“The inspiration for Darby’s braided updo stemmed from the neck line of her Rachel Zoe LBD. The dress felt strong, a bit military almost. Once paired with the red heels I knew it had to go up and that something casual wouldn’t do. I decided to go for a fun but strong, textured braided updo.”
GET THE LOOK:
I started on second day hair by adding Bumble and bumble Surf Infusion. After a quick blow dry and tousle to set the product, I created a middle part.
- Next I created a dutch braid on each side of the head starting at the front parting, braiding down, following the natural hairline, ending the dutch braids just behind the ear.
- Once each side was braided, I pulled the braids apart and dusted them with Kevin Murphy Powder Puff to add texture and thickness.
- In the back, from the top of the crown to the nape of the neck, I created four more braids. Two fishtail braids at the corner of each side of the nape of the neck and two regular braids with the hair that was left over.
- After all the braids were set, dusted with Kevin Murphys Powder Puff for texture and thickness, and pulled apart, I began to assemble the braids – this is where you can get creative.
- I brought the fishtail braids that started at the nape of the neck up and towards the face. With hair pins I secured them just under the Dutch braids and crossed them over the middle part.
- At the back of the head, I rolled all the braids together and secured the plaits flat against the head and secured with hair pins. I added a gold bar barrette for a little flair.
- To finish the look, I used my fingers to bring out little pieces around her face to soften the look.
I used Pantene Pro-V Anti-humidity Maximum Hold Hairspray. And she was off!”
Follow Bridget and The Wall Group on Instagram: @bridgetbragerhair, @thewallgroup