Foundation For Your Purse
I've used some compact foundations before, but for the most part, I wasn't a big fan. I always felt I wasn't getting as much coverage or as many benefits. It usually felt heavy on my skin as well. NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation is lightweight without sacrificing coverage. As the name implies, it's a cream based foundation that fits easily in a compact for carrying in your purse or for travel. My opinion on compact foundation has officially changed.
NARS gives you more than just coverage, it also boosts moisture levels. Within 12 hours, you can expect a boost of up to 80%. With more moisture, you'll see fewer fine lines and wrinkles. If you struggle with dry skin at all, you will want to give this foundation a try.
I love that you can apply the foundation either wet or dry. The creamy texture has a slightly damp feel, but with a wet brush you can better control coverage for trouble areas. Another thing I really like is the compact itself. You buy the compact and then choose any NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation you want. An easy to use sponge is included, but you can use your favorite foundation brush instead. With 16 shades at only $38, you're sure to find the right shade at a good price.
Recently, I was asked to try out Cover Girl Outlast 3-1 Foundation and truly put it to the test. The newest formulation claims to last you throughout your day while keeping the skin shine free. One of the main selling points is that the foundation includes three products in one. Primer, Foundation, and Concealer in one simple step.
Honestly, I was extremely curious and my inner beauty sleuth happily took the challenge.
I invited filmmaker Zach Taylor to come and follow me around for one day and capture on film how the foundation held up. He filmed me blogging, walking my dog Arthur, cooking, and finally ending my day with a glass of wine (everyone has that ritual...right?). Even Mike mentioned how "pretty" my makeup looked when he came home. It's true. My makeup looked fresh, and had an amazing coverage without looking cakey.
But, the true endorsement....I am still wearing this foundation. I even wore it last week during the two day (and 10 hour) LuckyFABB conference, where I am hanging out with some of the industries best and most critical beauty and fashion bloggers. I loved it that much!
For the price point, this is an incredible foundation. The coverage is medium-full, and provides a semi-matte finish. You don't even need to use powder! Another great bonus is the SPF 20 in the formulation. Perfect for Summer! Seriously, in love.
Here are my tips:
- Apply the foundation before any concealer. This has a great coverage, so you might need less concealer than you thought! Personally, I only needed a small amount of color corrector to battle my dark circles.
- Let the foundation set before applying powder. Honestly, the foundation does a fantastic job of setting to a soft powder finish, so be careful when applying any type of powder. Just alittle on the T-Zone is all that is needed!
- Use a dome shaped foundation brush for application. This gives an even finish, and can help apply foundation in the smaller areas around the face, such as around the nose and under the eyes.
- If you are struggling finding your perfect shade, try mixing two complimentary colors. I use a small plastic dish to mix my colors at home. This is a great way to slowly add more warmth during the Summer months.
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Best Of, Makeup Artist Tips, Makeup Products
Tagged best foundation, Cover Girl foundation, Cover Girl Outlast Foundation, CoverGirl, CoverGirl 3 in 1 foundation, drugstore foundation, makeup how to, makeup tutorial, makeup tutorials
1) Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation: A new favorite that is currently stashed in my purse. A pressed mineral foundation that provides a healthy, sheer to full coverage matte finish with oil-absorbing and moisturizing benefits. Its finish is never cakey or drying to the skin. Love the huge selection of colors.
2)Colorescience Pressed Foundation Compact:Unlike traditional pressed powders that go on thick, Colorescience Pro Pressed Mineral Foundation's very concentrated pressed mineral pigment gives complete coverage with a weightless, non-drying feeling. A little goes a long way, and the coverage stays completely natural
3)Jane Iredale PurePressed Base Mineral Powder SPF 20: The Ultimate Multi-tasker. It works as a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one. Great for shading, highlighting, contouring and lining, this make-up really does it all.
4) Purely Cosmetics Mineral Foundation: A makeup artist staple. Not only is her foundation silky, and amazing for sensitive skin....but her diamond powder is in every celebrity makeup artist kit. The new formulation includes silk to hydrate your skin while absorbing excess oils, silica to blur the fine lines, jojoba to nourish your skin, and boron to reduce the visibility of pores.
5)Youngblood - Mineral Basics Collection: It's cruelty free, and one of the most luxurious mineral makeup lines on the market. Another celebrity favorite. This line is perfect for those looking for full coverage or HD quality mineral foundation.