Last night at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards, actress Chloë Moretz, one of my favorite actress and start of the upcoming action flick Kick-Ass 2, illuminated the red carpet with her star power, radiating glamour with the simple yet chic look of her luxurious blond hair created exclusively with René Furterer styling products by celebrity hairstylist Rob Talty of the Magnet Agency."Chloë's look is all about gorgeous and effortless shine," says Rob. "She's young and cool and I wanted to keep that overall fresh feeling with her hair as well."
Below, he tells us how he created her look!
GET THE LOOK:
« First, I washed the hair with René Furterer OKARA light activating shampoo and conditioned with René Furterer REPAIRING AFTER-SUN MASK.
« On towel-dried hair, I sprayed René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no rinse detangling spray to remove any tangles. I then used René Furterer OKARA light activating leave-in fluid to add radiance and shine to Chloë's newly blond hair.
« Using a small amount of René Furterer VEGETAL MOUSSE to the roots, I then blow-dried each section of the hair using a T3 Evolution LongLife Blow Dryer and an Ibiza Round Brush.
« After making a sleek center part, I continued blow-drying the hair forward to ensure extra shine and softness to the ends of the hair.
« By lightly flicking sections of the hair back at the ends with a small Mason Pearson Brush, I was able to create a soft frame around Chloe's beautiful heart-shaped face.
« I finished the simple yet chic look by flat ironing the hair with a GHD Flat Iron to give it slight movement. Chloë was ready for her moment on the red carpet.
For the opening press day for The Great Gatsby at the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival, makeup artist Georgie Eisdell created a classic beauty look for lead actress Carey Mulligan.
“It’s extremely light and sophisticated,” said Georgie Eisdell about the NARS look she created for Carey Mulligan. “We used a very fine liquid liner to create definition along her lashes, and polished the look with a light lip that has a bit of pink color but isn’t heavy.”
- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
- If more coverage is needed try NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- For oil skin, set with a powder such as NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder
- Keep it simple and classic with a black liquid liner, George used: NARS Carpates Eyeliner Stylo
- Keep the rest of the eyelid clean. Apply two coats of black mascara
- NARS Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil
As always the amazingly talented Gita Bass created a simple, and elegant look for Nina Dobrev at the Great Gatsby premiere last night. Here she shares her beauty how to:
"For the Great Gatsby premiere we wanted to shy away from anything too period looking and just do gorgeous bronze goddess- basically A red carpet version of Nina herself!"FACE:
- I lined her upper and inner lower lash line with Armani waterproof smooth silk eye pencil- the ultimate pencil for all night staying power.
- I then layered Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Spice on her lids and on her lower lash line, blending with a soft brush.
- I curled her lashes and applied a few coats of YSL Volume Effet Faux cils.
LIPS AND CHEEKS:
- For a soft flush, I applied stila Convertible Color in Peony on the apples of her cheeks
- I layered Nars powder blush in Deep Throat over the top.
- For an extra glow, I applied the light shade from Tom Ford Sculpt and Illuminate on her cheekbones.
- For a warm nude I applied the Nars Satin Lip pencil in Biscayne Park and layered Chanel lipgloss in 357 over the top.
Neutrogena Brand Ambassador Hayden Panettiere stars in my newest TV addiction ABC's Nashville. Panettiere stars as Juliette Barnes, a sassy, bitchy country-music starlet whose looks range from everyday glow to glammed out country stage makeup.
Lead make-up artist Erin Koplow for the show and Panettiere join in the three videos below and show us how they create three different show-inspired looks.Make-Up From The Set: Nashville | Celebrity Style Guide Blog
Watch the video here Everyday Glow:
Watch the video here Professionally Polished:
Bridget Bardot Beauty Breakdown by Sian Bitner-Kearney
Since near birth, I have been obsessed with Brigitte Bardot. She is without a doubt my style icon and any dear friend would verify my countless attempts to be beach blonde (some less successful than others), my desperate need to perfect the cat eye look, and the lips… I should be an expert on the nude lip at this point of my life! The amalgamation of big, defined eyes, bronzed glowing skin, and near naked lips is classically beautiful, not to mention the perfect look for a mid-summer night! This look screams sexy while still appearing effortless and natural. Pair this look with an up do, ala Brigitte Bardot, and you have the recipe for dazzling!
- The thing to remember when attempting this beach beautiful look, is to focus on the eyes and the skin.
- Skin should be well hydrated before applying any bronzer, and using a BB Crème instead of a heavy foundation will give you ample coverage while still creating a natural glow.
- Create your smoky brown eye with a light layer of taupe shadow all over the lid followed by a deep shade of brown through the crease area.
- Begin lining the top of the lid, as close as possible to the lashes, with a black cake or gel liner and ever so slightly, winging it out at the corner.
- Next, lightly line the bottom waterline and top with several coats of lengthening mascara.
- Finish off the look with a touch of nude lip gloss, and your glammed up and ready to go!
GET THE LOOK:
This is a premium membership content!
The Makeup Sessions Membership brings together my experience as a professional makeup artist, as well as creating a beauty hub where the worlds best makeup artists spill their secrets. I believe you deserve to know how to look your most beautiful with significantly less effort than ever before!
When you're a member, you get:
- Let the makeup blogger team scour the web for you and bring you the best beauty secrets from celebrity makeup artists
- How to recreate celebrity looks for the real world….and in less time.
- View interviews with prominent makeup artists
- Have direct access to the team of beauty experts
Find out more about the membership here
BEAUTY BREAKDOWN:Selena Gomez at the Vanity Fair Oscar Partymakeup artist: celebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher for tarte
GET THE LOOK:
- Jenn started by prepping Selena's skin with a few drops of tarte's pure maracuja oil
- Then she applied tarte's clean slate flawless 12-hour brightening primer and BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer in medium to even out her complexion
- Jenn used maracuja creaseless concealer to brighten under Selena's eyes and swept a little Amazonian clay finishing powder over her entire face to finish the look
MAKEUP BY GITA BASS
“I had the absolute pleasure of working with the gorgeous Sarah Gadon. That skin!! That face!! She’s stunning. Here’s the breakdown.”
We went for a fresh modern look with a touch of old hollywood.
To keep her skin glowing and hydrated for the evening I prepped it with Amore Pacific Time Response Gel Creme, and added a few drops of Armani Luminous Silk in 2.
I then added Dior Skin Flash on cheekbones, brow bones and on the cupid bow for extra highlights.