Welcome to TheMakeupBlogger
Hello, my name is Christina and I am a makeup junkie. It's been a problem since I was 14 and my mom took me to the Clinique counter.... more
Online Makeup School
Not quite sure how to do makeup yourself? Let me help you! Connect with me online and I can create your easy to master makeup routine! find out more
Best of Lips!
Amazing Eye Palettes!
- Tria Age Defying Laser Review and Results
- Private Makeup Lessons and Group Workshops
- Secrets to Flawless Foundation
- The Science Behind Mineral Salt Deodorants
- How to Apply Makeup After 60 Years Old
- Friday Top 5 – Best Mascaras
- Hair and Makeup Ideas to Speed up Your Morning Routine
- Makeup Wars: Favorite Oils for Face and Body
- What Color Nail Polish Goes With Silver Shoes?
Best of Bronze!
Around the Web!
Tag Archives: celebrity makeup how to
Last night at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, actress Chloë Moretz, one of my favorite actress and start of the upcoming action flick Kick-Ass 2, illuminated the red carpet with her star power, radiating glamour with the simple yet chic look of her luxurious blond hair created exclusively with René Furterer styling products by celebrity hairstylist Rob Talty of the Magnet Agency."Chloë's look is all about gorgeous and effortless shine," says Rob. "She's young and cool and I wanted to keep that overall fresh feeling with her hair as well."
Below, he tells us how he created her look!
GET THE LOOK:
« First, I washed the hair with René Furterer OKARA light activating shampoo and conditioned with René Furterer REPAIRING AFTER-SUN MASK.
« On towel-dried hair, I sprayed René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no rinse detangling spray to remove any tangles. I then used René Furterer OKARA light activating leave-in fluid to add radiance and shine to Chloë's newly blond hair.
« Using a small amount of René Furterer VEGETAL MOUSSE to the roots, I then blow-dried each section of the hair using a T3 Evolution LongLife Blow Dryer and an Ibiza Round Brush.
« After making a sleek center part, I continued blow-drying the hair forward to ensure extra shine and softness to the ends of the hair.
« By lightly flicking sections of the hair back at the ends with a small Mason Pearson Brush, I was able to create a soft frame around Chloe's beautiful heart-shaped face.
« I finished the simple yet chic look by flat ironing the hair with a GHD Flat Iron to give it slight movement. Chloë was ready for her moment on the red carpet.
For the opening press day for The Great Gatsby at the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival, makeup artist Georgie Eisdell created a classic beauty look for lead actress Carey Mulligan.
“It’s extremely light and sophisticated,” said Georgie Eisdell about the NARS look she created for Carey Mulligan. “We used a very fine liquid liner to create definition along her lashes, and polished the look with a light lip that has a bit of pink color but isn’t heavy.”
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- If more coverage is needed try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- For oil skin, set with a powder such as NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
- Keep it simple and classic with a black liquid liner, George used: NARS Carpates Eyeliner Stylo
- Keep the rest of the eyelid clean. Apply two coats of black mascara
- NARS Sex Appeal Blush
- NARS Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil
As always the amazingly talented Gita Bass created a simple, and elegant look for Nina Dobrev at the Great Gatsby premiere last night. Here she shares her beauty how to:
"For the Great Gatsby premiere we wanted to shy away from anything too period looking and just do gorgeous bronze goddess- basically A red carpet version of Nina herself!"FACE:
- Nina's skin was prepped with Simple Hydrating Light Moisturizer and then evened out with a few drops of Luminous Silk Foundation .
- I also added some cle de peau BEAUTE Concealer "Ocher" where needed.
- For extra shine control her skin was lightly blotted with YSL Poudre Compacte Radiance.
- I lined her upper and inner lower lash line with Armani waterproof smooth silk eye pencil- the ultimate pencil for all night staying power.
- I then layered Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Spice on her lids and on her lower lash line, blending with a soft brush.
- I curled her lashes and applied a few coats of YSL Volume Effet Faux cils.
LIPS AND CHEEKS:
- For a soft flush, I applied stila Convertible Color in Peony on the apples of her cheeks
- I layered Nars powder blush in Deep Throat over the top.
- For an extra glow, I applied the light shade from Tom Ford Sculpt and Illuminate on her cheekbones.
- For a warm nude I applied the Nars Satin Lip pencil in Biscayne Park and layered Chanel lipgloss in 357 over the top.
Neutrogena Brand Ambassador Hayden Panettiere stars in my newest TV addiction ABC's Nashville. Panettiere stars as Juliette Barnes, a sassy, bitchy country-music starlet whose looks range from everyday glow to glammed out country stage makeup.
Lead make-up artist Erin Koplow for the show and Panettiere join in the three videos below and show us how they create three different show-inspired looks.Make-Up From The Set: Nashville | Celebrity Style Guide Blog
Watch the video here Everyday Glow:
Watch the video here Professionally Polished:
BEAUTY BREAKDOWN:Selena Gomez at the Vanity Fair Oscar Partymakeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher for tarte
GET THE LOOK:
- Jenn started by prepping Selena's skin with a few drops of tarte's pure maracuja oil
- Then she applied tarte's clean slate flawless 12-hour brightening primer and BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer in medium to even out her complexion
- Jenn used maracuja creaseless concealer to brighten under Selena's eyes and swept a little Amazonian clay finishing powder over her entire face to finish the look
MAKEUP BY GITA BASS
“I had the absolute pleasure of working with the gorgeous Sarah Gadon. That skin!! That face!! She’s stunning. Here’s the breakdown.”
We went for a fresh modern look with a touch of old hollywood.
To keep her skin glowing and hydrated for the evening I prepped it with Amore Pacific Time Response Gel Creme, and added a few drops of Armani Luminous Silk in 2.
I then added Dior Skin Flash on cheekbones, brow bones and on the cupid bow for extra highlights.