“I wanted to add a pop of color to her eyes to compliment the neutral tones of her outfit. We went with a smokier eye but kept it on the softer side by using plums instead of the traditional black.”
GET THE LOOK:
- “I began with a layer of NARS Pore Refining Primer.
- Then, I applied a sheer layer of La Prairie Foundation in Honey Beige with a brush over the entire face to even out the skin tone. This foundation has great coverage so a little goes a long way.
- Keep it natural by using just a small amount. I also used a bit of NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard as well as Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder.
- Using Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Medium Brown, I lightly dusted all over for color and contoured to add a bit more shape to the face.
- I popped Lorac Baked Matte Satin Blush in Exposed just on the apples of the cheeks for a healthy dose of color and finished off with Hourglass Ambient Light Trio Highlighter on the cheekbones and bridge of the nose.
- As her brows are part of her trademark look, I accentuated her natural arch and filled in sparse areas using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
- Being that it was such humid day, I used a bit of Anastasia Dip Brow in Dark Brown to ensure that they stayed put.
- I started the eyes by smudging Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon in Amethyst Aphrodisiac along the lash line and blended it upwards and outwards to elongate the eye.
- Using the same purple eyeliner, I smudged it into the lower lash line and blended it out.
- I intensified the lashes by smudging Urban Decay 24 Hour Black Liner into the upper lash line.
- Blending the liners out was key so that the overall look was smokey but still soft. Then I lightly dusted the top right color from the Tom Ford Seductive Rose Eye Color Quad all over the eyes and brightened the eye by highlighting the inner corner with Shiseido Shimmer Cream Eye Color OR313.
- To further accentuate the lashes, I gave them a light curl and added two Kiss Trio Short Lashes to each eye. These lashes are great because they give the look of individual lashes but it is done three times faster.
- Lastly, I finished off the eye makeup with Diorshow Mascara in Black on the top and bottom lashes.
Lips: As the focus of the makeup was on the eyes, I went for a neutral rose tone, Tom Ford Lipstick in Spanish Pink, to accentuate her natural lip color and to compliment the purple smokey eyes.”