Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter.... more
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Best of Lips!
Amazing Eye Palettes!
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Prevent Your Hair From Breakage with L’Oreal Triple Resist
- Get the Best Brow for Your Buck
- Trend Alert: Hair Trends to Follow for 2015
- Try On Studio
- Tea Leoni interview by Tina Turnbow
- Ziaja Natural Skincare
- Hair and Makeup Ideas to Speed up Your Morning Routine
- Marco Anti-Frizz leave-in conditioner with Collagen Color Guard™
- Reader Spotlight
- Abreva Conceal – Cover Up That Cold Sore!
Best of Bronze!
PRIMP Seal 2015
Around the Web!
Tag Archives: Celebrity beauty
Tackle Eye Beauty Issues With Celebrity Tricks
From under eye circles to lashes that just won’t behave, I constantly find myself tackling beauty disasters thanks to my baby blues. Since your eyes are usually the first thing people notice, you want them to look great. Take these simple tricks celebrity makeup artists use to ensure red carpet nights aren’t a disaster.
Taylor Swift may not seem like she has under eye circles and for good reason. She uses the double conceal technique. Start with a concealer shade the same color as your skin tone to cover the darker tones of the circles. Next, apply a lighter shade under eyes and out across your cheekbones to brighten your eyes.
Boost Tired Eyes
I used to dread how my eyes would look after a few nights of little sleep. Now I regularly use a popular celebrity secret – topical Vitamin C. Massage it directly under your eyes or use an eye cream with Vitamin C. It actually helps repair the damage to reduce the look of bags and circles.
Andrew Sotomayor, a celebrity makeup artist, helps celebrities tackle their eyelashes to look stunning and more awake. Curl your lashes upwards to make them look longer and open the eyes. You’ll look alert and beautiful, especially when you add a little mascara.
Since last week was all about the finale of Sons of Anarchy, what better way to kick off the week, than with the beautiful Katey Segal.
“Katey always likes to keep her look fresh, so I use shadows instead of hard liners on her eyes for a soft focus look! -celebrity makeup artist Coleen Campbell-Olwell”
- I prepped her face with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, it’s oil free so the skin looks radiant yet not greasy plus it has SPF 15
- I then applied Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 6.25.
- For any blemishes I like to mix a little of Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer with the foundation, it covers any blemish beautifully!
- On the delicate skin under the eyes I use a lighter concealer, I love the Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch….also perfect for touch ups during the day.
- To add dimension and light to the face I use Hourglass Bronze Light , I take the bronze cream and blend it under her cheekbones and then dab the highlighter part with my fingers along her cheekbones.
- I swirled a little Nars Blush in Gaiety onto the apples of her cheeks for a pop of colour.
- I then set her skin in the t zone area with Nars Translucent Crystal Pressed Powder.
- To create a softer version of a smokey eye I used warm neutral shadows, starting with Nars shadow in Fez along her lid and under the eye then I tap on Nars Bengali along the top lash line and working it up at the outer corner for a little dimension.
- I like to line the upper waterline with Chanel Eye Pencil in Ambre, it makes the lashes look more dense.
- I then defined her brows with my favorite Brow Pencil, Diorshow Brow Styler in Universal Brown and lengthened her lashes by swiping on two coats of Makeup For Ever Smokey Lash Mascara in Black and I added a few single lashes.
- I completed her look by dabbing on Hourglass Extreme High Shine Lip Gloss in Truth, a rosy nude.
Celebrity makeup artist Georgie Eisdell worked with Jaime King for the Vogue/Tory Burch Watch Collection Event. This is a surprisingly easy look and perfect for the holidays!
“Jaime’s face is so great for makeup. She looks amazing with literally anything so it’s always fun with her. I decided to keep the eyes light and go for a bright pop of color on the lips.”
GET THE LOOK:
- I prepped Jaime’s skin with La Mer Soft Cream and then evened it out with Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation.
- I used Chanel Cream Blush in Chamade on the apples of the cheeks for a flushed look.
- On her eyes it was very simple. I used Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Fantasme on the lid up to the crease and a little under the eye on the inner corner. I applied YSL Faux Cils Mascara in Black on the top and bottom lashes.
- I finished off the look with Tom Ford Matte Lip Color in Flame.
Celebrity Makeup Artist Elle Leary shares with us how she gave Melissa Carache her elegant evening look: “Melissa and I went for a very classic Greek Goddess meets Girl Next Door, look for this event!”
- Since her skin is a little more on the dewy side naturally I started to prep her skin with First Aid Beauty’s Blemish Petrol Pads to remove excess oil, a lite application of Hydra-Masque by Embryolisse and finished with Too Faced Primed & Poreless Face Primer.
- I always want my clients skin to look like skin, the cakey look isn’t what we were going for. My favorite way to achieve this is to use Temptu’s Airbrush system. This leaves the skin with the perfect coverage and semi-matte finish.
- I contoured lightly with Kevyn Aucoin’s sculpting powder in medium, popped a touch of his cream cheek color in Isadore on the apples of her cheeks.
- For the rest of the makeup application I wanted it to be fresh, so I started with TARTE’s Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in Seashell Pink from lash line to just above the crease to give a little sheen and play with some color.
- Then I worked TARTE’s skinny smolderEYES™ Amazonian clay waterproof liner in Golden Tiger’s eye along the lash line and smudged it up and out to the corner of the outter eye.
- Finally I took my Epic Black Mousse Liner from NYX and gave her an extended and exaggerated signature smokey cat eye.
- Couple coats of mascara and a set of my favorite lashes by Velour in Doll Me Up, the eyes were complete!!
To really take this look home, I finished off with another goody from NYX, their Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie in Watermelon Cooler. I can not get enough of these chunky pencils, perfect for that hint of playful color. “
Christina Hendricks…Driving Men Mad! by Sian Bitner Kearney:
While the world of Hollywood is full of beautiful women, there are few that personify class, confidence, and well… sex the way that Christina Hendricks does. This fiery redhead lights up the screen on AMC’s Mad Men as the hard headed and hard to ignore Joan Holloway (Harris). While Hendricks’ voluptuous curves keep men all around the world glued to the television, it’s Christina’s glowing complexion and vintage glamour that keeps us ladies wanting more. Want to drive your own man mad? Here’s how to create a look that’s totally Joan approved!
- As always, begin with clean, moisturized skin.
- Next, skip the heavy, complexion clouding foundation and opt for a BB Crème.
- If you’re like Christina and are among the “fairest of all”, go for a BB Crème with sun protection built in like Christian Dior’s DIORSNOW UV Protection BB Crème.
- Next, apply a light dusting of blush to the apples of the cheeks in a coral shade. Coral is less harsh on fair skin tones than a red blush but still gives skin that old Hollywood glow. We love Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in the shade Candy Coral.
- Now on to the eyes. Because the lips are Christina’s boldest and brightest feature, the eyes need to be a bit simpler.
- For this look, skip eye shadow and smoky liner. Simply apply a liquid liner like Smashbox’s Limitless Liquid Liner pen to the upper lash line only.
- Stay as close to the lash line as possible and wing the liner out ever so slightly at the corners.
- Next, apply several coats of volumizing mascara like Lancome’s Hypnose Drama mascara, to the upper lashes only.
- Now on to the drama! This look is all about those big, bold, and beautiful red carpet lips.
- If you have a tendency toward dryness, begin by exfoliating the lips and applying a balm.
- Next, pick a bright shade of red, we love Clarins’ Joli Rouge Lipstick, apply to lips with a lip brush or directly from the tube, and you’re red carpet ready. Simple, sophisticated, and oh so sexy!
Last night, the fashionable and beautiful all gathered together for the yearly MET ball. Christina Ricci looked stunning and Kim Bower, her makeup artist, shares how she created this “punk meets glam” look for the MET gala.
“Christina wanted a a strong clean eye. Black liquids and powders were built up to create a strong cat eye. The rest of the face remained clean to allow the focus to be on her gorgeous face and the orange lip /wild ginger lipstick by Tom ford”
- La Mer Face Cream
- Beauty Flash Balm from Clarins
- Jouer pearl cream in center of face and Armani fluid silk 6.5
- Tarte setting powder
- Kevyn Aucoin contour
- Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight highlight powder
- Kevyn Aucoin Pravella blush
- Dior Earth Reflection palette
- Shiseido creme shadow bk912
- MAC black creme liner
- Brows, I used MAC omega eyeshadow
- Tom ford Ginger lipstick