliminating my need for an extra color corrector.
Airbrush Illuminizer: Another new addition to the favorites list. I have afew foundations that this product has helped bring back from the dead. It imparts a very subtle glow to the skin, and illuminates any foundation you buff it over. The first time I wore it, I let out a “oooooh” sound….and then my boyfriend said I looked extra pretty that day. Enough said.
On my quest to find the best concealers out there, I have come across many that claim to have the perfect peach hue to counteract blue undertones underneath the eye. Most fail miserably. They are either too pink, too bright, or turn my circles ashy (not helping!). It takes a lot for me to fall in love with a concealer and add it to my must have list. But, ladies and gentleman, I have a new entry!!