Last week, I happily added my two cents to an amazing list of beauty tips for women over 40. The blog Prime Beauty Blog put together a great post that not only includes some very cool beauty tricks, but gets its info from some of the top beauty bloggers around. Enjoy! "When trying to come up with some original beauty tips for this post, I fell short of inspiration so I enlisted the help of my awesome beauty blogger friends. I asked them for their best secrets for the over 40 crowd and here they are!"
- As we age, our eyelashes don’t grow as quickly so I use a heated eyelash curler to give me the appearance of longer, fuller lashes. ~ Prime Beauty
- Using a good primer that will help even out fine lines in the skin and give you a smooth surface to apply foundation. I recommend Laura Gellar Spackle Under Makeup-Primer or Too Faced Primed & Poreless. I also recommend Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-Aging Foundation if you need light to medium coverage. -Phyrra
- While you can’t completely erase sun damage on your face, you can fade how dark it appears by applying topical Vitamin C daily. Be sure to look for brands that use a stable form of Vitamin C, as unstable Vitamin C will oxidize, turn brown and render ineffective. My recommendation is Inviciblescars. A Girl’s Gotta Spa
- Try red LED light for anti-aging, even if wrinkles are not showing up yet. Red light devices are getting more and more affordable, and they work quite well to address not just fine line and wrinkles, but also discoloration. They can make your skin look brighter and healthier overall. It is a splurge item that is well worth the money. Beauty and Fashion Tech.
- See a dermatologist and see what kind of low to no downtime procedures that can improve your concerns. A heavy peel, micro dermabrasion, laser or DermaPen treatment can temporarily slow or stop the clock. See a dermatologist for a consult and see what might work for you! Gouldylox Reviews
I thought that I would interrupt this week’s “Friday Top 5″ to give a big shout out to everyone who will be at the weekend’s International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS) in Los Angeles. I love this show, mainly because I get to catch up with my favorite makeup artists and bloggers and preview the newest launches in beauty.
This year I will be grabbing up my Temptu Pro Pods, Embryolisse, Bobbi Brown, BFTE and Lisse Watier.
Make sure to stop by the BFTE and say hello to one of my favorite beauty bloggers Phyrra. She will be at the booth, along with Koren Zander of Enkore Makeup!
There is something to be said about starting off the New Year with a fresh start, and a new spring in our step. And, I believe the same should be said about your makeup routine.
I am personally loving the new launch by Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. Her new “Brighten, Sparkle & Glow” collection is full of products that perk up the skin, and add a shimmer to the face. During the winter gloom, these are the type of products I crave. Something that revives my glow.
The Collection Includes:
My favorites from the line include:
The Brightening Finish Powder: Bobbi Brown has said that she uses this powder “when she needs a lift”. I couldn’t agree more. It hydrates with mulberry and grape extracts and keeps the skin looking refreshed.
Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener: I have bragged about this product since way back in 2009 (original post here). This is a must have product for your purse, and instantly refreshes tired eyes and re-hydrates concealer.
The lovely ladies of Style Mined asked me to share my 8 favorite holiday eye palettes. So, I put together a list of both value sets, and a few extravagant goodies. Enjoy!
1. Urban Decay The Basic Naked Collection
2. Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette For Eyes
by Christina Farrell
Beauty Tips and Tricks, Holiday Gift Sets, Makeup Products
Tagged bareMinerals, Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, holiday beauty, Holiday Gift Sets, Holiday Gifts, Laura Mercier, LORAC cosmetics, Tarte Cosmetics, Too Faced